Preview North v Tiges round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Hall deserves a go. Could be handy on the Marvel deck as long he stays accountable defensively.

Agree with a few that I don’t think many changes to integrate the kids will be made for a couple of weeks. Keep the senior boys in for Friday night against a top team, try and stay competitive and let Rhyce ease into the new role.

After that, we should be looking to get Bailey, Curtis, Murphy, McKay, Hayden, Watson, Ahern* and Walker* in to the team to see what they can do. 2019 should now be about setting up the future for next year and beyond. Really, it should’ve been that way after round 3 but alas.

*I understand both are injured.

Go Roos.

I looked at him yesterday and thought he reminds me of a young Chris Judd. Needs a bigger body and I hope he gets there. New coach new regime
He does move a bit like Judd.
Snake is right, it’s all about conditioning with him. I’m more than happy to be patient with him and let him develop in both the VFL and AFL

We can't expect too many systematic factors to change overnight, but I will be interested in how Rhyce treats the loose men issues.

Things such as the number one B.Scott trait of allowing opposition defenders to roam around unmanned and rack up heaps of touches.

Will Rhyce allow someone like Houli to roam around alone and cut us up with 35 laser disposals?

Richmond aren't going to be any huge issue from a speed perspective.

We can't expect too many systematic factors to change overnight

I'm coming into this Friday as just enjoying the game for what it is.

The season is done, Rhyce has a shot to flex his muscle as a coach & be creative while not defining himself in the long term as a coach and all the while the review begins for North as a club.

All the supporters can do is sit back and see what happens, for the first time in 10 years we can just relax and wait for positive change to happen. (Hopefully).

I am officially back on board provided the level of crap emanating from the club is kept in check.

I have only had a brief chat with Rhyce but I sense he doesn't exhibit the same level of "spruik" that we have had to endure for many years now.

Can this board facilitate what it needs to ensure it's own survival? We shall see.

Rd 11

Out: Turner, Thompson

In: Hall, Durdin

B: Atley, Tarrant, Pittard
HB: Macmillan, Durdin, Williams
C: Higgins, Cunnington, Polec
R: Goldstein, Ziebell, Anderson
HF: Hall, Wood, Simpkin
F: Thomas, Brown, Zurhaar
I: Dumont, LDU, Larkey, McDonald
E: Xerri, Taylor, Haydon, Hrovat

Best available but with an eye on development (thanks for your service Scotty T). Ideally 2 changes per week rewarding good VFL form and not rewarding mediocrity in the seniors or bringing back underdone players from injury. Macmillan lucky and he’s on notice. Hall, Ahern, Anderson or Dumont can play his role.

Haven’t considered the injured/rested Garner & Ahern this week. Hrovat pushing his case but would prefer Taylor. Campbell only if Goldy goes down.

Taylor, Hrovat or Haydon if LDU is sore.

Keep it simple this week, run it back with Hall in for LDU.

I doubt Shaw breaks the wheel in his first week in charge, just some basic tweaks to the game plan and hopefully some in-match adjustments when/if required.

Exciting times, especially considering a Friday night showcase vs the Tigers.

The new North by 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would bring in Hall. If LDU is sore rest him.
I would bring back Garner. The Tiges won’t like a refreshed Taylor on a Friday night.
Also bring Jy back into the midfield rotations.
He is wasted at half forward.

I agree with the emotional energy spend with a short turnaround and we could be in for a belting.

Umps will royally fist us to make sure of the result, whilst Gil and Scotts put a case of Grange to the sword.

Hall and Higgins to rotate off the HFF.

If we want to utilise Hall to his fullest potential he needs to play as a centre square mid. He isn’t a wingman.

Someone give this man a cigar.

Rd 11

Out: Turner, Thompson

In: Hall, Durdin

B: Atley, Tarrant, Pittard
HB: Macmillan, Durdin, Williams
C: Higgins, Cunnington, Polec
R: Goldstein, Ziebell, Anderson
HF: Hall, Wood, Simpkin
F: Thomas, Brown, Zurhaar
I: Dumont, LDU, Larkey, McDonald
E: Xerri, Taylor, Haydon, Hrovat

Best available but with an eye on development (thanks for your service Scotty T). Ideally 2 changes per week rewarding good VFL form and not rewarding mediocrity in the seniors or bringing back underdone players from injury. Macmillan lucky and he’s on notice. Hall, Ahern, Anderson or Dumont can play his role.

Haven’t considered the injured/rested Garner & Ahern this week. Hrovat pushing his case but would prefer Taylor. Campbell only if Goldy goes down.

Taylor, Hrovat or Haydon if LDU is sore.

Just watching the game again and Thompson had a pretty poor game. Several times players that he should have been manning up got away because he was trying to engineer himself as the loose man. Saw Suckling completely unmanned in the forward 50 leading to a goal and left Marley Williams completely mismatched on English which led to a mark and goal.
I like Durdin on Lynch as a bit of a test/opportunity for him. he should match up physically reasonably well. Taz can pick up Riewoldt.

Just watching the game again and Thompson had a pretty poor game. Several times players that he should have been manning up got away because he was trying to engineer himself as the loose man. Saw Suckling completely unmanned in the forward 50 leading to a goal and left Marley Williams completely mismatched on English which led to a mark and goal.
I like Durdin on Lynch as a bit of a test/opportunity for him. he should match up physically reasonably well. Taz can pick up Riewoldt.
Sookwoldt is still out for 4-6 weeks. It'll be Balta.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back