Preview North v Tiges round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

I am officially back on board provided the level of crap emanating from the club is kept in check.

I have only had a brief chat with Rhyce but I sense he doesn't exhibit the same level of "spruik" that we have had to endure for many years now.

Can this board facilitate what it needs to ensure it's own survival? We shall see.
Exactly right, good clubs always start from a good board and chairman. All the success we see at clubs like Hawthorn which visibly centers around Clarkson and their football people, absolutely always starts from the top. The fact Brad was able to stay in the job for that long without fixing the obvious issues or going anywhere on-field doesn't say much about our current board. Yes the players loved Brad and he clearly hasn't lost them, but that ain't enough to keep the job for 10 years at good clubs. My hope though, is that Buckley being fairly new and needed the time to get his head around where we are at, and if the events of this week are anything to go by, perhaps he has what it takes to provide the direction needed to push for the 5th Premiership.

LDU was grabbing his right shoulder, probably play it safe.
He looked like he was done for the day when he came off in pain, but surprisingly was able to get back on. I'd still rest him though.

Exactly right, good clubs always start from a good board and chairman. All the success we see at clubs like Hawthorn which visibly centers around Clarkson and their football people, absolutely always starts from the top. The fact Brad was able to stay on the job for that long without fixing the obvious issues or going anywhere on-field doesn't say much about our current board. Yes the players loved Brad and he clearly hasn't lost them, but that ain't enough to keep the job for 10 years at good clubs. My hope though, is that Buckley being fairly new and needed the time to get his head around where we are at, and if the events of this week are anything to go by, perhaps he has what it takes to provide the direction needed to push for the 5th Premiership.

Yyyyyyyep!

Kennett might be a colossal prick, but he is DRIVEN and RUTHLESS!

Exactly right, good clubs always start from a good board and chairman. All the success we see at clubs like Hawthorn which visibly centers around Clarkson and their football people, absolutely always starts from the top. The fact Brad was able to stay on the job for that long without fixing the obvious issues or going anywhere on-field doesn't say much about our current board. Yes the players loved Brad and he clearly hasn't lost them, but that ain't enough to keep the job for 10 years at good clubs. My hope though, is that Buckley being fairly new and needed the time to get his head around where we are at, and if the events of this week are anything to go by, perhaps he has what it takes to provide the direction needed to push for the 5th Premiership.

I am very happy to give Buckley the benefit of the doubt at this point given his experience and the way he moved to make the decision on Brad. I think there are three other key roles we have to make sure are right. The coach is the obvious one. I think having a really strong GM of football and CEO is critical. I don't know enough about Carl Dilena to judge one way or the other but I suspect Joyce is not right for the football role.

He looked like he was done for the day when he came off in pain, but surprisingly was able to get back on. I'd still rest him though.

He was done well before that. Condition & touch isn't there yet. Back to the ressies to work on both.

I am very happy to give Buckley the benefit of the doubt at this point given his experience and the way he moved to make the decision on Brad. I think there are three other key roles we have to make sure are right. The coach is the obvious one. I think having a really strong GM of football and CEO is critical. I don't know enough about Carl Dilena to judge one way or the other but I suspect Joyce is not right for the football role.

You're beginning to take on "The Ziebull" levels of obsession with this Joyce stuff.

It's been duly noted, now let's wait & see what the football club audit delivers.

He was done well before that. Condition & touch isn't there yet. Back to the ressies to work on both.
But if we dare play him in the VFL again, we aren't fairdinkum about development, and have no idea according to all the experts here? )))

You're beginning to take on "The Ziebull" levels of obsession with this Joyce stuff.

It's been duly noted, now let's wait & see what the football club audit delivers.

Pretty sure it's the first time I have ever mentioned Joyce in a post. Happy to wait for Buckley to run a professional process. There is plenty of time to do it right.

But if we dare play him in the VFL again, we aren't fairdinkum about development, and have no idea according to all the experts here? )))

It's the rationale of low level football intellects (i.e. most AFL journalists)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi folks,

if anyone is interested in some banter in the lead up to this weeks game, feel free to head on over to our banter thread.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...rne-vs-premiershipmond.1219500/#post-61077770

That aside I think this will be a good game. For me it has the same vibe as our Western Bulldogs game. Club with it's back against the wall, you have obviously had the coaching change, and the players are going to want to respond in a big way.

You always match up on us well too, I have this down as a danger game for us. Although to be fair most of our games have been danger games with who we have missing.

We will probably bring Ivan Soldo back in to ruck against Goldstien which is an absolute must. Gives us half a chance to break even at the stoppages.

Cotchin has been penciled in for this game as his return game for a while now. If that eventuates I reckon he might spend more time at HF rather than on the ball.

I also host the Richmond board weekly Podcast and tomorrow night I will be joined by your very own Snake_Baker to discuss the big game this week!

So we parted ways with Dean Laidley in the first week of round 12 2009 which was a split round and followed a loss to Adelaide where we kicked 3 goals in the match.

Remarkably, it was our first match interstate as we played our first 11 games in Victoria. Can’t imagine what that would feel like.

Crocker took over and the players had a week off before preparing for a home game against the Bulldogs at the MCG.
We lost by 22 points.

Crocker had us playing competitive football as we lost to Syd by 15, Hawthorn by 9, Drew with Richmond, lost convincingly to Brisbane, Carlton done us by 10 in Simmos final game before Goldi kicked 5 to help us belt Melbourne in round 19.

We’re 2 games out of finals. We have a relatively healthy list.
I don’t rate the competition and any team is beatable on their day.

Whatever way Shaw decides to take the club is rather finish bottom 6 or top 6.

Players playing for their careers may help that.

Hi folks,

if anyone is interested in some banter in the lead up to this weeks game, feel free to head on over to our banter thread.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...rne-vs-premiershipmond.1219500/#post-61077770

That aside I think this will be a good game. For me it has the same vibe as our Western Bulldogs game. Club with it's back against the wall, you have obviously had the coaching change, and the players are going to want to respond in a big way.

You always match up on us well too, I have this down as a danger game for us. Although to be fair most of our games have been danger games with who we have missing.

We will probably bring Ivan Soldo back in to ruck against Goldstien which is an absolute must. Gives us half a chance to break even at the stoppages.

Cotchin has been penciled in for this game as his return game for a while now. If that eventuates I reckon he might spend more time at HF rather than on the ball.

I also host the Richmond board weekly Podcast and tomorrow night I will be joined by your very own Snake_Baker to discuss the big game this week!

You guys will be ok as long as it rains, you always beat us in the wet

Dilena has been there a long time and has dual role as CEO and Director, I think its the right time to consider restructuring so we appoint a new separate CEO and Dilena to focus on positioning a Board with some new people on it towards a winning culture to set us up for our next Premiership.

FB: Marley Williams, Sam Durdin, Jasper Pittard
HB: Shaun Atley, Robbie Tarrant, Jamie Macmillan
C: Trent Dumont, Ben Cunnington, Jared Polec
HF: Jack Ziebell, Nick Larkey, Tarryn Thomas
FF: Cam Zurhaar, Ben Brown, Mason Wood
R: Todd Goldstein, Jed Anderson, Shaun Higgins
I/C: Luke Davies-Uniacke, Luke McDonald, Jy Simpkin, Aaron Hall

IN: Durdin, Hall
OUT: Thompson, Turner

No reason we can't win this game.

Unlike others I'm not prepared to throw the towel in yet.

New coach, hopefully new life into the season and move to 4-7. Could be better, could be worse.

Tanking early for picks has been proven many times to not be an effective strategy to obtain future success.

FB: Marley Williams, Sam Durdin, Jasper Pittard
HB: Shaun Atley, Robbie Tarrant, Jamie Macmillan
C: Trent Dumont, Ben Cunnington, Jared Polec
HF: Jack Ziebell, Nick Larkey, Tarryn Thomas
FF: Cam Zurhaar, Ben Brown, Mason Wood
R: Todd Goldstein, Jed Anderson, Shaun Higgins
I/C: Luke Davies-Uniacke, Luke McDonald, Jy Simpkin, Aaron Hall

IN: Durdin, Hall
OUT: Thompson, Turner
I'd like to see Durdin persisted with. Will be interesting to see where Shaw stands on certain players over the next few months.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi folks,

Thanks but pass, can imagine it now 'more Richmond fans where I was sitting' etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back