Preview North v Tiges round 11

CarnTheKANGAS

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Because he played okay in the VFL? In a loss? Laid 10 tackles? Second to the ball? What have you seen thats impressive? The hand ball to a team mate that sells them under significant pressure? Or the shitty one two handball that gets No Meters gained? Or the easy misses at goal? Or his nature to back away from the contest? Or his kicking efficiency? He laced out the opposition pretty well! Which part of his game do you like? He had to change my mind, he has been absolutely useless!
Ha.. you've described more than half of our team
"Second to the ball? What have you seen thats impressive? The hand ball to a team mate that sells them under significant pressure? Or the shitty one two handball that gets No Meters gained? Or the easy misses at goal? Or his nature to back away from the contest? Or his kicking efficiency? He laced out the opposition pretty well!"

At least when he was dropped he's gone back, got solid numbers, kicked goals and shown defensive intent. Now he is showing reserves grade form consistency he should be in line for a senior recall for a member of the team is is currently out of form or not playing to team/role instruction. It sounds you have a bit of a vendetta against this bloke and come across as rules for some and not for others.

As mentioned, you could've mentioned a major portion of our squad throughout the first 12 weeks (inc. preseason)

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ha.. you've described more than half of our team
"Second to the ball? What have you seen thats impressive? The hand ball to a team mate that sells them under significant pressure? Or the shitty one two handball that gets No Meters gained? Or the easy misses at goal? Or his nature to back away from the contest? Or his kicking efficiency? He laced out the opposition pretty well!"

At least when he was dropped he's gone back, got solid numbers, kicked goals and shown defensive intent. Now he is showing reserves grade form consistency he should be in line for a senior recall for a member of the team is is currently out of form or not playing to team/role instruction. It sounds you have a bit of a vendetta against this bloke and come across as rules for some and not for others.

As mentioned, you could've mentioned a major portion of our squad throughout the first 12 weeks (inc. preseason)
.... and I have mentioned others on multiple occasions! This is about discussing Hall! By no means am I content with the performances of most players, especially the “leaders”

Edit: also I remember people saying Hrovat had good form and should come in before Zurhaar! I was on Zurhaars side saying he should be getting games over Hrovat!

Last edited:

Silver finger

Senior List
Mar 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Hall cannot break the line OR turns the ball over across the half back line or centre of the ground, Richmonds press will absolutely kills us the other way! It will give no time for our defence to structure up.. This is why Hall is a liability! Because from what I have seen, it will be near on impossible for him to do! To be honest if we cant make finals, I dont want to win another game.. so pick hall, hrovat and a few others so we lose!

Can you please hate Jmac and Lmac as much as Hall? and let's move to their thread.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
our new coach, Scamper, My Little Geelong Cat:
IMG_0685.JPG

is outstanding in his field.

If we won the flag 2 years ago with an underwhelming list rest assured we'd all still be in a similar state.

Hmmmm ... enough of us can remember the last flag. I know what you mean, but for them it was the 37 year drought, and the years of having crap hung on them too.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Hmmmm ... enough of us can remember the last flag. I know what you mean, but for them it was the 37 year drought, and the years of having crap hung on them too.

20 years has worn me down too my friend.

If you'd told me fresh off the '99 flag "you won't need to worry about queuing up at Ticketmaster for the next 20 years" I'd have cried.

The thing with Richmond, their forward press doesn't forgive crappy disposal out of the back half. To beat them you don't just need to turn up, you need a game plan tweak and you need your forward line clicking, as they will likely dominate inside 50s with their repeat entries, and our forwards won't get nearly as many opportunities as we did last week. Based on the amount of entries last week, we should really have kicked even more goals than we did - lucky we were accurate at least. This week the backline needs to tidy up their disposal under pressure, and our forwards need to convert. Midfield will break even I reckon.

it could get ugly if the players emotions are all over the place or it could be a close one
Why would their emotions be all over the place - that was last week, this is now. The whole lot of them are playing for their futures and should come out all guns blazing. The next 12 weeks will sort the men from the pretenders and I for one couldnt be more pleased

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Why would their emotions be all over the place - that was last week, this is now. The whole lot of them are playing for their futures and should come out all guns blazing. The next 12 weeks will sort the men from the pretenders and I for one couldnt be more pleased

Most important word highlighted.

scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos

Shaw mentioned and McMillan mentioned it in both there pressers. Could go either way.

20 years has worn me down too my friend.

If you'd told me fresh off the '99 flag "you won't need to worry about queuing up at Ticketmaster for the next 20 years" I'd have cried.

Don't worry, both Hootie and the Blowfish AND Maroon 5 are touring soon, so you can head down there and recreate the magic with your favourite bands.

sruss

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Had a half day so went down and watched training today, Larkey wasn’t out there but Curtis Taylor was. Does that mean anything?

If we are serious about beating Richmond this Friday nite, we MUST tag Houli.
And for me, Atley is the man. It’s time he sacrificed a game for the greater good.

If we don’t tag Houli, we get what we deserve.
I'd rather get Turner to do it. Atley is too important to us to sacrifice. He was very good last week.

Back