Preview North v Tiges round 11

The VFL team:

received_2258210641159555.gif

No change. Just what we all wanted.
I'm not sure (Shaw?) there was a whole lot of option here.

It's only an issue if there's under performance which is then back up by lack of action at selection committee.

For mine he gets 3 rounds. We should have settled after this week. Clearly last week was highly emotional.
Next round it'll be put up or shut up.
The next round he either stamps his authority as coach or doesn't.

This of course is on the proviso that our inconsistency is maintained.

Interesting

You implying Shaw's lack of changes validates Brad's years of selection table inaction.

showusyacunningt

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
doghouse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Haleing goals
Should be trying to kick the ball and maintain possession this week. If we try and flick it around we'll play right into their pressure trap and get done by 10 goals.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fine with no change for the moment, as long as I don't see the exact same hapless, crumbling-under-pressure, handball-happy gameplan of the last decade. I understand Rhyce is a caretaker and not a full-time senior coach, but hopefully with his newfound authority he'll make some tweaks to the gameplan in order to adjust better when the opposition brings the heat. Not expecting a win, but would really like to see some small changes in how the boys go about it

Will be a challenge for LMac, Marley, JMac and Ats.

Those Tiges small forwards are all sitting there saying to each other "If I'm the poor ba$**** that cops Marley, you lot owe me a slab each".

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Last chance saloon for a few tomorrow night

I also heard that Hall is a likely in for LDU

Who would you say is in that last chance saloon? And what will we find out about them that we don't already know?

At some point, we have to make a conscious decision to bring a few more of the young players in to give them experience and see what they have.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We won by 4 goals last week, and the same 22 are all fit. I suspect that's the reason for no change. Pretty easy to justify, really.
Yes it is although it is worth noting that Richmond also won by 4 goals, the same 22 are all fit from the game and they have decided to bring 3 new players in - including one to replace a gun in Rioli.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate?

C'mon. Do you need to watch the vision from his last game showing how easily he got brushed aside or how little impact he made?
Wouldn't you rather see Taylor or Hayden instead?
You know I would rather see Taylor or Hayden in, but let the guys set his own line to be crossed and then they all know what the deal is. Don't worry you'll here from me if history repeats itself.

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
I like the way there is no bullshit with how the team will line-up. Everyone is named in their actual position, perhaps I'm being overly pedantic but I hated the Scott way of naming the selected side.

Back