Preview North v Tiges round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
P
The thing with Richmond, their forward press doesn't forgive crappy disposal out of the back half. To beat them you don't just need to turn up, you need a game plan tweak and you need your forward line clicking, as they will likely dominate inside 50s with their repeat entries, and our forwards won't get nearly as many opportunities as we did last week. Based on the amount of entries last week, we should really have kicked even more goals than we did - lucky we were accurate at least. This week the backline needs to tidy up their disposal under pressure, and our forwards need to convert. Midfield will break even I reckon.
it could get ugly if the players emotions are all over the place or it could be a close one
They are professionals, they have moved on.

CunnyTarryn

Senior List
Apr 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who would you say is in that last chance saloon? And what will we find out about them that we don't already know?

At some point, we have to make a conscious decision to bring a few more of the young players in to give them experience and see what they have.
That’s right, I’d expect Thompson, Turner, LDU, Macmillan & LMC would want to play well

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know it's pushing it, but now I think we should have given Kyron a shot on Dusty, he can't handle a tag, but stuff it I know why not
No you are not pushing it - but you are suggesting a Brownlow medalist from 2 years ago and a guy still in the elite bracket of AFL players when on song could be curbed by a guy who has never played an AFL game and rarely gets mentioned in the bests in the NMFC reserves. I think it's an interesting observation.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Goldy has the same input he did last week, pencil him in for 3 votes! Should destroy the game! Will be weary of their midfield as they will try and read goldy all day... more polly farmer-esque taps please Gold man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm fine with no changes.

It's how they play under Shaw far more important. Axe can be swung in time.

We have a good enough team to beat the Tigers.

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They can't challenge our fwds with quick delivery. Our backs are good enough so long as not hammered ala GF game when midfield just awful.

If it's slow movement, side, back, fwd, back, side, fwd, back, side, fwd etc (and gone 20 metres overall if that) they'll kill us.

It's how they want us to play.

Need to play aggressive, positive footy. Play to our strengths.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just like last week - we are taller, heavier and older - can we get the same result?

North Melbourne Attribute Richmond
188.6cm Height 185.9cm
88.0kg Weight 85.9kg
25yr 10mth Age 24yr 11mth
111.4 Games 98.5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back