North VFL 2020

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Eight tweets about Ziebell and none about Walker or literally any other player. One tweet for each of the halftime and full-time scores. Sick work from whoever's running the account

Must of sent tweets between races

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Carlton has split with the Northern Blues

To the Board and Management of the NMFC Do everything you can to save our club also at VFL level as well if membership has to go up across the board so be it.
I be will to pay an extra $100 a year for a club membership to keep these 2 teams going so be it.
I can’t speak for other members but hopefully they follow suit.

Apr 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
novel sentiment but one has to acknowledge that of our 37k odd members there would surely be a percentage who are effected financially to the point they cant even take out any membership going fwd for the interim.
Yep.

Upping prices in difficult economic times isn't the way to go. We'll make more money lowering prices.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will we see an AFL reserves comp next year with state leagues dropping to an amateur level?

Only hawks, saints, freo and dees have an alignment to a state league team and aren’t standalone yet

Would be easy for us as we have our own seconds team
Footy department costs will be slashed. No money to fly seconds teams interstate.

Footy department costs will be slashed. No money to fly seconds teams interstate.
On the contrary a lot of state clubs will go under so the afl reserves might happen by default

Not sure how much money afl pump into state leagues but that can be used for the reserves Afl Comp instead

And state leagues turn to ammo leagues with no afl involvement

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The comp looks dead in the water unfortunately. It may just be practice matches and played before the main game to further save costs. The Doctors and trainers etc would be involved in both matches.

Feel for the likes of Port Melb, a proud club. One issue is the amount of games the G would host over any given weekend. Another option is sending the players all over the place to play in lower leagues, that imo is all kinds of ****ed up. Unprofessional and in my day there'd have been guys looking to take out a footballer of 'pedigree'. Dangerous ground.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Afl reserves comp is inevitable

Port melb etc can go to the local leagues
If things change in 2021 whether we have an AFL 2nds team or new look VFL style set up 2nds team who would you consider what players to keep or delist or recruit to make it work by paying a certain type or levy to keep it going across the board with a normal AFL club membership.

Port will be ok, I feel for Coburg who will really struggle.
My thinking is more regardless of which standalone vfl clubs will be ok there won’t be a VFL in 2021

It’ll just be afl reserves comp at least for vic and local leagues

So Port Melbourne would just end up in the EDFL etc

And the 10 afl vic teams would have their own league

My thinking is more regardless of which standalone vfl clubs will be ok there won’t be a VFL in 2021

It’ll just be afl reserves comp at least for vic and local leagues

So Port Melbourne would just end up in the EDFL etc

And the 10 afl vic teams would have their own league
I suspect that would actually benefit those VFL teams in some ways. They would be very strong in those comps.

I actually think the AFL is more likely to scrap the VFL teams and reduce list sizes. Although I don’t think clubs would want to go back to an alignment model.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I suspect that would actually benefit those VFL teams in some ways. They would be very strong in those comps.

I actually think the AFL is more likely to scrap the VFL teams and reduce list sizes. Although I don’t think clubs would want to go back to an alignment model.
It would be a very very sad day if this club was forched into a merger with a VFL club we all saw what happened last time with that the VFL clubs used our players as Guinne pigs to get they own success at the expense of the North Melbourne football club EG: Werribee which I hope falls over and rots to death to the other VFL clubs I hope you all survive as clubs either in the WRFL ,MPFL,NFL or the EDFL

Back