Game Day North vs Bulldogs. Preseason game 1. Welcome back Maj.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone considered the fact they were just better than us.

We are fighting to play finals, they are fighting to win the premiership.

Is it so difficult to accept that they are ahead of us?

We can use every excuse under the sun, but ...... Bont, McCrae and Hunter are fantastic accumulators and it showed!

We will be better for the experience, i'd prefer a reality check going into season proper than smashing nobodies.

Truths were shown, bathwater didn't taste so good! Some hope was there.

Personally I believe it was just what was needed. Let's see how the playing group responds.

No doom, no gloom, just shown a quality standard of football by a better team currently.

P.S. If Mason can't get a game with our outs it doesn't bode well for him. Upside is we didn't gift him a game. Messages are being sent and enforced with actions!
Excellent post. They're a classy outfit, right enough..... and super hard working. The numbers they got to every contest was very impressive and the way they spread to create space then converge to restrict space is what makes them a good side.

Because you are obsessed with him.

Let the Mods do their job.
Spot on. I can picture tZb getting all hot under the collar when Jamie applies the liniment at training.....or fogging up the outside of his lounge room window on a Monday in July while Jamie reclines on the couch reviewing running patterns on his laptop....

Couldn't agree more Horizons....not a leaders A...hole..... at least he makes up for it on the eye candy front.... you've got contribute where you can......

I'm no JMac fan but lets watch a real game first.

He is infuriating at times but voted into leadership group.

Again, i have no allegance to players.......North win I do not care who plays.

I'm no JMac fan but lets watch a real game first.

He is infuriating at times but voted into leadership group.
Exactly right GS... this is a PRACTICE match FFS.... Everyone is rusty (except Bont maybe)....The whole idea is to run our players into form....I fully expect Jamie to be better for the hit out and carve it up in Marsh2....

Exactly right GS... this is a PRACTICE match FFS.... Everyone is rusty (except Bont maybe)....The whole idea is to run our players into form....I fully expect Jamie to be better for the hit out and carve it up in Marsh2....

MacMillan has always had his issues.

Christ our Captain is probably worse.

I just want to see real games first that's all.

QUOTE="Psicosis, post: 64414200, member: 131425"]
“Overreaction” “It’s just a preseason game” “‘Other’ excuse”...

No one can justify the lack of game plan.

I can excuse the skills for maybe 1 more week but that excuse is gone by round 1. Ditto with our midfield setup, which was a complete mess, once again the opposition outnumber us at every contest (or we are just slow). Mind you both these have been issues for a very long time, and should have been one of the biggest priorities when Rhys took over. Must be addressed.

The injuries may excuse Turner, Macmillan & MacDonalds positions, that also goes by round 1. If Rhys plays them all based on output over last 5 years and this preseason, then we may as well still have Brad.

Dunno what the f*** they’re gonna do with the backline tbh, Tarrant helps a lot obviously but the lack of composure out of our backline has been a problem for over a decade.
Great vision. He can separate over the first few steps and is a ball magnet. He's way back in the guillotine queue.
[/QUOTE]
He's an accumulator that's for sure, knows how to find it.... However I feel he has way too many deficiencies to make it as a midfielder and he can't play anywhere else. I hope I'm proven wrong but I reckon he's a bust....Bonar already ahead in his first year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think I’m overacting at all

I don’t care whether it’s a practice match or not, Jmac has to show leadership no matter what and be consistent in his message

He started to lift under Shaw at the back end of last season and had some ripping games. I am confident he will lift in 2020 and hopefully silence some people that are obsessed with his downfall

I don’t think I’m overacting at all

I don’t care whether it’s a practice match or not, Jmac has to show leadership no matter what and be consistent in his message

He started to lift under Shaw at the back end of last season and had some ripping games. I am confident he will lift in 2020 and hopefully silence some people that are obsessed with his downfall
I agree Horizons.... If anyone can get the best out of Jamie its SuperCoach Shaw. Expecting a rebooted JMac v 2.0 when round 1 arrives

I didn’t think his early season form was too bad and he seemed somewhat of a scapegoat with how we were going at the time.

Their trade currency is pretty irrelevant given Hall is nearing 30. If they were the same age I would give up more for Hall all day long. Even now I don’t think anyone would give up much for either. Libba has done his knee twice and hasn’t played well for years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Well when we started winning again, Shaw still didn't think he was worthy of a recall.

Well when we started winning again, Shaw still didn't think he was worthy of a recall.

Because he was out with mental health or injured. Probably a fair call on Shaw’s behalf.

He played 2 VFL games under Shaw (only 5 for the year) and the last one he got injured and was out for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely this is the earliest in the season that someone has asked who our skills coach is.
It’s been asked every year for the last ten seasons and no one answers because we clearly don’t have a skills coach

It’s been asked every year for the last ten seasons and no one answers because we clearly don’t have a skills coach

We have ex AFL players as coaches. What do you need a skills coach for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back