Oppo Camp North want a Tasmania academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Always a great idea to ask for an unfair and ridiculous concession for your club when you're currently sitting undefeated on top of the ladder after succesive years playing in preliminary finals :rolleyes:

....with the oldest team in a competition that includes Fremantle.

Always a great idea to ask for an unfair and ridiculous concession for your club when you're currently sitting undefeated on top of the ladder after succesive years playing in preliminary finals :rolleyes:

What do you think WE could ask for?:D;):rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

What do you think WE could ask for?:D;):rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
Would it be unreasonable for us to ask that we don't get gouged with equalisation tax by the AFL because we've made good investments and built our membership base? How about at least not redirecting that tax money towards barely solvent clubs like North Melbourne who get on their high horse about not having pokies as an income stream but happily take handouts from the AFL sourced from pokie revenue at clubs like ours.

I've no problem with North moving south and being re-named the Tassie Campaigners.

Not sure that Taswegians would agree...

"The Tasmanian Maps"?

Don't think so. The AFL are desperate for the Northern states to take off, acadamies are allowed there.

Tasmanians? Don't they follow footy already?
They follow footy in Albury and all the NSW towns that are on the doorstep of Victoria, didn't stop the AFL giving GWS that football rich zone.
The Riverina zone entitlement's should have been cut off atleast 50k's from the VIC/NSW border.

Last edited:
Would it be unreasonable for us to ask that we don't get gouged with equalisation tax by the AFL because we've made good investments and built our membership base? How about at least not redirecting that tax money towards barely solvent clubs like North Melbourne who get on their high horse about not having pokies as an income stream but happily take handouts from the AFL sourced from pokie revenue at clubs like ours.
The only reason they don't have pokies is they some how managed to stuff it up. If North had the money or a bank was willing to lend them money they no doubt would have invested more into their failed pokies venture to get it right.

Really disappointing that the AFL don't acknowledge one of its clubs continued hard work and community engagement and instead push its agenda. The academy isn't going to be the same as the Northern states where they get first dibs on players unless they are from indigenous or non-English speaking backgrounds but it's still pathetic that North get handed a whole state when they have done nothing to earn it.

Really disappointing that the AFL don't acknowledge one of its clubs continued hard work and community engagement and instead push its agenda. The academy isn't going to be the same as the Northern states where they get first dibs on players unless they are from indigenous or non-English speaking backgrounds but it's still pathetic that North get handed a whole state when they have done nothing to earn it.

This is the same club that cry about other clubs and pokies whilst puffing their chests out with pride saying they have none.

But are willing to accept handouts in which a portion of the money has come from pokies.

Pathetic club

What a pathetic, corrupt, agenda driven organisation!

North are nothing but a bunch of freeloading handout merchants!

DISGRACEFUL!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we surprised
Mate I'm not. I despise this scaby dingy wantabe club. I'll never forgive or forget 1975 - make no mistake the then powers of the vfl commission wanted North to get their first flag and the umpiring was done in accordance with their agenda - don't let the final margin fool you, that game was rigged. John Kennedy didn't say "we'll get the bastards next year" for no reason. I know a lot was made of the little fella being left out which is why the umpiring for that GF is never spoken about, plus Nth have always been well protected within the media.
Don't forgot they brought that team with FA in the day as well.

That club doesn't have a single redeeming quality in my eyes. Even their hero's like Archer was nothing but a cheat who got away with just crashing fair square into the middle of the forwards back, never pinged, instead lauded for courage by attacking a player from behind. Then thugs like Picket.......yea i do not have a single good word to say about this tin pot little nothing of a club.

If North had any idea of what 'fair play' is they would have at least involved Hawthorn in the Tasmanian Academy discussions. Disgraceful conduct.

Disappointed in the current Government as well. Jim Bacon (Tasmanian Premier that made AFL games in the state a reality) would be turning in his grave. He was all about fair play and vision hence giving the economically downtrodden Launceston (at the time) a big leg up getting games played there.

Only Labor Premier I have ever voted for fwiw.

Not much the Hawks can do - they've made a commitment to the state not the afl. The afl wanted them out and they were ignored - afl have very long memories and at the first opportunity they've struck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back