List Mgmt. North: Where is the list really at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Adding Junker,Taylor, Zurhaar, Jy certainly adds a dramatic element to the year ahead.
Next year we could have, Hibberd/Mullett, Wagner, Simpkin, Dumont, Mcdonald/Atley (williams down back), possibly Garner and Hovret running through the midfield at different stages of games/different games.

Definitely complements Ziebell, Cunnington, Swallow and Goldy.

The midfield is not going to be as one paced as it was this year, same with our HB with Dal out of their.

I think we will be fine for 2017.

As others have said, the only loss we can not replace is Boomer, and that did not include the defensive side of his game.

Overall I think the list will suprise a few with how well they go. It will be a pleasure to feed a great big s**t burger to the main board *ers who have us bottom four.

Edit: I never said gooses, I said *ers

Edit: Edit: I give up

As others have said, the only loss we can not replace is Boomer, and that did not include the defensive side of his game.

Overall I think the list will suprise a few with how well they go. It will be a pleasure to feed a great big s**t burger to the main board gooses who have us bottom four.

Edit: I never said gooses, I said gooses

Geese, or some obscene word?

Overall I think the list will suprise a few with how well they go. It will be a pleasure to feed a great big s**t burger to the main board gooses who have us bottom four.

Edit: I never said gooses, I said gooses

I completely agree with this.

I don't think we'll be anywhere near as bad as a lot of opposition fans - and even some on here, to be fair - think we will be. Anyone who expects us to collapse and finish bottom 4 will be disappointed.

That wait until the preseason games gets itchier.

Yep.

I'm looking forward to us ruining a lot of teams plans next season. It would take something massive for us to go deep into finals but I think we're more than capable of pushing for them with a bit of luck and a good run.

I don't think our retirements were a huge part in our 9-0 run. We massively missed Wright, Jacobs, Higgins in particular and we gambled a lot on Anderson being the extra bit of zip last season. When he went down 1st up it hurt because it was a key weakness. I can't see the core we have not being competitive, particularly with some added dash. That same core got us to the last couple of finals series (IMHO) and it is still there.

Edit: BTW, none of these clowns will come out and admit they have no idea when we do better than they think. It will all be, but other teams were injured, we got them at a bad time etc etc.

Last edited:
Yep.

I'm looking forward to us ruining a lot of teams plans next season. It would take something massive for us to go deep into finals but I think we're more than capable of pushing for them with a bit of luck and a good run.

I don't think our retirements were a huge part in our 9-0 run. We massively missed Wright, Jacobs, Higgins in particular and we gambled a lot on Anderson being the extra bit of zip last season. When he went down 1st up it hurt because it was a key weakness. I can't see the core we have not being competitive, particularly with some added dash. That same core got us to the last couple of finals series (IMHO) and it is still there.
And Waite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Waite.

True, but I guess I'm trying to look at players that we know can be available in 2-3 years. Waite could be, but who knows at this stage. The others there is no reason beyond significant injury that they can't be.

We have (pre-draft) 13 players who are aged 21 years old or younger (at at 23 March 2017). Only 4 have debuted. An average of 3.9 games between them.

We just lost 1588 games of experience with five players aged 32 years old or older (as at 23 March 2017). An average of 317.6 games each between them.

So, while 13 doesn't go into 5 (hence 'competition, not just opportunity'), it highlights the log jam issue we faced. Factor in another 4-5 draftees too.
Okay, so updating this.

Including the rookies, we now have 20 players who are aged 21 years old or younger, as at 23rd March 2017 (start of next season). Only 4 have debuted (Dumont, Turner, Wagner, Clarke) with a grand total of 51 games between them. So, an average of 2.55 games between 20 players! In reality 12.75 av. games between four players, and another 16 players who have not debuted.

Not counting Jeffries, out of 43 senior and rookie listed players, 20 players (46.5%) are 21 or younger. 37% of the list have yet to play a game of AFL footy, and another three players, gained through trades are yet to play for NMFC.

Exciting times.

Okay, so updating this.

Including the rookies, we now have 20 players who are aged 21 years old or younger, as at 23rd March 2017 (start of next season). Only 4 have debuted (Dumont, Turner, Wagner, Clarke) with a grand total of 51 games between them. So, an average of 2.55 games between 20 players! In reality 12.75 av. games between four players, and another 16 players who have not debuted.

Not counting Jeffries, out of 43 senior and rookie listed players, 20 players (46.5%) are 21 or younger. 37% of the list have yet to play a game of AFL footy, and another three players, gained through trades are yet to play for NMFC.

Exciting times.
Exciting times but also how did we let it get to this? A portion of those players really should have debuted.

age_experience_afl.jpg

Exciting times but also how did we let it get to this? A portion of those players really should have debuted.
Of the 20 under 21s, four have debuted, two this year.
  • Of the 16 who haven’t debuted, 8 have only just arrived at the club; 7 draftees + Ahern who didn’t debut for GWS due to injuries.
  • Of the remaining eight, three are the 2014 intake who all missed 2015 with injury. EVW was on the cusp in 2016.
  • The remaining five include Preuss and Fordham (rookie list, so limited opportunities), McKay (young big man), Hibberd (injured) and Mountford.
To be honest, I reckon the only U21s ‘hard done by’ are Dumont who could have played more games, and possibly Mountford and EVW who each could have debuted at least. Not sure Nielson or Durdin's form warranted selection.

For balance, the middle age group and the older age group:

We have 14 players aged between 22 and 26 with 1000 games between them, averaging 70 AFL games each.
  • 5 have played over 100 games (Ziebell, Cunnington, Atley, Wright and Macmillan).
  • 5 have played over 50 games (Jacobs, Williams, Mullett, Brown and McDonald).
  • 4 have not yet played 50 games (Hrovat, Daw, Wood, and Garner).
Jacobs, Williams, Hrovat brought in at different points to add to this demographic.

At the older end of the spectrum, we have 9 players aged 27 or older, with 1467 games between them, averaging 163 games.
  • Swallow and Waite, over 200 games.
  • Thomas, Thompson, Goldstein, and Higgins over 150 games.
  • Hansen, and Gibson over 100 games and Tarrant, due to injury, only 84 games.
So, all up across both age groups (ie over 21 yo), another 23 players with an average 107 games experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back