Northaholics anonymous

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey champ I lost my Tarryn Thomas Bulldogs gif. Can I borrow yours? I'll give it straight back, just need it for a bit aye.

I feared the worst before the game looking at our backline. Was hoping it did not happen ,but it has. I said to my mate our young players when they start to mature remember these games or seasons and when it is their time they need to do the same.

Why do I care so much? Why do I care more than the players? I have a boy due in June. I am not sure I want to indoctrinate him into this life.

Why do I care so much? Why do I care more than the players? I have a boy due in June. I am not sure I want to indoctrinate him into this life.
I apologised to my son yesterday for making him barrack for the NMFC. The poor little bugger has really known nothing but misery when it comes to following us. And sees his dad regularly get angry and frustrated when watching us play on TV. I so hope we can turn this all around

It could be worse.

You could have been coming here since 2002 and not 2008 and have posted an additional 9000 posts of largely forgettable rubbish, or made yourself the self proclaimed GD OP creator for a 12.00.01am start which thankfully is losing at being a priority in my life.
All in the hope of a Flag
just remember its that "largely forgettable rubbish" that maintains our sanity while we watch the congaline of players churn through the system attempting to acheive the holy grail of a handball chain of 3 possessions without a fumble. untill we achieve that the largely forgettable rubbish is what keeping me keeping on.

i want to be the grumpy old man who sitting in the nursing home in 20 years preaching to all in sunbury that i remember the day i watched the game where a north team sans 2000 executed a piece of play where they had 3 possetions without a fumble which lead to the turn of events that lead to or current successful period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking about getting a divorce. It's not me, it's them ☹
Two years after the divorce you'll run into them, and since you they've become dedicated to the gym work and are showing the results. They're eating better, sleeping better, taking better care of themselves. They're looking smarter, sharper.....you could almost say their life is divided into two periods:

During Hoj and after Hoj.

"Don't torment yourself" you'll say, "It was them and I made the right call" you'll think aloud..... but will you believe yourself? I mean you'll be enjoying your weekends not thinking about them, engaging in other pursuits with adults in the real world. Someone may even ask you about them and you'll give a wry smile as you ask "oh, how are they going?" as you rush home to see what photos are on social media sitting in the dark of your loungeroom in a Wels Eicke lace up gurnsey longing for the old days.

-

Stick fat Hoj. You've seen worse in darker days.

I'm thinking about getting a divorce. It's not me, it's them ☹
I am estranged at this point in time.

Didn’t see her in 2020.

Twice in 2021.

Moved on but looking from afar and it’s strained viewing. Didn’t even bother looking at her for the Freo game.

Still financially supporting on Auto Debit.

Had a huge argument in public at the MCG over a lousy Cap.

She finally got the email sorted out a couple of weeks ago. Now I just get requests to sell her Raffle Tickets or cough up $3800 for a Corporate Box to the GWS game.

I am hanging on there. We might come good.

(Unsure about the New Bloke though. Doesn’t seem to have a plan.)

Last edited:
I went to my first AA meeting a couple of weeks ago.

I said "My name is archeleven and I barrack for the North Melbourne Footy Club"

The 23 people at the meeting instantly got around me for a group hug pulled out whatever drink cards they had in their wallets and said "arch, you need these more than we do. Come back at the end of the season"

That's my story.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So, anyone going along to the VFL game at Arden St today?
I was thinking about whether I’m becoming a masochist but then I remembered this article. Just substitute ‘Irish’ with ‘North supporters’ and it makes a lot of sense. This paragraph in particular:
“… found the North supporters fatalistic and full of optimism; fiercely loyal and bitter rivals amongst themselves; proud and self-deprecating; fighters and kind of heart, sentimental and hard realists, maudlin and above all, mirthful.” Yep, that sums it up nicely. See you at the footy.
3CEF6767-8285-411F-9FA4-5A0CC8B97C0B.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back