#NORTHBOUND

Remove this Banner Ad

While some may not like our new home guernsey, at least be appreciative of how well it compares to Geelong's new clash strip.

Like something I spend ten minutes cobbling together in MS Paint. The hell is that G ...

While some may not like our new home guernsey, at least be appreciative of how well it compares to Geelong's new clash strip.

View attachment 311735
Why? Be Appreciative? Turn it up Kimbo. It's a disgrace that those Twits who run the club have altered our home strip. There was nothing wrong with our strip. IMG_1265.JPG

Doesn't matter, is purely a marketing exercise for them.

They won't be required to wear it at all, as we were the only team that the AFL deemed there was a clash against.

So we have actually done them a favour by bastardising ourselves.

You got to laugh at these Turkeys Hardon. It is a moronic argument. In my mind there are some non negotiables. Our name North Melbourne. Our base Hardon St. Our jumper that is blue and white stripes 3 off with the middle stripe being blue in colour. But there are idiots out there who feel compelled to reinvent the wheel. Our club is beautiful as it is. The traditional guernsey is a thing of beauty. It is the jumper we all wore as children. That we still wear now. Why some idiots want to **** with tradition because of a look is beyond me. But I suppose when the only sentence these Twits can mutter is Gobble, Gobble, Gobble should we expect any different? :stern look
65818073.jpg

For what it's worth, I've always preferred the dark blue strip. Took me a while to sift through the gnashing of teeth to find out what the change was and was pleasantly surprised!

65818073.jpg

For what it's worth, I've always preferred the dark blue strip. Took me a while to sift through the gnashing of teeth to find out what the change was and was pleasantly surprised!
LOL. So for some 169 years plus we have predominately worn the strip that Wayne Carey above is seen winning Premierships in and you prefer some alternative that was created as a Collingwood rip off. What are your other preferences? Licking Hairy Arses? Might explain a bit. : stern look

Anyways as for me and change. Well I don't mind change for the better. Had no problem when we started playing on Friday nights. When we redeveloped Hardon St. When we gave Schimma the arse as coach. When I had my first Cut N shut. Etc, Etc. However yah don't change perfection. Comprehende? :stern look

LOL. So for some 169 years plus we have predominately worn the strip that Wayne Carey above is seen winning Premierships in and you prefer some alternative that was created as a Collingwood rip off. What are your other preferences? Licking Hairy Arses? Might explain a bit. : stern look

Anyways as for me and change. Well I don't mind change for the better. Had no problem when we started playing on Friday nights. When we redeveloped Hardon St. When we gave Schimma the arse as coach. When I had my first Cut N shut. Etc, Etc. However yah don't change perfection. Comprehende? :stern look
its embarrassing ripping off Collingwood, who IIRC changed their jumper to deflect a push from port adelaide who wanted to use their traditional prison bar jumper with the rational it was mostly black and didn't infringe on pies traditional strip. Nekminnit, pies have mostly black jumper.
and in any case, its embarrassing ripping off collingwood for any reason

Always preferred the arses I choose to lick to be hairless, but each to their own.
You say you don't mind change for the better, and yet you're up in arms when we make our strip look better. Make up your mind!

Always preferred the arses I choose to lick to be hairless, but each to their own.
You say you don't mind change for the better, and yet you're up in arms when we make our strip look better. Make up your mind!
What part of our "Traditional Strip is Perfection" don't yah understand? So I'll give yah we have made "our strip look better". Turn it up! :stern look

A thread that has descended into whether the Royal Blue Stripes are wider than the white ones and vice versa. Are you friggin' kidding me??
Is the jumper different to the 'traditional' strip?....yes
Does it still look like a bloody ripper?.....yes
Move along, nothing to see here.

On a side note, I'm also a big fan of the new logo and the new merch. The premium cap and the media polo in particular look fantastic.

I'm just happy that this issue has given Zonds a chance to keep his eye in over the off-season.
Just wait until the women's team strip is announced. Traditional stripes on the jumper, but a map of Tasmania emblazoned on the shorts. I'm not sure if this is traditional or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wait until the women's team strip is announced. Traditional stripes on the jumper, but a map of Tasmania emblazoned on the shorts. I'm not sure if this is traditional or not.

It's certainly more traditional than trendy, given the barren maps abounding thesedays.

Depends how you look at it. Isn't Tassie "traditionally" associated with green and yellow/gold?

But then I guess the concern there would be that people might think they're sporting some kind of Brazilian strip.

Who cares what it looks like just as long as we win in it . They could be wearing a Heshan potato bag painted with blue and white vertical stripes , if we win in it it's always good . Not like that Argentina strip we had we always seemed to lose in it . :)

On Tassie and our logo the big DF recently asked me. "How u going with the new logo Z?" I responded with "There are a bunch of *******s who are running our club." Of which Onip chimed in with "I agree, there needed to be an apple on the new logo." :stern look

What part of our "Traditional Strip is Perfection" don't yah understand? So I'll give yah we have made "our strip look better". Turn it up! :stern look

I agree our traditional strip looks better than the clash (now home)

However considering the alternative of wearing away the change is an understandable decision.

Thanks for that the 69th version of Saintly. :stern look

My pleasure - I remembered my other favourite racehorse with Spring Carnival just passing :cool:

Point stands though, I'm sure your many aliases would agree. :stern look

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back