2nds Northern Blues 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Watson and Casboult could both fit in, it would mean we would have to push a tall further up the field at times which works ok at times but works poorly when no one is marking it. The only thing Keeping Casboult in the side is his rucking as his forward game and marking has been really poor for the last two months, but he's playing a role and is a little better than part time in the ruck. The question might be, could Watson pinch hit in the ruck? I don't know if he has this string to his bow. Levi has long arms and a leap, not sure if Watto does. Henderson, Casboult and Waite worked quite well, it opened things up, Casboult is not drawing extra attention away from Waite due to his poor form, we've seen that the last few weeks especially. Waite and Henderson are quite mobile, Watson not so much but his mobility has been quite good in the VFL, he's been able to gather ground balls and poor kicks and dish off handballs. I think we'd be crazy not to play Watson this week and see what he has learnt and what he can do.

I just checked. How did Cripps not get 3 votes or any votes for that game? He dragged the team across the line.

Umpire mustn't of known his name?
This is in line with my thinking. The umpires in the VFL don't know the players as well as their AFL counterparts as there is so much player turnover from week to week, with development players coming up & AFL players dropping down to the VFL, as well as the significant player turnover which happens from season to season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how Wilson won it. Was very ordinary in the games I attended. Of the Northern Blues listed players, I thought Cattapan had the best season.
A fantastic effort by Cripps to finish second after missing a number of games due to injury & playing 3 games in the seniors.

Cattapan had by far the better season from my viewing also.
He's capable of turning the ball over but his efforts through the year were a notch or two up on Wilsons.

Anthony had a couple of poor matches but generally held the back-line together with Watson playing forward.

Not sure how Cripps could have polled that well playing only 10 games and in effect 9, as he broke his leg in one of them.

Cattapan had by far the better season from my viewing also.
He's capable of turning the ball over but his efforts through the year were a notch or two up on Wilsons.

Anthony had a couple of poor matches but generally held the back-line together with Watson playing forward.

Not sure how Cripps could have polled that well playing only 10 games and in effect 9, as he broke his leg in one of them.
I think he got best on (max 15 votes) in the game he broke his leg too.

:thumbsu:

10568823_730518193685187_2636750351673419841_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back