2nds Northern Blues 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know his situation that well, but I believe that he has been given a training program for the off season, like the others at the club have and as far as I know he will be doing pre season with the VFL team. It's quite common at the club for guys not to be signed up until the latter stages of pre season.

I think he's in with a shot of being rookied somewhere, but Carlton may not rate him so that may be why they haven't spoken to him. No excuse really if the Northern Blues haven't spoken to him as I would have thought they would be keen to tie him down for next season.

I think it's important that Carlton and Northern encourage the pathway to the VFL/AFL by showing they will at least rookie or draft boys from Northern. I know we don't have "Academy" type ties to these players but we should treat it like a defacto Academy, this way we may attract better players to Northern and have a better, deeper and more competitive group of players so our younger players be better developed in rather than being "Lambs to the Slaughter".

Kye tested very well in the weekend and as I understand - Fremantle are extremely keen to Rookie him.

Would be a pity if we missed him.

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back