2nds Northern Blues 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd beware of being too scathing with these players. Consider the number of players who have been blooded in the seniors this season, and the number who have made it - 5 rising star noms. Plus others like Mac, Willo and Fish who, though not rising star nominees (yet), have nonetheless cemented a place in the senior structure. AND a couple of mature players in A. Silvagni and Dr Jones who have successfully secured senior berths.

Those guys who've been left behind in a reserve side that is now copping regular hidings would be feeling pretty crap by now. They've missed out on senior footy this season and the team they play in are playing like sh!t. Hard to get up from that.
What they need now is a good pre-season and mental re-boot but there's no way we can expect to see anything like their best at this stage.

Obviously, McKay and Pickett are still works in progress. It was acknowledged when we picked up Pickett that we should not expect much this season, with the amount of footy he missed due to injury. The fact that he has basically played injury free this season is a triumph. McKay as well, a tall player who missed his first season with injury. We'll need to wait another couple of seasons with him before we can really judge.

Having said all that, there's no doubt room for some culling. I will leave it to SOS to work out who has to go.

Laverde is sadly exactly the player we need - a mobile, versatile mid/forward who kicks goals. He isn't a star but would be a perfect fit for us

Dodoro played us like a harp in that draft. It was sad at the time, still leaves a bitter taste today.

Laverde is sadly exactly the player we need - a mobile, versatile mid/forward who kicks goals. He isn't a star but would be a perfect fit for us

Dodoro played us like a harp in that draft. It was sad at the time, still leaves a bitter taste today.
A lot of truth in this. But can only look forward.

Welcome the 2014 draft hindsight game, featuring:

Toby McLean (Boekhorst pick)

Touk Miller (DVR pick)

Jack Lonie (DVR pick)

Mitch McGovern (DVR pick)

Caleb Daniel (literally the pick we traded for Jones)

Oscar McDonald (DVR pick)

Jack Sinclair (instead of Clem Smith, Foster or Tutt)

and Adam Saad (as above)

Welcome the 2014 draft hindsight game, featuring:

Toby McLean (Boekhorst pick)

Touk Miller (DVR pick)

Jack Lonie (DVR pick)

Mitch McGovern (DVR pick)

Caleb Daniel (literally the pick we traded for Jones)

Oscar McDonald (DVR pick)

Jack Sinclair (instead of Clem Smith, Foster or Tutt)

and Adam Saad (as above)
Fair to say the Jones trade is getting close to break even & I'm confident Fisher will be at least as good a small midfielder as what Daniel is, we just had to wait an extra year to draft him.

Fair to say the Jones trade is getting close to break even & I'm confident Fisher will be at least as good a small midfielder as what Daniel is, we just had to wait an extra year to draft him.

That was an accident.

There is a "Jack Dyerism" along the lines of "if he kicked 6 goals he'd have to have 6 accidents".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess I wouldn't mind O'Shea at pick 38 in a shallow rookie draft. Simon White will be asked to retire, Alex promoted to the senior list.

Given Sam Rowe would likely be missing the first 8 rounds with a LTI, nothing ventured nothing gained by letting O'Shea do a preseason and press for an elevation.

I guess I wouldn't mind O'Shea at pick 38 in a shallow rookie draft. Simon White will be asked to retire, Alex promoted to the senior list.

Given Sam Rowe would likely be missing the first 8 rounds with a LTI, nothing ventured nothing gained by letting O'Shea do a preseason and press for an elevation.

I see White more likely to be retained than Rowe.

FB: O'Shea JGM Williamson
HB: Armfield Keppel Sheehan
C: Boekhorst Smedts Pickett
HF: Graham Jaksch Sumner
FF: Gallucci McKay Palmer

R: Gorringe Cuningham L.Russell

Int: Ballard, Declase, T.Jones, LeBois, Korcheck, Payne, S.Russell, Stavrou, Stachan, Wilson, Pearce, Stevens

23rd man: Ethan Penrith

Still no Polson, but Penrith gets a gig.

Updated Squad:-

DFPl_sjUwAE9vDG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back