2nds Northern Blues 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williamstown smashed us in the ruck 75 to 28 and people are considering jones in the ruck?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I just can't see Jones getting a run in the seniors anytime soon this year - has let too many people down too often and will most likely be delisted at year's end. Having said that however, he looks a much better player moving around the ground and imposing his big frame in physical contests, yes, even going up in the ruck - but he's not a full-time ruckman like Meese (one of the best in the VFL). Jones definitely played well, and maybe he can be of more benefit for the NBs in his new mobile role - he will never be a reliable stay-at-home forward though.

Last edited:
Does some smart things and then he will do something silly. Has the ability, maybe it is in his head.

Yeah, the talented enigmas that are BB and JK have shown good signs, but CONSISTENT INTENSITY is required of these two. I say get them both married off to demanding partners who will nag them out of their slumber - you're ballroom days are over fellas!

8 tackles from BB is a step in the right direction.

I have always hoped BB would come on and 8 tackles is a definite positive
The real concerning thing was his ball use - must admit i missed a but of the 3rd quarter but on a few occasions I did see him with very poor skills - I was hoping his ball use would be better

Id agree with this absolutely. Just doesn't look ready yet.

With Weiters up forward now I'd say Harry will probably get a few games this year to give Weiters a rest; still hold out hope that JK might just do something as well up forward this year.

Harry is very tall, athletic and promising, but he needs more strength and experience in the marking contest, as well as improved fitness. Give him a decent taste this year and a big pre-season and then he'll certainly be ready to go for a sustained run at in 2018 (he did miss a full year of footy after all).

Last edited:
I have always hoped BB would come on and 8 tackles is a definite positive
The real concerning thing was his ball use - must admit i missed a but of the 3rd quarter but on a few occasions I did see him with very poor skills - I was hoping his ball use would be better

Strange thought - but had a mental picture of Freddie Mercury singing "I want to break free..." when I watched BB on Saturday! Freddie Mercury and David Cassidy (Zac Fisher) playing for CFC - who would have thought?

Strange thought - but had a mental picture of Freddie Mercury singing "I want to break free..." when I watched BB on Saturday! Freddie Mercury and David Cassidy (Zac Fisher) playing for CFC - who would have thought?
BB not that talented.

Must admit I was pleasantly surprised with Kerr as I considered him quite a speculative pick by SOS. Not quite as one-dimensional as I was led to believe. The longer the game went the more and more he found ways to become involved. Better off the deck than I suspected. Works hard when he doesn't have the ball and the defensive pressure and tackling he applies is excellent. In this regard he's streets ahead of McKay & Jaksch. Presents up well at the ball carrier, but unfortunately, apart from Smedts & Graham, the mids weren't smart enough to lower their eyes and continued to bomb the ball into the F50 rather than use the options available to them. Understands his limitations and plays the percentages within his capabilities. Still a way off before demanding selection at AFL level, but there's much to like about Kerr.

Last edited:
BB not that talented.

Game day with CFC seniors is pretty crap AT THE MOMENT, at least from a W/L perspective, so I have taken to amusing myself otherwise in a rain-man sort of way!:D I just let the mind wander a bit for a while and imagined it was Freddie Mercury (you must admit, he does look a bit like BB) running around out there on Saturday with the NBs.

With the NBs looking so much better now I might even get along to a few of their games if I can to cheer myself up - start of a winning culture, and it might just catch on with the seniors in time!

Don't worry, will be back to normal next week watching us against the Swans - looking forward to seeing a young David Cassidy (Zac Fisher) out there again - he's got a lovely left boot has our David!:D

Last edited:
Must admit I pleasantly surprised with Kerr as I considered him quite a speculative pick by SOS. Not quite as one-dimensional as I was led to believe. The longer the game went the more and more he found ways to become involved. Better off the deck than I suspected. Works hard when he doesn't have the ball and the defensive pressure and tackling he applies is excellent. In this regard he's streets ahead of McKay & Jaksch. Presents up well to the ball carrier, but unfortunately, apart from Smedts & Graham, the mids weren't smart enough to lower their eyes and continued to bomb the ball into the F50 rather than use the options available to them. Understands his limitations and plays the percentages within his capabilities. Still a way off before demanding selection at AFL level, but there's much to like about Kerr.

Very well noticed! He was a goal-kicking machine as a St Kevin's College schoolboy. A very humble, well-spoken, respectful, likeable kid with a balanced outlook and a laconic sense of humour - good thing is he decided to become an AFL footballer (just had to be with CFC!). Could be a real fan fave in several years time you know and I reckon he'll likely get several senior games this year. As a possible senior player one day he'll be one of the ones that will be more likely to give a consistently good, workman-like performance.

Last edited:
Possible, but the named 'bests' are the same and in the same order.
Doesn't really matter. Just saying that the possession count didn't feel the way it was originally put forward.
I think you'll find the tweeted stats are a volunteer Blues fan, versus whoever plugs the numbers into SportsPulse.

Must admit I pleasantly surprised with Kerr as I considered him quite a speculative pick by SOS. Not quite as one-dimensional as I was led to believe. The longer the game went the more and more he found ways to become involved. Better off the deck than I suspected. Works hard when he doesn't have the ball and the defensive pressure and tackling he applies is excellent. In this regard he's streets ahead of McKay & Jaksch. Presents up well to the ball carrier, but unfortunately, apart from Smedts & Graham, the mids weren't smart enough to lower their eyes and continued to bomb the ball into the F50 rather than use the options available to them. Understands his limitations and plays the percentages within his capabilities. Still a way off before demanding selection at AFL level, but there's much to like about Kerr.
Oh he was definitely one-dimensional as a junior, but he's taken the critique on-board and is rounding out his game. Club of his dreams and a professional environment focused on youth empowerment are accelerating that, it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was terribly disappointed in Gallucci's game. Has been in reasonable form prior to this game, but just wasn't his day. We need some zip from a crumbing forward in the seniors, and unfortunately he missed his big chance to show his wares. I'll continue to monitor his progress, and IMO the jury is still out about whether he will make the bigtime.

Stats are collected live then reviewed later. Any discrepancy is likely the result of an amendment made in the review

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Forgive me, I forgot the VFL was a professional competition for a second there. :p

Very well noticed! He was a goal-kicking machine as a St Kevin's College schoolboy. A very humble, well-spoken, respectful, likeable kid with a balanced outlook and a laconic sense of humour - good thing is he decided to become an AFL footballer (just had to be with CFC!). Could be a real fan fave in several years time you know and I reckon he'll likely get several senior games this year. As a possible senior player one day he'll be one of the ones that will be more likely to give a consistently good, workman-like performance.
Can see him working well in tandem with sos

Harry started well with 3 goals, but I think from then on he was double teamed and was not as effective

Thats how they will stop him in the senior side as well. But you cant double team him and also LC. He should be brought in to start learning his forward craft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back