2nds Northern Blues 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xejw7sh.png

vvwNEBl.png

Something something Queen Mary. What exactly is the big difference between him and Troy Menzel?

Garlett needs to do something next year to earn another contract.
That's two weeks in a row he's put up numbers that had me wondering if he'd been injured.

It was always going to be a tough slog for him at this end of the year, but whatever's going on with our physical preparations and recovery would have had a decent toll on him as well.

Something something Queen Mary. What exactly is the big difference between him and Troy Menzel?

The big difference is Menzel was given a second chance and pissed it away, whereas Palmer has taken being cut on the chin and worked hard to give himself another chance.

Has had a good year and should be rewarded at the very least with an invitation to train with the group in the lead up to the drafts.

I care more about his performances and attitude than a supposed poor turning circle.

Why is him being similar to a classy player without application a bad thing, provided he has application to dig in and perform?

The big difference is Menzel was given a second chance and pissed it away, whereas Palmer has taken being cut on the chin and worked hard to give himself another chance.

Has had a good year and should be rewarded at the very least with an invitation to train with the group in the lead up to the drafts.

I care more about his performances and attitude than a supposed poor turning circle.
That's fair, but I think our current record for physical development should be considered alongside Troy's decision to have a synthetic graft.

While he can't do any worse than O'Shea in theory, I just don't see an AFL player unless the entire team plays around his inability to pressure if we turn the ball over.

Another AFL pre-season in him won't change that, but there's no harm in inviting him down I suppose.

I'm only guessing, but I'd rather see TDK and Levi split the duties.

With our VFL team, you only need to use your eyes to see who is vaguely worth drafting. Stavrou is not.

He might not s**t himself like O'Shea does with the football, but he is not a better player than O'Shea, who I would consider below the minimum expectation for AFL. Of the current Northern players, Penrith and Fisher are the clear standouts, followed by Wilson if he ever bothered to learn how to be a defender.

Last year's crowd that were riding Stavrou are now riding Palmer, which is ridiculous given how readily we shed ourselves of Menzel.
Its hard to use my eyes when the games are never televised and I'm on the other side of town so don't get down to games.
I guess he has gone backwards since being injured.

Its hard to use my eyes when the games are never televised and I'm on the other side of town so don't get down to games.
I guess he has gone backwards since being injured.
He hasn't really gone backwards, I just think he was being hyped by people who can't separate performing admirably in the VFL versus AFL requirements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back