2nds Northern Blues 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing result from a Northern Blues point of view, but very positive from a Carlton point of view.

Phillips ran himself into the ground in the ruck. Preuss may have got the better of him in the last quarter, but to an extent this was a result of Preuss spending much of the 3rd quarter on the bench. If Kreuzer doesn't come up next week, Phillips is ready to go.

Rowe was our best defender today. There will always be a bit of 'heart in the mouth' stuff with Rowe, but he is a good, old fashioned defender.

Great to see Le Bois starting to find a bit of consistency & getting among the goals. He is probably our only true goalsneak & we need his type in the seniors. I'm not sure he has done enough to get a call up, but he has come a long way so far this season.

Matt Shaw surprised me today. Last week he looked a long way off & the early part of today's game was similar. After quarter time he got to good positions & generally used the ball well. He was the player whose hands you wanted the ball to be in.

Kerr & McKay had some good periods respectively during the game. McKay was probably the better of the 2.

Polson worked his way into the game & hit the scoreboard. There is something there to work with, but you don't want him spending too much time in the midfield just yet as his body is not ready for this.

TDK is an 'almost' player. He's not quite plucking marks on a consistent basis, but is getting his hands on the ball. He seemed to use his body well in ruck contests, but didn't read the drop of the ball so well. There is a lot to work with though.

Kerridge was solid, without really impacting the game significantly. He got his hands on the ball quite a bit, but was under pressure most of the time. He did absorb a lot of the inside pressure, allowing our outside players to get a good run at it.

Macreadie was fairly good defensively, but did not provide much offensively. I would expect to see him spending most of this season in the VFL.

Lamb did what Lamb does. Got on the scoreboard, got under the skin of some & went missing at times. Despite kicking 3 goals, I'm not sure if he will be straight back into the seniors.

Schumacher is a project at this stage. We know he can kick the ball nicely, but he seems to be going about things in a laconic way. I would like to see a bit more intensity from him & he certainly needs to improve his decision making.

I've already commented on JGM during the game. Suffice to say I can't see him being on our list beyond the end of the season.

I must say, as I have on a number of occasions over the last 2-3 years, I really don't think our alignment with the Northern Blues is doing our players any favors. There are generally 2 or 3 NB players who hold their own & the rest are just woeful at this level. In the last quarter there was a couple of occasions when NB players had the ball just on F50 & instead of kicking to the hot spot, took options that were very low percentage & ultimately resulted in the ball being turned over. Not good enough.

Nah Williamson is injured a few more weeks. That was Schumacher I think. Similar sort of player but not as good a runner it seems.

He was real good. The ranga Mason Blakey was also very honest.

Phillips should be promoted next week.

Soapy V why is no one listening then......i reckon send smoke signals towards ikon park.....then and maybe then they will get it....lol

They know. He hasn't earned it yet but he's getting close. Tough year last year but a big pre season and now settled and the resulst will come. Kid has rare talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep your chin up. Was 31 in your VFL side Tom Williams? I'd be giving him a call up.

I liked your ruckman also.

Nah Williamson is injured a few more weeks. That was Schumacher I think. Similar sort of player but not as good a runner it seems.

31 was lamb

Phillips was a clear standout for mine - he was an animal around the ground for the first 3 quarters. It’s such a pity that his position means he will not get an automatic call up (in fact, this is the only position in our team where that is the case!). Still, it is great to see he is ready to step up if Kruze needs a rest / succumbs to injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back