2nds Northern Blues 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Today has taught me:

- Schumacher has finally twigged on the intensity level required to play AFL football, but he's not good enough to execute it consistently, so he should not get another contract

- Polson is starting to twig once again, but he needs to find better ways to conserve his energy and manage his mindset in games

- Macreadie is on a thin ice for similar reasons to the other two, but he's had a fair slog of it over the last 2 years with setbacks

- Fasolo is done, but at least he's learnt a lot about himself in his time at the club

- Stocker's acceleration is just starting to show itself at this level

- Fisher has been more impressive with time on these faster tracks, but faded badly as the game wore on

- Kennedy looks like he's running in glue, and it's a huge problem given he cannot outbody most of his AFL-grade opponents at stoppages, as shown today... a contested mid should not be having a 20 kick match because they've probably got an arm on them for more than half of them

- Dow is handling his form slump manfully, and will hopefully use the off-season and pre-season to reset himself a bit after a season that tactically put him through the ringer

- Cottrell is taking advantage of everyone's fitness levels tailing at this point of the season, but Fraser Turner is just a much more exciting footballer to me, and was within our grasp

- De Koning is an elite junior CHF we're trying to transform into a ruckman, and it's horrible to watch

- Owies, Finbar and BSOS are trying to finish off the season strongly, and it's nice to see

- Phillips and Lobbe don't drop their heads readily, but they are surely done

- Hill, Stavrou and Strachan need to go, our VFL contingent just lacks so much professionalism in retaining and supporting such players
The number 1 thing you forgot is Frasher can't coach we play to much like our senior side did under bolts

To be honest I kind of think the Preston Bullants have pretty much created an arm of their club to continue in amateur league anyway so the club will continue on I believe as a football club.

Sad as it may be to see the demise of the Bullants in the VFL/VFA I think I recall Andy Maher saying last year on the footy show that officially the Preston Bullants arm of the club had something like 34 members.

It's time to put the VFA out of its misery.

Sad as it may be to see the demise of the Bullants in the VFL/VFA I think I recall Andy Maher saying last year on the footy show that officially the Preston Bullants arm of the club had something like 34 members.

It's time to put the VFA out of its misery.

Yep, I have considered the VFA has been dead for some time. All I hope is the clubs like Port Melbourne, Williamstown and Sandringham live on essentially as the clubs that are a legacy of what that once was.

Preston Bullants have representation in the VAFA so it is better than nothing.

1553493_1_S.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back