Other Teams
"Goddess"

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The loss of Fisher will leave a hole, Anderson, not so much. It will be interesting to see who the NB manage to sign in the coming months. I suspect they have some players in mind hence not re-signing Fisher or Anderson.
I think both players realize that they are not getting on the Carlton list and are leaving for better opportunity. I struggled to see what all the hype about Anderson was about and Fisher was much better in 2018 and wasn't great in 2019.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
What the fu** is going on with the Northern Blues? S.Fisher and Anderson both gone, Fraser still in the big seat. Good luck to Philp & co developing with that rabble.
Very disappointing. The issue we have with the AFL affiliated VFL clubs is that the preference must be given to the AFL listed players. I heard an interview with Fraser on SEN last year who detailed the challenges of team selection, and how a player may be in the best one week, and find himself out of the side the next if there are Carlton players returning from injury etc. They are the terms that non AFL players are faced with, and are forced to play with their affiliated non VFL side.

I can only assume that both Fish and Frank have been informed that with the influx of mids we've just drafted, they can't be assured of a regular game, depending on injuries etc to the Carlton listed players. The only reason players such as them are playing VFL is because it's a pathway to potentially be given a lifeline at AFL level. I just read on NB's twitter that Paul Barbazza posted 'both have gone to Swan Districts'....interesting, but would make sense for their career progression if that was the case, and would probably command more $$ along the way.

Having such a young list at Carlton, we could potentially have a NB's side with almost half the team still in their teens, or just out of them. Not a great sign for a successful VFL team in 2020.

El Topo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2013
the wilderness
AFL Club
Carlton
Very disappointing. The issue we have with the AFL affiliated VFL clubs is that the preference must be given to the AFL listed players. I heard an interview with Fraser on SEN last year who detailed the challenges of team selection, and how a player may be in the best one week, and find himself out of the side the next if there are Carlton players returning from injury etc. They are the terms that non AFL players are faced with, and are forced to play with their affiliated non VFL side.

I can only assume that both Fish and Frank have been informed that with the influx of mids we've just drafted, they can't be assured of a regular game, depending on injuries etc to the Carlton listed players. The only reason players such as them are playing VFL is because it's a pathway to potentially be given a lifeline at AFL level. I just read on NB's twitter that Paul Barbazza posted 'both have gone to Swan Districts'....interesting, but would make sense for their career progression if that was the case, and would probably command more $$ along the way.

Having such a young list at Carlton, we could potentially have a NB's side with almost half the team still in their teens, or just out of them. Not a great sign for a successful VFL team in 2020.

Every successful AFL team is preceded by a successful reserves side. It's depressing to see that we're absolutely miles off in this regard.

gotheJUDD

All Australian
Aug 26, 2012
IKON Park
AFL Club
Carlton

THE Northern Blues have made their first move of the off-season, securing the signature of Jordan Cunico.

A former Geelong midfielder with five years of experience in the AFL system, Cunico is a key addition to Northern’s midfield stocks for the upcoming 2020 season.

Having waited for his chance in his opening three seasons, Cunico showed what he was truly capable of in 2018.

Playing in the midfield alongside the likes of Ablett, Dangerfield and Selwood, Cunico played 14 games in a star-studded Geelong line-up.

Jesse Palmer has signed with Collingwood's VFL team.

We're really turning over those who were thought a chance to make it.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Jesse Palmer has signed with Collingwood's VFL team.

We're really turning over those who were thought a chance to make it.
Wow, they also signed up Sam Fowler - local Dromana boy who played in this year's premiership side.

He had a year with the NB's, and is too good for local footy. Small forward, quick as lightning, with the footy smarts....nicknamed 'The Rat'.

Good pickup. Winning MVP shows that this kid has the determination to get the best out of himself, regardless that the NEAFL is a 'lower' standard than the VFL.

VFL is a much higher standard than the NEAFL, will be interesting to see how he goes against stronger opposition.

Back