2nds Northern Blues Pre-Season Thread (next match 21/3 @ 4PM, 10/3 highlights now in OP)

The Bighouse

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
If I was in charge I'd get him training now under Russell. Needs at least 4 weeks training. Would step straight in as he has great skills but also poise.
Well, Friday is D-Day for the SPP if we’re going to strike.
👍 on the updates / report. Very effective 23rd man role played today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Just putting a critical focus on Jack. His game today was awesome.

Looking at him becoming a Senior Midfielder I reckon he really needs to clean up his disposal by foot. Makes a lot of mistakes and blazes away. By hand he is very effective. I thought his creative play by hand was first class.

If he can keep up that intensity he showed today with his contested ball and tackling he can make it

AFL Club
Carlton
Just putting a critical focus on Jack. His game today was awesome.

Looking at him becoming a Senior Midfielder I reckon he really needs to clean up his disposal by foot. Makes a lot of mistakes and blazes away. By hand he is very effective. I thought his creative play by hand was first class.

If he can keep up that intensity he showed today with his contested ball and tackling he can make it
Its a hard one. So many want to write him off.
He comes as a forward...cant quite get there as a 19-20 yr old in a team that have been hopelessly unfair on forwards with the kicking into there.
Turns out what he needs most is work...some leather poisoning..he has grown in size and strength...always had class.
Just hope they are patient enough because he could be awesome with time

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Its a hard one. So many want to write him off.
He comes as a forward...cant quite get there as a 19-20 yr old in a team that have been hopelessly unfair on forwards with the kicking into there.
Turns out what he needs most is work...some leather poisoning..he has grown in size and strength...always had class.
Just hope they are patient enough because he could be awesome with time
I think he is more Serge than SOS. BSOS is more his Dad

AFL Club
Carlton
Well, Friday is D-Day for the SPP if we’re going to strike.
👍 on the updates / report. Very effective 23rd man role played today.
Yeah, come on SOS, Fisher Friday!!!!
I've heard SOS loves reading all of this stuff on BF, so I think we've created enough groundswell for us to grab him before the cutoff....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thylacine60

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Insert Token EPL Club
How the rookie-list replacements will work

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-04/afl-brings-in-midseason-rookie-draft-for-2019-

Pre-season list changes (Dec 1, 2018 to Mar 15, 2019)
  • Clubs that have a rookie list spot available can now utilise it by signing a player during this period.
  • To be eligible, players must have previously nominated for the NAB AFL National Draft or previously been on the list of an AFL club.
  • If a club suffers an injury or retirement, a list spot can be created by placing a player on an inactive list, and they can now be replaced by a rookie player.
  • Clubs must have the available salary cap for that player as per the current AFL rules

AFL Club
Carlton
I'd be very happy to sign him now. Just think with our improving injury list we may wait. With the mid year draft would we get first pick being last last year?
Great question Soapy....I was asking the same thing when GCS and ourselves had access to the state league players before the trade period. Who gets preference to which players?
I did hear Terry Wallace on Gues SEN sometime before xmas saying that there is an unwritten rule that if an AFL club wants to draft a player in their 'reserves', other clubs give them first preference.
Don't know if it's true or bullshizen though....

Eiffel 65

All Australian
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd be very happy to sign him now. Just think with our improving injury list we may wait. With the mid year draft would we get first pick being last last year?

Fisher only just turned 21. Huge upside
"Should AFL clubs have a list spot available or one is created through a player being placed on the inactive list, they will be able to add a player to their rookie list and select players based on reverse ladder order at a mid-season date to be specified."

I interpret that as the draft order is based on the current ladder at a specified date in the 2019 season and is not based on the prior season.

So if say Fremantle are 18th on the date of the mid-season draft, they get pick 1.

Coona Blues

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton

Fisher only just turned 21. Huge upside
The rules for the proposed mid season draft are another AFL work in progress, rules on the run. Some suggestion will be on live ladder.

Last edited:

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Should AFL clubs have a list spot available or one is created through a player being placed on the inactive list, they will be able to add a player to their rookie list and select players based on reverse ladder order at a mid-season date to be specified.

I interpret that as the draft order is based on the current ladder at a specified date in the 2019 season and is not based on the prior season.

So if say Fremantle are 18th on the date of the mid-season draft, they get pick 1.
Okay then. Sign him now

murphster

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
Okay then. Sign him now
It’s a no brainer for mine the kid will be a gun and can play straight away as a forward or mid or even half back, why wait and risk him really exploding in the VFL and someone else gets first crack in mid season draft. Should already be on our list imo.

Top Bottom