2nds Northern Blues 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

What are peoples thoughts on the 2019 Northern Blues membership prices?

Adult membership is up 75% from $40 to $70. Family membership is up 100% from $60 to $120.

https://membership.carltonfc.com.au/northern-blues

Due to curtain-raisers your N. Blues membership only covers 7 games this season too (only covers PCO and Ikon games): vs Werribee, North*, Frankston, Coburg, Cats, Willy and Sandy.

*This game also clashes with Carlton vs North in the AFL.

I reckon VFL fans have been slugged here.
A quick look around suggests this is the standard price for a VFL club membership, but I think we barely cracked triple digits last year. If admission to Ikon games is still packaged into CFC membership packages, this means very little to Northern's revenue.

Better question to ask is if there is going to be improved live streaming services this season.

A quick look around suggests this is the standard price for a VFL club membership, but I think we barely cracked triple digits last year. If admission to Ikon games is still packaged into CFC membership packages, this means very little to Northern's revenue.

Better question to ask is if there is going to be improved live streaming services this season.

That would appear to be a completely different question, rather than a better one.

For those of us who prefer going to VFL games than streaming them, there’s no value proposition in a Northern membership this season. You can pay $10 in each week, or $70 for what’s now a 7-game membership (6 games if you discount the North clash fixture).

You’re right though to be fair, it is broadly in line with prices of other clubs now ($70 is the joint-highest adult membership in the league), but we get fewer included games than anyone else this year, and other clubs also throw in things a free drink each game like Sandy, or an AFL game, like North ($50 membership). Port Melbourne have 10 home games at $70. Collingwood VFL fans can rock up to OPO or VP and never pay a cent.

It’s been great value for the last few years, albiet while languishing around the bottom of the ladder - but in 2019 it’s now the worst deal (games per $) in the VFL. I can’t be the only one who’ll just play it by ear whether I attend each game now, rather than buy a membership. Which all seems a bit counter-intuitive to the fundamental proposition of a membership in the first place.

Last edited:

That would appear to be a completely different question, rather than a better one.

For those of us who prefer going to VFL games than streaming them, there’s no value proposition in a Northern membership this season. You can pay $10 in each week, or $70 for what’s now a 7-game membership (6 games if you discount the North clash fixture).

You’re right though to be fair, it is broadly in line with prices of other clubs now ($70 is the joint-highest adult membership in the league), but we get fewer included games than anyone else this year, and other clubs also throw in things a free drink each game like Sandy, or an AFL game, like North ($50 membership). Port Melbourne have 10 home games at $70. Collingwood VFL fans can rock up to OPO or VP and never pay a cent.

It’s been great value for the last few years, albiet while languishing around the bottom of the ladder - but in 2019 it’s now the worst deal (games per $) in the VFL. I can’t be the only one who’ll just play it by ear whether I attend each game now, rather than buy a membership. Which all seems a bit counter-intuitive to the fundamental proposition of a membership in the first place.
Agree with your sentiment on the membership value proposition, but if you're a Carlton member, the only thing you're missing out on by not having one (or an upgrade, if they still offer them) is free access to 4 games at Preston.

PLEASE CHECK THIS POST FOR ANY LIVE STREAM INFO

Just putting this here as an on-going discussion (matchday and otherwise) for Northern until their pre-season match series finishes at the end of this month.

Schedule is as follows:

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=6931

Pre-season schedule

Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne
Thursday, February 28 — 4pm
Ikon Park

Curtain raiser to Carlton-Essendon JLT game

Here's the highlights from the Port Melbourne game:

And here's the full game:

Squad sheet, missing O'Brien (4), Casboult (15), Kennedy (20), TDK (19) & Goddard (27)

Collingwood vs. Northern Blues
Sunday, March 10 — 2pm
Olympic Park Oval

Free entry
Highlights:

Individual Fasolo & Silvagni highlights:

Squad sheet, missing Costanzo (37), Casboult (15) & Fasolo (31)

Richmond vs. Northern Blues
Thursday, March 21 — 4pm
Punt Road Oval

Free entry
Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H85EZ1ZrYJE

Squad sheet

North Melbourne vs. Northern Blues
Saturday, March 30 — 12pm
Ikon Park, Carlton

Free entry
Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5meP5ShnF6w

Closed Intraclub
Saturday, April 6
Ikon Park, Carlton

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-04-05/kreuzer-edges-closer-to-return

CARLTON ruckman Matthew Kreuzer will take his first steps towards an AFL return on Saturday when he plays in a VFL intra club match at Ikon Park.

Please don't expect live coverage of games beyond twitter updates, and subscribe to the YouTube channel for highlights packages.

Last edited:
I’m there. Expect biased reports with lots of positives. Sorry if I offend some people

Great chance to see likes of TDK Stocker O'Brien Kennedy Schumacher BSOS Goddard Kerr Cottrell O'Dwyer Owies LeBois and maybe a few others

I expect us to go with a 4 or 5 man bench on Monday so a few players will get a full run in this game

Last edited:
Thanks Jimmae. Looking forward to watching you lose your s**t everytime someone asks how to watch games throughout the season. I'll be here to make sure you don't miss any of the requests.
I just scroll past them now, and chuck a like to the poor bastard wiping their arse for them.

I guess the likely VFl side means this is the likely round 1 afl team:

Simmo Jones Newman
Thomas Weiters Garlett
Walsh Dow Murph
Setters CC Cunners
Gibbons McKay McGovern
Phillips Crippa Dow

Plowman JSOS SPS Fish

How's the likely Round One VFL side which is 4 weeks away?

Blakey Goddard BSOS
Stocker Macreadie Marchbank

Lobbe Lang Fisher
Polson Kennedy O'Brien

Palmer Casboult Fasolo
Wilson Kerr TDK

Int: Schumacher Finbar LeBois O'Rourke Collins Cottrell

Not bad :cool:

and that's with Docherty Pickett & Williamson injured

Last edited:

Blakey Goddard BSOS

Lobbe Lang Fisher
Polson Kennedy O'Brien

Lang Casboult Fasolo
Wilson Kerr TDK

Int: Schumacher Finbar LeBois O'Rourke Collins Palmer Cottrell

A strong NB = a strong AFL side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blakey Goddard BSOS

Lobbe Lang Fisher
Polson Kennedy O'Brien

Lang Casboult Fasolo
Wilson Kerr TDK

No room for Phillips or Owies? :cool:

Blakey Goddard BSOS

Lobbe Lang Fisher
Polson Kennedy O'Brien

Lang Casboult Fasolo
Wilson Kerr TDK

Lang playing two positions? That would be good for his fitness. You could pop Palmer or Finbar on the half forward flank instead of Lang#2.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

NBSquadvCollingwoodUpd-copy.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back