2nds Northern Blues 2019

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks for the reports all much appreciated. I wondered why the game was so low scoring as I went into the basketball with my son at quarter time and saw there were 2 goals each on the board. Came out to blazing sunshine and thought it must have been very defensive.
Think I would have preferred to watch the football, all the razzmatazz and showboating of basketball does my head in

and loud. You could hear it clearly at the football

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Just putting a critical focus on Jack. His game today was awesome.

Looking at him becoming a Senior Midfielder I reckon he really needs to clean up his disposal by foot. Makes a lot of mistakes and blazes away. By hand he is very effective. I thought his creative play by hand was first class.

If he can keep up that intensity he showed today with his contested ball and tackling he can make it

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Just putting a critical focus on Jack. His game today was awesome.

Looking at him becoming a Senior Midfielder I reckon he really needs to clean up his disposal by foot. Makes a lot of mistakes and blazes away. By hand he is very effective. I thought his creative play by hand was first class.

If he can keep up that intensity he showed today with his contested ball and tackling he can make it
Its a hard one. So many want to write him off.
He comes as a forward...cant quite get there as a 19-20 yr old in a team that have been hopelessly unfair on forwards with the kicking into there.
Turns out what he needs most is work...some leather poisoning..he has grown in size and strength...always had class.
Just hope they are patient enough because he could be awesome with time

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Its a hard one. So many want to write him off.
He comes as a forward...cant quite get there as a 19-20 yr old in a team that have been hopelessly unfair on forwards with the kicking into there.
Turns out what he needs most is work...some leather poisoning..he has grown in size and strength...always had class.
Just hope they are patient enough because he could be awesome with time

I think he is more Serge than SOS. BSOS is more his Dad

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Well, Friday is D-Day for the SPP if we’re going to strike.
👍 on the updates / report. Very effective 23rd man role played today.
Yeah, come on SOS, Fisher Friday!!!!
I've heard SOS loves reading all of this stuff on BF, so I think we've created enough groundswell for us to grab him before the cutoff....

How the rookie-list replacements will work

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-04/afl-brings-in-midseason-rookie-draft-for-2019-

Pre-season list changes (Dec 1, 2018 to Mar 15, 2019)
  • Clubs that have a rookie list spot available can now utilise it by signing a player during this period.
  • To be eligible, players must have previously nominated for the NAB AFL National Draft or previously been on the list of an AFL club.
  • If a club suffers an injury or retirement, a list spot can be created by placing a player on an inactive list, and they can now be replaced by a rookie player.
  • Clubs must have the available salary cap for that player as per the current AFL rules

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Rookie listed by the Swans...was a Giants Academy player. There were 9 of them back in 2016.....we've already picked up Will Setterfield and Harry Macreadie from the group...Sam Fisher would be the third.

1552216182641.png

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
We may want to keep a list spot open for the mid season draft.

We may want to monitor the progress of a couple of players from the 2018 draft that weren't taken.

We could also have our eye on someone from the WAFL/SANFL/NEAFL but want a greater body of work before drafting them.

Back