Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Watched JLT1 game against * again yesterday to warm up for today. JSOS really caught my eye in that game for having heaps of important touches and tackles and 1%ers in alot of our scoring plays. Stats from the game would suggest he was ordinary with D7 T4 G1 but I thought he was much more influential than that. I'm backing him in for Rd 1 and can't wait until he is racking up those VFL numbers in the main game.
Thats what I been saying for ages..welcome aboard......;)

JSilvagni gets dropped after being mostly influential as a mid in the senior practice matches and apparently plays well in a NB's practice match.....
OK, he has had a good pre-season but if he had played to par, we'd be talking about the game he'd be playing in today and not the one yesterday.

I thought it a good idea last year to trial Jack as a mid but after having watched him a bit, I've changed my mind.
Maybe do so when playing NB's but doesn't seem to me he can make for a senior-spot midfielder.
Even on a small sample, the difference between Setterfield and JSilvagni is chalk and cheese. He's just not quick enough to move the ball on. He's smart but he's just not that quick of foot nor mind.

Now Thylacine is running the show..I have just this to say

Free tickets to your pals here pretty please.......don't forget us who made you what you are......
ah, thanks - what exactly am I again?

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Mover and shaker ..or is that Quaker?
1552260587511.png
Half time coaches address was never more dramatic albeit silent

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
JSilvagni gets dropped after being mostly influential as a mid in the senior practice matches and apparently plays well in a NB's practice match.....
OK, he has had a good pre-season but if he had played to par, we'd be talking about the game he'd be playing in today and not the one yesterday.

I thought it a good idea last year to trial Jack as a mid but after having watched him a bit, I've changed my mind.
Maybe do so when playing NB's but doesn't seem to me he can make for a senior-spot midfielder.
Even on a small sample, the difference between Setterfield and JSilvagni is chalk and cheese. He's just not quick enough to move the ball on. He's smart but he's just not that quick of foot nor mind.

Comparing him to Setters is harsh Harker. Not many that good. Jack will be Jack. If you want a big body in there to help/relieve Cripps or Kennedy then Jack is the man. In a 22 man squad I see him as valuable. Can go into middle, back or forward. May not be BOG every week but will do his job. I reckon we need those types.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
mk needs to play.......

Yep but I don't want to see 2 rucks in our side. IMO doesn't work. The positive about Phillips being fit is we can manage Kruezer and get the best out of him. If his knee takes 8-12 weeks to fully recover and we can build him up through the 2's then I'm all for it. No rushing him straight back in. I would much rather a 15 game season at 100% than 22 games at 75% from MK. It's why the fitness of Phillips or Lobbe is vital

JMO

Competition and Dep.....................................nup. Can't say it
he plays best as a lone gun 200cm utility follower - it's his plus and his minus for mine.......

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Come round one the Northern Blues will add Stocker Kennedy Marchbank Lang Kerr Cottrell LeBois Macreadie BSOS maybe Phillips or Kruezer then Collins Wilson & O'Rourke. That's a very good VFL side

Going to be a good year and well worth watching
Gibbo may even be in and out of the NB's as well during the year, depending on the make up and structure of the senior team, and his form throughout the year.
He's a 'handy' mid, along with those that you've mentioned right across the ground. Will be a strong unit this year, depending on injuries to AFL listed players.

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
Comparing him to Setters is harsh Harker. Not many that good. Jack will be Jack. If you want a big body in there to help/relieve Cripps or Kennedy then Jack is the man. In a 22 man squad I see him as valuable. Can go into middle, back or forward. May not be BOG every week but will do his job. I reckon we need those types.
Based on current form you would have JSOS ahead of Kennedy as a crash an bash inside mid, Kennedy needs to get his shoulder better and then prove he deserves the spot ahead of Jack imo.

Blues_fest

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Incredible footy iq. Can play anywhere. Could be the difference on the bench in a big match if a key player goes down.. persist !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Based on current form you would have JSOS ahead of Kennedy as a crash an bash inside mid, Kennedy needs to get his shoulder better and then prove he deserves the spot ahead of Jack imo.

Fit and ready I have Kennedy way ahead and that’s not a criticism of Jack. Jack really impressed me yesterday but it was ONE game and a VFL practice game as well.

We also need to remember BOTH are very young

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
kennedy as a battering ram before jack but he's not exactly adrian hickmott himself.......

Nobody is Adrian Hickmott. I did like Jack's brief work in mid last week. Think I remember him kicking a goal up forward but then to centre bounce he basically forced the ball forward and Lobbe got a goal seconds later. Never saw Serg play but guess he was a player that used his body well in midfield. Jack can do same over time but still think more a forward and stints in midfield the go.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Nobody is Adrian Hickmott. I did like Jack's brief work in mid last week. Think I remember him kicking a goal up forward but then to centre bounce he basically forced the ball forward and Lobbe got a goal seconds later. Never saw Serg play but guess he was a player that used his body well in midfield. Jack can do same over time but still think more a forward and stints in midfield the go.

Serge was just tough and worked his backside off every minute. Not the most graceful but you would have him in your side every week.

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Plenty of talk about us potentially listing Fisher which might be a good thing but perhaps there are other players out there we are interested in as well. Jon O'Rourke playing for Northern a former pick 2, SOS must have rated him once, perhaps he wants one more look.

I thought Silvagni was decent against Essendon in the JLT particularly defensively, he just didn't find enough of the footy so good that he went well.

Fasolo I thought would have played AFL and would be a round one chance. Glad he went well. I think he should play round one.

GoBlues!

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Probably better for Jack’s development that he gets a full game yesterday, than a stint on the bench in today’s game like Stocker and Kerr.

Back