Yubby

All Australian
Dec 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Anyone know if there is a Northern Blues game next week? Would be good if there is one next Saturday so a few of the lads can get some extra game minutes into them before round 1 ... eg. McGovern, Fasolo, Kreuzer, Kennedy all getting some extra minutes in.

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Anyone know if there is a Northern Blues game next week? Would be good if there is one next Saturday so a few of the lads can get some extra game minutes into them before round 1 ... eg. McGovern, Fasolo, Kreuzer, Kennedy all getting some extra minutes in.

Richmond vs. Northern Blues
Thursday 21 March — 4pm
Punt Road Oval
Free entry

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

There was talk we will have one Saturday morning but haven’t had it confirmed

Big Red is back

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2006
Visy park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Fit and ready I have Kennedy way ahead and that’s not a criticism of Jack. Jack really impressed me yesterday but it was ONE game and a VFL practice game as well.

We also need to remember BOTH are very young

How so I havent seen Kennedy play a good game, and he is slower and less versitle.

Hi guys- as part of the WA Blues we are soon starting a weekly radio show on Perth's 91.3 Sport FM (poor man's SEN). One of the things I would like to include would be an update on what is happening with the Northern Blues. If you don't mind I look forward to using your content to assist with this (unless anybody has a suggestion on a better source of info)

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
McCabe looking pretty solid there.

Disappointing that Jack appears to be doing a tagging job at some key stoppages, as he was probably the most natural contested ball winner in the mix for us.

Is that the guy in #22?

If so, I've liked him for a while, would've given him a list spot instead of LeBois.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Is that the guy in #22?

If so, I've liked him for a while, would've given him a list spot instead of LeBois.
My biggest concern is his positional play and kicking skills, but both look like they're improving. Seems to be set up behind the ball to counterattack with his run, but I'm not sure that's his AFL position.

Would be good off HF/wing for us if he can continue to improve. If the club had this information two months ago, I would have signed him ahead of Cottrell personally (but I would have been far more high risk with that list spot).

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
How so I havent seen Kennedy play a good game, and he is slower and less versitle.
I actually agree with Soap in an overall sense Kennedy is a better mid at the moment but based on fitness and current form Jack is.

Honestly I just wish all the players where like Cripps who goes away over the preseason and fixes a weakness in his game and this is why he just keeps getting better, both Jack and Kennedy need to work on there speed like Cripps went away and did.
This year and last he improved his marking and forward craft and then his goal kicking, that is a professional that is always looking to be the best he can be. What a great Captain we have, he is a sterling example to all players on the list from youngest to oldest, we are indeed blessed.

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
Could have almost doubled up as a Sam Fisher highlight package as well...that 50m pass to Fas at the end of the clip was all class
Scary part is he does this all the time as well as banging them through himself from 50 he has a great left leg on him, need him signed by end of SSP imo.

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Northern have some pretty good players on their list, I think if everyone is fit there's a good chance some Carlton players will miss out. If this is the case then where do they play?

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Northern Blues could be something like this come VFL round 1.

B: Macreadie Goddard Stocker
HB: Williamson Marchbank Schumacher
C: O'Brien Wilson Fisher
HF: O'Rourke Dekoning Palmer
F: Polson Casboult Kerr
OB: Phillips Silvagni Kennedy
IC: ???

Others:
Silvagni Lobbe O'Dwyer LeBois Owies Lang Cotterill + Northern's better players

Could have a fairly strong side this year baring injuries of course .

I just can't help but think we would have to be interesting in listing Fisher he's going well and I wonder whether he has potential as an attacking half back if there is a hole there? O'Rourke is the other we must be having a look at. You just don't have a guy running around in your reserves who your head recruiter picked at pick 2 at only 24 years old who was so highly rated in his draft year without having any intentions of recruiting him.

Would love to see that side roll out in the VFL, especially that backline.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Northern Blues could be something like this come VFL round 1.

B: Macreadie Goddard Stocker
HB: Williamson Marchbank Schumacher
C: O'Brien Wilson Fisher
HF: O'Rourke Dekoning Palmer
F: Polson Casboult Kerr
OB: Phillips Silvagni Kennedy
IC: ???

Others:
Silvagni Lobbe O'Dwyer LeBois Owies Lang Cotterill + Northern's better players

Could have a fairly strong side this year baring injuries of course .

I just can't help but think we would have to be interesting in listing Fisher he's going well and I wonder whether he has potential as an attacking half back if there is a hole there? O'Rourke is the other we must be having a look at. You just don't have a guy running around in your reserves who your head recruiter picked at pick 2 at only 24 years old who was so highly rated in his draft year without having any intentions of recruiting him.

Would love to see that side roll out in the VFL, especially that backline.
Yeah, it's a pretty strong line up....at our best, Willo and Marchy should be in the seniors, but still have Kieran Collins and Mason Blakey at the NB's.

Gibbo may also spend time in the side, and we can't forget about players like Josh Hill and Ethan Penrith, who I believe is still in Carlton's Next Generation Academy.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Northern have some pretty good players on their list, I think if everyone is fit there's a good chance some Carlton players will miss out. If this is the case then where do they play?
Bamboo has covered the prioritisation that now occurs for the listed players, but the other aspect at play here is that clubs will reset youngsters pretty regularly, and between that an the usual injury rates, allows for about half a dozen VFL players to come in.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Bamboo has covered the prioritisation that now occurs for the listed players, but the other aspect at play here is that clubs will reset youngsters pretty regularly, and between that an the usual injury rates, allows for about half a dozen VFL players to come in.
In addition we generally keep one of our named emergencies out of the VFL & for interstate trips, sometimes two.

Back