List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy/Northern Knights

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe the zones are also used for recruiting/drafting for women's league which will have some benefits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the zones are also used for recruiting/drafting for women's league which will have some benefits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, but under the exact same principles (i.e. first generation/non-English speaking/aboriginal backgrounds).

Was mentioned in another thread, so I might as well drop it here for posterity:

A few posters have confirmed Ethan Penrith will be one of our academy nominations this year. You can view him in the U17 All Star game from last year, wearing #5 for Team O'Loughlin (the white jumpers).

Ethan penrith officialy listed as a next generation academy prospect for us.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-09/hawks-primed-to-land-next-generation-academy-forward

2017 prospects for all clubs:

CARLTON - Ethan Penrith, Reservoir; Artan Cabdi, Heidelberg Heights
ESSENDON - Daniel Hanna (yes, Mil's nephew), East Keilor
GEELONG - Titan Nyak, Corio
HAWTHORN - Tony Olango, Marrara; Changkuoth Jiath, Morwell; Bol Jok, Pakenham; Tyrone Hayes, Lakes Entrance
RICHMOND - Derek Smith, Mildura; David Smith, Shepparton; Anthony Walker, Kialla

I'm guessing there'll be more to come.

A few posters have confirmed Ethan Penrith will be one of our academy nominations this year. You can view him in the U17 All Star game from last year, wearing #5 for Team O'Loughlin (the white jumpers).

Some of the draft watchers have him in their top 40.

NEXT GENERATION ACADEMY – ELIGIBLE PLAYERS

CARLTON
Ethan Penrith (2017 draft eligible), Reservoir (club), Indigenous (background)
Artan Cabdi (2017), Heidelberg Heights, Multicultural
Nick Riebelt (2018), Eltham, Multicultural
Sunny Brazier (2018), North Fitzroy, Multicultural
Mitchell Wild (2018), South Morang, Indigenous
Michael Bozikis (2019), Fairfield, Multicultural
Paul Sidhu (2019), Mernda, Multicultural
Tochukwu Oparaocha (2019), Wollert, Multicultural
Cameron Wild (2019), South Morang, Indigenous

Penrith being talked about as a possible 2nd round pick at this stage.

Anyone have info on Cabdi?

Here's some reading on Penrith...

Courtesy of Knightmare
http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...e-afl-draft-wrap-ethan-penrith-making-strides

18. Ethan Penrith (VIC)
Position: Outside midfield
Height, weight: 179cm, 74kg
Recruited from: Northern Knights
Projected draft range: First to second round
Profile: The outside line breaker takes on the game at every opportunity, dodging and weaving past opposition players effortlessly. His skills are silky, using the ball efficiently and impacting the game heavily with each possession. Penrith, for someone who does his best work on the outside, displays an aggression uncommon in line breakers, bumping opposition players with force, tackling and winning the contested ball.

AFL Victoria Record (6-7 May) - article on page 8 and 9
http://websites.sportstg.com/get_file.cgi?id=36176872

grundog49 -

Ethan Penrith
Northern Knights/Vic Metro
Small Utility
Height: 179 cm Weight: 74 kg D.O.B: 24/10/99

One who has come from a fair way behind to being a strong prospect for 2017 is Ethan Penrith. After being snubbed from u16 Vic Metro selection in 2015, Ethan has taken it upon himself to make them regret their decision and has done so in a big fashion. This year Ethan has excelled as a rebounding small defender with a elite agility and the ability to run with the ball unlike many in the draft. This ability to cut games open allowed him not only get selected to play in the Vic Metro futures squad but a chance to perform on grand final day in the u17 All Stars game. In both games he showed off his trade mark run as well as some evasiveness which was jaw dropping to say the least. Penrith is one who i would love to see play on a wing or up forward as his evasiveness and run allowing him to potentially become a solid wingman or small forward at AFL level. Penrith is a player who can impact games with little possession and one whose x-factor is sure to attract recruiters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack played in the YJFL and was in Oakleigh's TAC squad, so not sure how it works exactly. I thought this zone was meant to correlate with Northern Knights eligibility?

Which Jack....Silvagni?

If so he was drafted before the Academy was set up.

I don't know exactly how it ties in with the Knights.

Played down back in that game (in the first half at least, didn't watch the rest). Did some nice things in the second quarter. Could be a nice pick up.

Edit: reminds me more of Cockatoo than Saad.

Which Jack....Silvagni?

If so he was drafted before the Academy was set up.

I don't know exactly how it ties in with the Knights.
Yup, SOS.

What I'm saying is these academies are supposedly tied closely to TAC zones in Victoria, and as I understood it, the NFL fed Northern. I though the YJFL fed Oakleigh, but looking at the Colts teams, it's possible it feeds Oakleigh, Eastern and Northern.

Not really much of a ball winner is he?

It's an underrated skill so hopefully he can improve that area if his game.
Getting over 20 in an outside role is pretty good in the TAC, and he's not too far off that mark considering he's probably building for the Champs. Very impressive tackle count in a couple of games.

Really not worried given he seems to be athletic, runs all day and skillful. Drop him into HF, and keep building his game.

Not really much of a ball winner is he?

It's an underrated skill so hopefully he can improve that area if his game.

Who needs to actually get the ball and be involved in the game, when you can run fast and ace some isolated combine tests?

Pffft, get with the program, gandaal..... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back