Roast North's perpetual AA under-representation

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Richardson on the Aa panel....No North player will get in while he's around. 1st class muppet and serial North hater.

Nah I don't mind Richo. I think he's a decent bloke, good footy brain albeit not the brightest tool in the shed.

I didn't include Brown over Daniher. But it is the classic example of the 50-50 call that goes the other way. The data is on this is ample enough to draw conclusions of unconscious bias against us. I'm not willing to accuse the selectors of consciously undermining the process.

Although I do blame Luke Darcy for Minson over Goldy in 2013.

Great post. I didn't watch the presentation show tonight and won't read any articles but bloody hell I'd be interested to know what the criteria was for selecting Daniher over BB or Kennedy. Renders the whole thing a bit meaningless for all of us and probably many other clubs when the snubs and prejudice continued unabated year after year.

Famous name.

If anyone gets the chance have a look at cunnington vs shiel! And tell me how one gets a gig in best 22 and the other cant get a spot in the 40! I dont think cunnington should have made the squad, my point more is how can 2 blokes who average very similar numbers be so far apart in the overall rating of players

Maybe it also means that Brad is a very good coach who got the best out of an otherwise average list.

Disagree with this narrative. Brad is a good and ever improving coach but he has by no means performed wonders with an average list. He's had some supremely talented players to work with. If anything in 2013 (with Goldy, Harvey, Wells, Swallow, Petrie, Thomas, Thompson etc at the peak of their powers), we vastly under-performed.

However, one thing I am forever grateful for is somehow Brad from 2010-2013 managed to consistently get the best out of Daniel Wells.

I lost interest a few years ago when watching the panel being questioned for the "All Australian Team" being the criteria of the best players for the year.
When asked about a player over another as a comparison they concluded "Yes l see your point...but our boy in the team has done it over a number of years"
WTF is that

OK then....

As for the rising star....WOW has that changed from round 19 2009 NO NOMINATION

upload_2017-8-31_12-28-8.png
upload_2017-8-31_12-25-46.png

To Rd 23 2017 NOMINATED
upload_2017-8-31_12-31-18.png
upload_2017-8-31_12-30-35.png

Also with the AA team what would be the main criteria for defenders namely FB & CHB?

If you apply the same philosophy to defenders as forwards who need to kick the most goals or near to it. Say the Coleman medal winner goes to full forward.
Then surely a big part for analysis of a FB or CHB would be how many goals they have had kicked on them.

If that is the case how does Alex Rance get a game considering l saw a stat on TV when they were explaining how Scott Thompson is 3rd or 4th for most goals kicked on them over the last three years. Guess who was 2nd ??????

I know he covers a lot of other defenders in the Richmond backline but surely his number one measurement should be to stop his man.

Anybody have access to Campion Data stats to verify?

AA team with slops:

FB: Lever/ Jonas/ Jetta
HB: Howe/ Tarrant/ Laird
C: Treloar/ Kennedy/ Scully
HF: Greene/ Walker/ Lynch
FF: Kreuzer/ Brown/ Garlett
R: Jacobs/ Bontempelli /Sloane
I: Ross/ Oliver/ Duncan/ Neale

Disagree with this narrative. Brad is a good and ever improving coach but he has by no means performed wonders with an average list. He's had some supremely talented players to work with. If anything in 2013 (with Goldy, Harvey, Wells, Swallow, Petrie, Thomas, Thompson etc at the peak of their powers), we vastly under-performed.

However, one thing I am forever grateful for is somehow Brad from 2010-2013 managed to consistently get the best out of Daniel Wells.
And then allowed him to go without much fuss, and got us Dusty's mate Marley got nothing.

Tarrant > Hurley
Hurley has conceded more goals and is worst in AFL for causing turnovers that end in goals for the opposition
Tarrant snubbed again for * scum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From an outsider's point of view i thought Talia over Tarrant in 2016 was a stinker. I feel Talia's 2015 form influenced selectors (who seem incapable of looking at the season in isolation) and can recall several games where he was well beaten.

I remember (I think?) Tarrant dominating Franklin late in the year to cap off a huge season and thinking that would be the clincher for his AA spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lack stars.. it's painfully obvious
In the years we made prelim finals since 2000 we were wiped off the park.
I think st Kilda look similar to us a few years ago
We have not been a serious premiership threat since 2000.
Yes brown, Tarrant and goldy could've made AA in their best years, but every club could say that too
I love our team for fighting above their weight many years since 2000 but we must start drafting a champion or two cos our team is awfully plain jane

Maybe it also means that Brad is a very good coach who got the best out of an otherwise average list.

Stop with this BS!!

If Brad has a poor list to work with its because Brad has put a poor list together, hung onto players who should have been moved on, failed to trade for better players and develop younger players with more opportunity.

After 7 years in control when does it start being Brads list?

I lost interest a few years ago when watching the panel being questioned for the "All Australian Team" being the criteria of the best players for the year.

When asked about a player over another as a comparison they concluded "Yes l see your point...but our boy in the team has done it over a number of years"

WTF is that
From an outsider's point of view i thought Talia over Tarrant in 2016 was a stinker. I feel Talia's 2015 form influenced selectors (who seem incapable of looking at the season in isolation) and can recall several games where he was well beaten.
This is in line with a few factors where I lost interest in this farce. I couldn't care less if a player is rubbish the previous year, if they have out performed their peers over 22 games then past form should be irrelevant.

Stop with this BS!!

If Brad has a poor list to work with its because Brad has put a poor list together, hung onto players who should have been moved on, failed to trade for better players and develop younger players with more opportunity.

After 7 years in control when does it start being Brads list?

Brad is the coach, we have a whole team responsible for drafting, trading etc

Selwood 14 games only?

"Yeah but he's so influential" KB.

I think KB (not that it's radio in Tassie) has lost his marbles.

Or maybe marbles not quite right beforehand, always been a different cat (my Dad says)

His opinion on anything I'd give zero value. In media due to his career, not his worth for position.

Last edited:
I think KB (not that it's radio in Tassie) has lost his marbles.

He's virtually a professional radio troll. In this instance however, he was speaking as an AA officianado and had his lapdog Mick Warner backing him to the hilt. Incredible yet not surprising listening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back