Oppo Camp Norths Recruiting Disaster Continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry _Cayz_, but after the Dusty shitfight last year, I saw the opportunity to land a shot, and I took it.

#NoRegrets
Geez EJW I totally underestimated you as I thought you were a mature and gentle middle aged man , yet you’re bullying a club of under privileged socioeconomic under achievers. Disappointed in you. :p

We are sitting a game clear on the top of the ladder and are the reigning Premiers. We should really be celebrating what we are doing right rather than what we perceive the opposition to be doing poorly.

images

That article is a massive overreaction.

Its flawed to say its a $30m wasteland because they've missed with $30m of offers when it's the same money! If they landed Dusty and Kelly they wouldn't have gone after De Goey. The writer is counting the same money twice.

I was much more critical of them chasing Kelly and Martin though, as I thought they weren't being realistic about their position, and chasing players could distract from short term recruiting. It turns out they are actually better than I thought, and also they are rebuilding the right way when they miss on free agents.

I think the only risks are if they keep missing forever and no one comes- where would that leave them? If they keep drafting well, maybe they are fine. Also, as their own players come out of contract, they'll be asking for big bucks. They'll have to balance the contentment of the list.

They also need to be cautious to not blow the money on anyone when they miss. Guys like Pittard were talked about last year--that would have been a mistake.

I also think missing isn't a bad thing. Let's be honest, two years ago a top player being approached by North would laugh at the idea of passing on a top club like Collingwood for North. Not any more. By talking to the top guys, even if they miss, it's planting the idea in players' minds that North are an acceptable destination.

That article is a massive overreaction.

Its flawed to say its a $30m wasteland because they've missed with $30m of offers when it's the same money! If they landed Dusty and Kelly they wouldn't have gone after De Goey. The writer is counting the same money twice.

I was much more critical of them chasing Kelly and Martin though, as I thought they weren't being realistic about their position, and chasing players could distract from short term recruiting. It turns out they are actually better than I thought, and also they are rebuilding the right way when they miss on free agents.

I think the only risks are if they keep missing forever and no one comes- where would that leave them? If they keep drafting well, maybe they are fine. Also, as their own players come out of contract, they'll be asking for big bucks. They'll have to balance the contentment of the list.

They also need to be cautious to not blow the money on anyone when they miss. Guys like Pittard were talked about last year--that would have been a mistake.

I also think missing isn't a bad thing. Let's be honest, two years ago a top player being approached by North would laugh at the idea of passing on a top club like Collingwood for North. Not any more. By talking to the top guys, even if they miss, it's planting the idea in players' minds that North are an acceptable destination.
It fails to plant that seed if they all decline , my advice woulda be to build a bridge first, continue with the delisted FA then target some B grade Fa and continue to plunder the draft , it makes sense

It fails to plant that seed if they all decline , my advice woulda be to build a bridge first, continue with the delisted FA then target some B grade Fa and continue to plunder the draft , it makes sense

Yeah, agree that continued failure will do that. But they aren't there yet.
And yes, if they end up spending wisely on some lesser names and drafting well, they've lost nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the “North tax” is a thing now. They’re such a pathetic embarrassment. I struggle to acknowledge them as a football club these days. They’re so inferior to us in every single aspect, I’m at the point now where I genuinely pity them. The only thing they can salivate over is the fact player managers use their club as leverage for their clients. How depressing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back