News North's recruiting team resigns en masse

Remove this Banner Ad

As an almost 20-year member of the NMFC, I have to say, the news sounds grim.

The club just lost three blokes who I have never heard of (over the space of a few weeks).

An 18yo kid whose stock is rising has taken his manager's good advice and held off extending his contract for now.

The team sits second bottom, only slightly above the richest club in the land (who won a flag four years ago).

Some of our best players of recent times are now elsewhere, sometimes even playing in the senior team of their new club.

And now we're staring down the barrel of a PP and an opportunity to bring in more of the best talent in the national draft.

All we need at this point is yet another announcement of a successful year for the club financially and that's it, we're cooked.

That would be the last straw, I reckon. The final nail in the coffin.

Call that bloke who runs some medium-sized business in Tassie and tell him our license is finally up for grabs.

Let the Taswegians have a crack on the big stage. Our 50,000-strong membership base isn't up to the task.
giphy.gif

Nobles shouty yelling style just doesn't work with todays players that has been well known for years now

Look at the documentary they released about Melbourne's GF win last year, Goodwin is all lovey dovey, soft smooth voice, love you boyzz ur doing so well. When he wants something done he sounds like a mother begging her 3 year old toddler not to cause a scene in the supermarket becauses shes not buying him another firetruck toy when he already has 3 at home. But then she gives in and buys it anyway

I was at the Gabba for a couple of games back in 2016 when the Lions were utter trash, I lived in Brisbane at the time.

One of your club's favourite sons was in charge of the team, you were getting smashed on the regular.

Players were leaving. Crowds were down. It was a depressing place to be, even in the Brisbane sunshine.

Only one win in the first 17 rounds of the season. Finished bottom the following year, too.

And then a couple of seasons after the spoon, Brisbane finished second on the ladder.

There's an old saying in footy: 'Things are never as good or bad as they seem'.

The sad and sorry campaigners on this board can stick the boot in while North are down, that's natural.

The people who understand footy know that this is just the natural swings and roundabouts of a rebuild.

Last edited:
Nobles shouty yelling style just doesn't work with todays players that has been well known for years now

Look at the documentary they released about Melbourne's GF win last year, Goodwin is all lovey dovey, soft smooth voice, love you boyzz ur doing so well. When he wants something done he sounds like a mother begging her 3 year old toddler not to cause a scene in the supermarket becauses shes not buying him another firetruck toy when he already has 3 at home. But then she gives in and buys it anyway

Coaches like Fagan, Hardwick, Clarko have shown you can be a tough coach that dishes out sprays and still be loved by the players.

Have a lot at the amazon prime doco, Dew, Cameron, Hardwick even Nicks dish out sprays and yet the players respect them.

I reckon if the Noble sprays affected the players that much, it says more about him than them.

You mean the facts
Give this a read, buddy. Wake up from your ignorant slumber.
As an almost 20-year member of the NMFC, I have to say, the news sounds grim.

The club just lost three blokes who I have never heard of (over the space of a few weeks).

An 18yo kid whose stock is rising has taken his manager's good advice and held off extending his contract for now.

The team sits second bottom, only slightly above the richest club in the land (who won a flag four years ago).

Some of our best players of recent times are now elsewhere, sometimes even playing in the senior team of their new club.

And now we're staring down the barrel of a PP and an opportunity to bring in more of the best talent in the national draft.

All we need at this point is yet another announcement of a successful year for the club financially and that's it, we're cooked.

That would be the last straw, I reckon. The final nail in the coffin.

Call that bloke who runs some medium-sized business in Tassie and tell him our license is finally up for grabs.

Let the Taswegians have a crack on the big stage. Our 50,000-strong membership base isn't up to the task.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They need someone with a proven pedigree. Might I suggest this bloke...

200.gif
Amart going to send some new furniture over if he leaves?

Knives are out at north.
3 resignations
Noble's temper
JHF caution/going awol.

All in a day. Agitation is surely occurring

Norths problem is development, lack of leadership. They are fast becoming irrelevant, they need an a grader there to show these guys what it takes.

Noble and the players are so far divided, how can you fix it? That's 3 coaches in 4 years possibly. By the way I reckon clarko would still deliver a monster spray after losing by 100 points, I'm not sure the coach is the issue, it's player related, and it's got a real stench to the place, where no one wants to be at North, they need to get a broom out, Rawlings out, ceo out, they won't work in Tassie as it's not a Tassie team, I'm not sure the AFL can get their heads around that
That’s all pretty much where Melbourne were at under Neeld but with North having far more talent.

The solutions for Melb:
1. Roos - a coach with a track record strong enough to lift standards, admonish players when needed but publicly keep away media pressure. And a game plan to suit as well. Noble might not be too far gone and he has respect in the game. But he has to change his game plan, and change his style to earn respect.

2. Senior players coming in that help immediately on field and off field. Melbourne struck gold with Cross and Vince. Both were very solid starting mids. Cross the ultimate professional. Vince the ultimate turn up each week with a smile on his face and have a red hot crack type. Bad teams need both. North cut the list so deep they probably cut the guy who was the best trainer and the guy who was the best character.

3. A CEO and a board who will keep the place together

Would Tasmania even want them? I say just fold it up and start with something new.

Thankfully we've got a few clubs in the firing line ahead of us already. We're more relevant than 8 clubs just on the basis of being Victorian.

They should have selflessly sacrificed themselves by keeping him on, for the greater good of everyone else. Now they are reaping what they sowed.
I never thought Brad was actually that bad. He was there for 10 years and at that point it’s definitely a list that’s been built in part by him. A very average list at that and still took them into multiple prelims. Obviously it wasn’t leading anywhere special and it was time for fresh ideas but he wasn’t awful.

Compared to his brother Chris who was in the right place at the right time to be handed the keys to a beautiful mustang in Geelong 2011. Brad didn’t have the luxuries of recruiting guys on the level of Cameron and Dangerfield who didn’t want to be in Melbourne but the one club in Victoria with the advantage of being outside that bubble.

At worst they’re on the same level even with old mate taking us to * knows how many prelim losses. Lost count

The people who understand footy know that this is just the natural swings and roundabouts of a rebuild.
Nothing natural about this.
How many clubs win two spoonies in a row?
Also other clubs get to recruit nice players.

North haven't recruited anyone good literally since the dawn of time (i mean trading).
Even took the guy with a heart and drug problem they so desperate for nice trades.

I never thought Brad was actually that bad. He was there for 10 years and at that point it’s definitely a list that’s been built in part by him. A very average list at that and still took them into multiple prelims. Obviously it wasn’t leading anywhere special and it was time for fresh ideas but he wasn’t awful.

Compared to his brother Chris who was in the right place at the right time to be handed the keys to a beautiful mustang in Geelong 2011. Brad didn’t have the luxuries of recruiting guys on the level of Cameron and Dangerfield who didn’t want to be in Melbourne but the one club in Victoria with the advantage of being outside that bubble.
I’d absolutely love to have swapped the Scott brothers and seen how it worked out. Chris with all the advantages of a stable wealthy successful club compared with Brad grinding away at North.

But whilst they are clearly twins with similar personalities it’s felt to me like Chris has all the pugnacious traits of Brad but also a higher level of thinking. At least when it comes to footy. He’s got a cheeky wit and thoughtfulness. Maybe some of that comes from winning a flag and 15 games a year?

Brad built a decent team. A couple of A graders and some class away from contending but solid nonetheless. Then when it was time to rebuild he relented for a few years before calling time when it became inevitable. Very similar to Clarko’s end really.

Lol we have no debt, record membership over 45k, gov grants to keep expanding our facilities

Our finances are the best it’s ever been
Off field the club is ok and Tassie relocation will not happen. But to have 13,000 turn up to a home game last week is a concern as this is where the club starts losing money. Hope it was just coz you were playing Dees at a crap time, but now is when the club needs members to turn up & support them more than ever.

North have always performed well with limited resources - starting with Friday night footy before everyone else jumped on board. i think they need to get inventive again and provide some excitement for the fans, sponsors and give reason to players to stay or join.

It’s not easy and I don’t have the answers but they have an opportunity to get different people to the club that may be more talented that the traditional “boys club”. But the supporters need to turn up and get behind the club to give any new initiatives a chance.
just my opinion- I’d like to see traditional clubs do well (except Carlton of course - they can f*** off).

My Covid fueled conspiracy theory:

• list team knew JHF wasn't going to stick around and heavily pushed for the club to accept a godfather offer like Richmond's to stock the list with multiple young talent but were denied by GM.
  • JHF takes unauthorised trip to Adelaide, likely meeting with SA teams.
  • GM blows up, calling it a failure by the recruiting team to not identify the issue
  • list team are like 'you know what, we tried to tell you, * this we're out and by the way we're leaking the story.'

Off field the club is ok and Tassie relocation will not happen. But to have 13,000 turn up to a home game last week is a concern as this is where the club starts losing money. Hope it was just coz you were playing Dees at a crap time, but now is when the club needs members to turn up & support them more than ever.

North have always performed well with limited resources - starting with Friday night footy before everyone else jumped on board. i think they need to get inventive again and provide some excitement for the fans, sponsors and give reason to players to stay or join.

It’s not easy and I don’t have the answers but they have an opportunity to get different people to the club that may be more talented that the traditional “boys club”. But the supporters need to turn up and get behind the club to give any new initiatives a chance.
just my opinion- I’d like to see traditional clubs do well (except Carlton of course - they can f*** off).
Bring back the elephants I say

Would Tasmania even want them? I say just fold it up and start with something new.
I believe this is your 4th ? maybe 5th comment regarding north relocating to Tasmania
really is not funny or nice. Nobody wants their club to be going through what north are and mostly its clubs we support all our lives

You should stop with the tassie remarks and actually post something thats worth reading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back