Expansion NORTHvGIANTS shouldbe BorderClashAlbury/Wodonga.VICvNSWLongWeeknd/SkiSeason/BGFREEZE

Remove this Banner Ad

Giantman

Debutant
Feb 4, 2012
Australia
AFL Club
GWS
NMFC need to be be pro-active , creative and a nett contributor to promoting footy if they want to avoid being an after thought and wind up as the Tassie Team. It will be just as cold as the snow at Marvel at 3.20 on Sunday afternoon....matter of fact it may even be warmer in Albury.

This match would tick all the boxes. Northern Victoria... NMFC v Giants NSW. Southern NSW/Northern Vic a massive stronghold for AFL and they have no matches there anytime during the season. Opening of Ski Season.... massively promotes Big Freeze.. where the big freeze is....even the Beanies are North colors anyway.

Long Weekend... promoting travel from Canberra and Melbourne.....only problem is neither State Govt Vic or NSW are that interested in promoting this area that much because it is on the border so not so many votes in it....need Fed Govt.

North could play another match there at some stage in the season against that other NSW team. Build a second base...more relevant to North's profile than Tassie.....at least they'd be representing Northern Victoria at that.

North need this... the AFL need this. and if the AFL need this....NORTH are in business.

Guess it's Tassie or the Bush for the Kangaroos.

NMFC need to be be pro-active , creative and a nett contributor to promoting footy if they want to avoid being an after thought and wind up as the Tassie Team. It will be just as cold as the snow at Marvel at 3.20 on Sunday afternoon....matter of fact it may even be warmer in Albury.

This match would tick all the boxes. Northern Victoria... NMFC v Giants NSW. Southern NSW/Northern Vic a massive stronghold for AFL and they have no matches there anytime during the season. Opening of Ski Season.... massively promotes Big Freeze.. where the big freeze is....even the Beanies are North colors anyway.

Long Weekend... promoting travel from Canberra and Melbourne.....only problem is neither State Govt Vic or NSW are that interested in promoting this area that much because it is on the border so not so many votes in it....need Fed Govt.

North could play another match there at some stage in the season against that other NSW team. Build a second base...more relevant to North's profile than Tassie.....at least they'd be representing Northern Victoria at that.

North need this... the AFL need this. and if the AFL need this....NORTH are in business.

Guess it's Tassie or the Bush for the Kangaroos.
Nice trolling coming from a plastic franchise supporter that was given everything by the afl and still couldn’t win anything

Giantman, l don't actually mind your mob that much. But people need to get it through their heads that North will never be moved to Tassie no matter how much you listen to Carowhine, Derwayne, Jabba the Hutch, Tom, Sam or any other in the know " journalist " with a twitter account.

I'm with the OP, Riverina/Albury/Wodonga is an area ripe for AFL expansion, as big a population as Tassie with a strong AFL tradition that has been starved of AFL actiuon. North can just stay 'North'. Better than moving to Tassie

Giantman, l don't actually mind your mob that much. But people need to get it through their heads that North will never be moved to Tassie no matter how much you listen to Carowhine, Derwayne, Jabba the Hutch, Tom, Sam or any other in the know " journalist " with a twitter account.

I'm supporting NMFC to stay as a Victorian Club....even be more Victorian...get out of Tassie...if the 19th licence is granted.

A few people have said that North's best second home (once they're inevitably kicked out of Hobart) would be Albury because it was a former North recruiting zone, is far enough away from Melbourne for games to be a real regional spectacle, and far enough away from Canberra to not be counted as Giants territory. I agree with that, and the Big Freeze would be a worthy cause for cross-promotion.

Very difficult in the current climate;
. post covid
. current economy
. $1billion stadium

Cannot see majority of 12 clubs giving it the thumbs up. If the AFL says Tassie will get access to the 20 of the top 30 draft picks for the next three years to make them competitive ?

I'd be happy for us to get out of Tassie. But level the playing field for ALL teams.
North already been to Brisbane, Perth, Darwin. Ess* never left Melb.until rd.9, ha, to Sydney, and have the next 3 Friday nights.

I think Giantman was clearly referring in his concluding line to a secondary home, not a full relocation.

at the very least it should have been a 640pm start at marvel - sunday night footy on a (vic/nsw) long weekend, day off monday
Mate like you thinking but at least %90 of supporters are hedging bets on how will turn up to the GWS.
I read everything from 5k to 10k so it’s like this just turn the F:ck up to the game stop whinging attend the game whatever the time the game is.
We haven’t won a flag for 23 Fu:king years and the s💩it this club is going thru atm it’s the supporters that need to save this club as the board of the NMFC and it’s Administrators have proven there not up to saving this club proberly still sleep with light on.
It’s the supporters that need to do this and need to this Now not in 4 years or 10 years but NOW .
As if this doesn’t happen you will be giving the AFL,The Media and the 17 other AFL clubs and it’s supporters a free ride to get rid rid of the NMFC .
All I can say to all supporters whether they are the most staunch supporters of the NMFC or fair whether supporters of the NMFC it’s time to stand together and stick it to all the haters of the NMFC and attend all games of this club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate like you thinking but at least %90 of supporters are hedging bets on how will turn up to the GWS.
I read everything from 5k to 10k so it’s like this just turn the F:ck up to the game stop whinging attend the game whatever the time the game is.
We haven’t won a flag for 23 Fu:king years and the s💩it this club is going thru atm it’s the supporters that need to save this club as the board of the NMFC and it’s Administrators have proven there not up to saving this club proberly still sleep with light on.
It’s the supporters that need to do this and need to this Now not in 4 years or 10 years but NOW .
As if this doesn’t happen you will be giving the AFL,The Media and the 17 other AFL clubs and it’s supporters a free ride to get rid rid of the NMFC .
All I can say to all supporters whether they are the most staunch supporters of the NMFC or fair whether supporters of the NMFC it’s time to stand together and stick it to all the haters of the NMFC and attend all games of this club.
That's it. Love the attitude. I honestly think North (as in North Melbourne Football Club, ie the Kangaroos) can grow the club and grow the game by reducing Tassie games (assuming Tassie get's their own team) have 2 more home games in Melbourne and have a second base on VIC/NSW border.... playing against Giants and Swans..... the region is heartland AFL yet has no fixtured AFL matches. North's name and logo fit the profile and you raise the profile of AFL in NSW.... which helps the game and makes North a more critical club in the AFL competition.....therefore providing North with a better chance to grow the club....when you start winning matches the growth for the club and the game will be exponential compared to the present Tassie situation.

ps. North will desperate on Sunday, Giants aren't inspiring at the minute so I agree North supporters turn up.... and any Giants who can make it also..

Not a bad idea to have Nth v GWS up near the border IMHO.

The Lavington Sports ground recently had a big upgrade. It was spectacular to watch the Giants/Swans pre-season game there at twilight with the sun setting over the hills in the background.

The Albury city council aren't known for the greatest long term decision making. Banning the Melbourne Storm from setting up a training base during Covid was a doozey. The privately owned Albury Sports ground then stepped in and allowed them to train there instead.

If Ballarat can host a couple of games a season I don't see why an AFL town on the border with a population of 100 000 (not even including surrounding towns) can't have one.

Effort was put into making this video though, so perhaps there is a plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back