Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

The "Never Tear Us Apart" bit, with the drum break, gave me chills. I can definitely see it becoming our YNWA. It works perfectly the way they combine it with the Rudimental intro. I hope it becomes permanent.

I love how it was a complete surprise too, and the crowd embraced it straight away. This is how things like YNWA come into being, it's an organic process that starts in the outer naturally, not forced in a shed being led by an interstate marketing team. That's what makes our club great, powered by the people.

Never Tear Us Apart....how good was that! Spine-tingling and loved it.

A "must be" at every match.

I don't own an INXS record and even I loved it. Fantastic!

The John Schumann song is terribly cheesy and not really fit for stadium use.
Yeh, no cheese pls.

What they did was perfect...some real spine tingling stuff.

I get chills just thinking about it. Imagine being in a home prelim final against a Hawthorn or a Geelong on a Saturday night or something in a packed house of 53,000. Then one minute before the bounce 'Never Tear Us Apart' starts and the crowd bursts it out with such gusto that you can't even hear the actual track.

Just imagine this but in a sea of black, white, and teal at Adelaide oval.

Not Giving In gave me huge goosebumps at the whisper bit when even the crowd went quiet, then the songs build up leading into the lads running out, it just worked so well.
Never Tear Us Apart got me doing the jaw dropped, wide eyed, hands on head "how good is this" pose. Lump in the throat when J-Mac popped up.
The club managed to pull so much raw emotion out of us just by making a bit of a mix tape and chucking some pictures on the screen to go with it. Incredible work by the club.

One of the things that comes out of this discussion and NTUS talk is not only did the club do a good job but the AOSMA - got the right sound engineers and paid for the right PA system. Whilst at times a little loud the sound system is fantastic.

After the first strikers game on NYE they had a half hour concert led by the blonde rock chick who did ok in the first series of the Voice. I stuck around to hear what the sound system was like in the Riverbank Stand. I gave it the tick that night and the eastern stand sounded pretty good to me.

I loved the song. I didn't really pay attention if they incorporated a video element to the song but that would be the next step. I'd also suggest it's a changing topic when the vibe is right, always want to keep these things unique and fresh.

For those who missed it.

I am on board with it...we could do worse than have the crowd pumping that theme out a minute before the game. It is an anthem, and if it got legs it could be pretty special. Just not sure 'Australian' crowds in general get on board with this kind of thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked that the club didn't run around all social media outlets telling everyone we were gonna do this to gauge public reactions or gather a group to rehearse different concepts, we actually had the people in the right positions to be able to confidently stand up and say 'this is what we need to do' and passed it onto the next group of people in the right positions who executed it to perfection. There's your point of difference.

And if it was a complete flop the club would have been man enough to throw it straight in the bin rather than flogging a dead horse (hello 19th man).

This video was linked in another thread but can't find where so will put it here for those who didn't fully take in the Never Tear Us Apart countdown

That was brilliant.And a great video by who ever shot it, I can see that take off at our home games.Trying to pick a game later in the year to take my 5 year old daughter to so she can experience it all early as well.There was a great 8 minute video of throughout the day someone uploaded I thought the club did a great job of building us running onto the ground superbly.They should just keep it that way all year now hopefully they do.

Another 4 posts up from that ;)

It's happen to me before, especially on the Springsteen thread where there are heaps of videos posted, but if you go back or forward without a proper refreshing of the page the youtube videos "change". They don't change physically but on screen they look like another linked video. That's what happened here. Its a little glitch in the system.

It's happen to me before, especially on the Springsteen thread where there are heaps of videos posted, but if you go back or forward without a proper refreshing of the page the youtube videos "change". They don't change physically but on screen they look like another linked video. That's what happened here. Its a little glitch in the system.

thCAYTOA01.jpg

A glitch? What did you see?

If it wasn't for Port Adelaide, there would be no AC/DC. Bon Scott was working the docks in Semaphore when he got a job as their Adelaide driver and the rest is history. Australia's most successful band, and Australia's most successful football club. You know it makes sense.

Otherwise, Power to the People

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Sent an email to KT re NTUA

Never Tear Us Apart - was a massive massive winner! People are saying they want it every home game. Congratulations to whoever came up with that. It could become our You'll Never Walk Alone.

His response - "We’re doing it every game."

Sent an email to KT re NTUA

Never Tear Us Apart - was a massive massive winner! People are saying they want it every home game. Congratulations to whoever came up with that. It could become our You'll Never Walk Alone.

His response - "We’re doing it every game."
I wonder if they put the words on the screens as well if it will entice even more people to sing it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back