Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if they put the words on the screens as well if it will entice even more people to sing it?

Good idea. looking at the words and the melody/speed of the song they shouldn't interfere with the images too much.

We could live
For a thousand years
But if I hurt you
I'd make wine from your tears

I told you
That we could fly
'Cause we all have wings
But some of us don't know why

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never ever tear us apart

Good idea. looking at the words and the melody/speed of the song they shouldn't interfere with the images too much.

We could live
For a thousand years
But if I hurt you

I told you
That we could fly
'Cause we all have wings

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
I really think that would get those that are not 100% on the words a bit more in to it..and the more that sing, the more others do, which could get it off the ground as a pre game anthem.

We could live
For a thousand years
But if I hurt you

I told you
That we could fly
'Cause we all have wings

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided

From the album Kick. Great Album. My vintage.

Could you imagine the sound as 45,000 Port supporters singing and the pitch of their voice goes up singing

But some of us, don't know whyyyyyyyyyy - as Hutchence's does

Could you imagine the sound as 45,000 Port supporters singing and the pitch of their voice goes up singing

But some of us, don't know whyyyyyyyyyy - as Hutchence's does

This has the potential to become that "You'll never walk alone" anthem - we'll have made it when we've relegated the original track to a backing tape for 45,000 lead singers!

Sent an email to KT re NTUA

Never Tear Us Apart - was a massive massive winner! People are saying they want it every home game. Congratulations to whoever came up with that. It could become our You'll Never Walk Alone.

His response - "We’re doing it every game."

Great news...thanks REH.

Cows won't be able to get the same emotion we can. Being a soulless, fake, plastic franchise and all that.

They will do something meaningless and claim otherwise
Crowie said tonight he wants NTUA sung by their fans.. the 'me too' complex is strong with that one, 'Port did this & it was awesome, hey here's an idea lets do it at our game' :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, we don't need the words on the screen. Something a bit 'crow' about that.

You put the words up for the next few games so people get used to it and can learn them and then you tell the crowd to toughen up remember them, and remove them say for the first Saturday night game against the Hawks Rd 10 so that the images are nice and bright at night time and not affected by the words.

I liked that the club didn't run around all social media outlets telling everyone we were gonna do this to gauge public reactions or gather a group to rehearse different concepts, we actually had the people in the right positions to be able to confidently stand up and say 'this is what we need to do' and passed it onto the next group of people in the right positions who executed it to perfection. There's your point of difference.
totally agree, it was a complete surprise for me when i heard it but felt it was perfect, never tear us apart that is exactly what these young men are developing into...a team that will not be torn apart and which i think also reflects ken perfectly and what he has been striving for...i listened to him speak last year after round one and what impressed me the most was he said..."i am about relationships...definitely a key to success and why would any of these young men want to go anywhere else now...TEAM...together everyone achieves more...and yes great decision to whoever came up with the idea...better than the lame banner the crows came up with

I get chills just thinking about it. Imagine being in a home prelim final against a Hawthorn or a Geelong on a Saturday night or something in a packed house of 53,000. Then one minute before the bounce 'Never Tear Us Apart' starts and the crowd bursts it out with such gusto that you can't even hear the actual track.

Just imagine this but in a sea of black, white, and teal at Adelaide oval.

I haven't seen that before WOW just *in WOW!

Difference is that NTUA actually means something to PAFC fans, we get why the song has been chosen. We have been to hell and back, experienced things that no other club should have to. Been told to die, told we are irrelevant, told we will be rebranded and relocated. We never gave up and those arseholes Never tore us apart. But * me did they try!

Rowe with his cows ambassador hat on likes it because he thinks it would make a nice song to sing to.

I liked that the club didn't run around all social media outlets telling everyone we were gonna do this to gauge public reactions or gather a group to rehearse different concepts, we actually had the people in the right positions to be able to confidently stand up and say 'this is what we need to do' and passed it onto the next group of people in the right positions who executed it to perfection. There's your point of difference.

Bingo!

I wasn't even there but that looked like the most engaging pre-match I've ever seen, and I'm including finals. Someone needs to shoot some really pro-footage of that 'cos seeing that sort of build up makes me even more keen than I already am to travel from interstate to see a game. :thumbsu:

Difference is that NTUA actually means something to PAFC fans, we get why the song has been chosen. We have been to hell and back, experienced things that no other club should have to. Been told to die, told we are irrelevant, told we will be rebranded and relocated. We never gave up and those arseholes Never tore us apart. But **** me did they try!

Rowe with his cows ambassador hat on likes it because he thinks it would make a nice song to sing to.

I liked this and I have to do what the late US film critic Roger Ebert would do :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

We could live
For a thousand years
But if I hurt you

I told you
That we could fly
'Cause we all have wings

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided

Thought it was a great moment, but maybe we could adapt the chorus for our club? eg

Now
We are standing
We are here
A club united

And you can never ever tear us apart

...or something like that

Had chills when JMac appeared on the screens during Never Tear Us Apart. Hoping they bring back the old AC/DC tunes though, but maybe I'm biased there :p
You're in luck. Old mate Thunder ran out to ACDC.

I get chills just thinking about it. Imagine being in a home prelim final against a Hawthorn or a Geelong on a Saturday night or something in a packed house of 53,000. Then one minute before the bounce 'Never Tear Us Apart' starts and the crowd bursts it out with such gusto that you can't even hear the actual track.

Just imagine this but in a sea of black, white, and teal at Adelaide oval.

Unfortunately the AFL controls finals and wouldn't let us play it the last 60 seconds before the game on the PA and big screens, but would let us play it maybe before we ran on. But nothing would stop the crowd from bursting into full singing voice after the national anthem and as the players are moving into place.

Heard a clip of rudimental with port running out on nova this morning. I didnt have the pleasure of attending the game but that clip alone sent shivers through me. If anyone has a clip of this pls post it.

The club nailed it with both songs at both points before the game, awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back