NOT going to the GF. What are you doing Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

stuffed if I know. My only friends interested are going to the 'G. My own fault really. His missus didn't get a membership, so we put our codes in, got 2 tickets, but I said she should go. Yes, thats right, I turned down a ticket. They should go to experience it, I went alone in 2012 so I have had the great fortune to experience a GF day in Melbourne. They don't grow on trees so I want them to live the day and they have never been to the 'G, no less on GF day. So Probably just gonna load up alone at home, perhaps go somewhere. The Alexandria would've been good but we know what happened there. Don't care tbh. It's a grand final and I will be watching somewhere.

stuffed if I know. My only friends interested are going to the 'G. My own fault really. His missus didn't get a membership, so we put our codes in, got 2 tickets, but I said she should go. Yes, thats right, I turned down a ticket. They should go to experience it, I went alone in 2012 so I have had the great fortune to experience a GF day in Melbourne. They don't grow on trees so I want them to live the day and they have never been to the 'G, no less on GF day. So Probably just gonna load up alone at home, perhaps go somewhere. The Alexandria would've been good but we know what happened there. Don't care tbh. It's a grand final and I will be watching somewhere.

Wow, karma points for you mate. Even though you've seen a win, to turn down a ticket to the GF is extremely selfless.

Back the bus up son...

let me get this straight....his mrs didn't get a membership and u did and you aer giving her your grand final ticket, and your'e gona go watch it alone?

am i hearing this correctly?

what is this?

man the fk up son and march on over to that broad and get what is rightfully yours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back the bus up son...

let me get this straight....his mrs didn't get a membership and u did and you aer giving her your grand final ticket, and your'e gona go watch it alone?

am i hearing this correctly?

what is this?

man the fk up son and march on over to that broad and get what is rightfully yours.
you heard correctly. Do you have friends that you would do that for? No, you would have them go down and win enough money on the pokies..or something, then boot your Mom, out of the tram, on the way, because she didn't have enough 2 dollar coins? I did man up..I wanted to share it..that's man up..

Last edited:
you heard correctly. Do you have friends that you would do that for? No, you would have them go down and win enough money on the pokies..or something, then boot your Mom, out of the tram, on the way, because she didn't have enough 2 dollar coins? I did man up..I wanted to share it..that's man up..

Cool story about the pokies and the tram and stuff.

Anyway that's a lovely gesture. Enjoy the day.

I play for a local melbourne club. Premier league in Saturday pennant. You?

Nice - bounce between skipping our 2's and filling in for the 1's as needed.

Only recently came back to the game. Claim to fame was winning the NSW state pairs back in 2004 and then burnt out running around playing too much.

Really enjoying just cruising in the 2's with some mates and chasing the odd bit of coin at carnivals as they come around now.

After we lost to GWS I invited 250 people over for a Grand Final Day house party, so feeling a bit obliged to stay home and host that...

But I'm an MCC full member so if it's tight as we approach half time nerves might get the better of me on the day and I might go grab a collared shirt and fang it in there and leave the guests for my housemate to deal with...

Shitbloke effort or??

Im not going to the game Saturday sadly.

Ill be spending it and home with my 2 best mates (Scum fan) their wifes and my wife and 2 children.

We will be having pulled pork sliders for entree

Roast lamb and Pork belly off the weber with roast vegies for mains.

Scones with jam and cream and home made party pies for half time.

I have a bottle of Jack a bottle of Canadian club and Pina Colads to wash it all down with.

The house will be full of Red and White streamers and balloons and I will take up my favourite spot on the couch in front of the TV.

I have part bottle of 21 y/o Jameson to celebrate if we win which ive only touched in 2012 and the birth of my children.

Should be epic.

What are you doing?[/QUOTE

I'll be seeing my mate from Bendigo, he's a Blues fan and we both live in Hong Kong. He'll have ribs and i'll have beer. He doesn't drink but is a footy head. We'll watch and he'll secretly hope for the Dogs, but is good enough not to cheer for them. He'll be torn between cheering for them but realising as a Swannee fan we've done it hard as well and it's been a life of longing also. Great bloke.

Go Swans!!!

I'll watch the game live at 6:30 in the morning then prepare for the arrival of my in laws from Australia in the afternoon.

My wife knows they drive me frickin crazy so after a day or two with them I'm heading up to Stockholm for a solo escape. Those who spend their lives looking after two young kids like I do will understand how fantastic this is.

Can't wait. It'll be a great weekend if the swans get up.

After we lost to GWS I invited 250 people over for a Grand Final Day house party, so feeling a bit obliged to stay home and host that...

But I'm an MCC full member so if it's tight as we approach half time nerves might get the better of me on the day and I might go grab a collared shirt and fang it in there and leave the guests for my housemate to deal with...

Shitbloke effort or??

You must have a large house.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back