Not helping Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

CHF

Senior List
Dec 21, 2000
Melbourne, VIC
I never bag pagans coaching but it seems like byron is getting stuck playing deep in the backline to often these days. someting has to be done, even if it means playing him in the midfield. we need byron getting his hands on the ball an being creative. he is not going to do that minding the likes of barnard at full back every week.

on a positive note the 3 18yr olds still look the goods and i recon stuey shagggy cochrane is going to prove alot of people wrong.

p.s. CIK, did my eyes decive me or did makepeace kick a goal from outside 50 on friday night. must have had a big tail wind behind him hey!

Seeing us getting belted on Friday night, I thought long and hard about a tactic. An idea has been floating around in my mind for a while, and the drunker I get, the more sense it makes.
smile.gif

Winnie had literally done his dash, and wiped himself out for a month. Where, then, is the harm in sending him back on, limpin' and lame, to throw a few punches.
- "There ya go, Smokin Joe, try getting 30 touches with your eyes so swollen you can't see"
- "Hey Hirdy, I hear you don't like boxing practice, so how about I do the practice"
- "Mercs you're a fair player and nice guy but I'm gonna kick you in the nuts anyway"

Aaaah... it was just a thought!
frown.gif

P.S. - With this in mind, maybe we could get Calthorpe one last game before he is shoved out the door (how much does it cost to hire a bulldozer these days, anyway?).

With Winnie out for the next three or four weeks, maybe we could try Byron there. He is such a talented player, I'm sure he could create and maybe score a few goals.

------------------
Are We Not Men
We Are DEVO

Originally posted by Cup_Half_Full:

p.s. CIK, did my eyes decive me or did makepeace kick a goal from outside 50 on friday night. must have had a big tail wind behind him hey!
Your eyes did not deceive you. He kicked a rather good goal, and he also did a couple of good things through the night. (So did Cochrane as a matter of fact.) Nevertheless, he did no more than a hundred others might have done. That has always been my point about him - he has nothing to rate him above any other player.

------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

Originally posted by DEVO:
With Winnie out for the next three or four weeks, maybe we could try Byron there. He is such a talented player, I'm sure he could create and maybe score a few goals.

I believe Byron was drafted as a HFF. He did play there a bit in the reserves during 1997, with relative success. The only thing stopping us from using him in an attacking role (as a midfielder or forward), is that it would rob us of run and creativity out of the backline, not one of our strongest points at the moment.

Originally posted by Carey_is_King:
Originally posted by Cup_Half_Full:

Your eyes did not deceive you. He kicked a rather good goal, and he also did a couple of good things through the night. (So did Cochrane as a matter of fact.) Nevertheless, he did no more than a hundred others might have done. That has always been my point about him - he has nothing to rate him above any other player.

Who? Where? and When was Makepeace stated as a champion/superstar?

Go the Skull !!!
J.I.T.C
THE DOC..

It seems to me that Picket has lost a lot of his aggression on the field. He used to scare the hell out of opposition players.

Was it early last year that he sent that player to the moon? (Hawthorn player I think!) Ever since then, because of the big hullabaloo that followed, he seems to attack the man less.
It's like he's holding back.

confused.gif
confused.gif

Originally posted by Carey_is_King:

Fair appraisal CIK, but it doesn't really answer the question of who would be ready-made to replace Makepeace in our best 22, where you appear to believe he should not be.

I think given what we have on the list at this time, our depth may very well be thin, and our fringe players may not be up to the standard of our fringe players of 1996-98 BUT I think Makepeace has done enough to be somewhere between player 15-22 in our side, and he'd have to do a lot wrong to lose that spot.

I'd be happier with a player such as Makey, who will never be a star, but works hard and does his bit every week, than a player like S.Motlop who can do freakish things but doesn't.

[This message has been edited by Darky (edited 03 April 2001).]

Darky,
In the context of the current list, you may well be correct. I confess to not knowing a great deal about the seconds players.

------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

The gutless prick is now showing his true colours. Can only dish it out when the victim isnt looking.

His act on Krummel was one of the most gutless and cowardly acts I have ever seen on a football field except the time Carl Ditterich knocked out Terry Cahill at Moorabbin in 1978. The animal.

Originally posted by The Grim Reaper:
The gutless prick is now showing his true colours. Can only dish it out when the victim isnt looking.

His act on Krummel was one of the most gutless and cowardly acts I have ever seen on a football field except the time Carl Ditterich knocked out Terry Cahill at Moorabbin in 1978. The animal.

Geeze, and was it any different when your peadophile buddy Johnson did it to John Blakey?

You are so one eyed, we should call you John Hopoate, mind you, I'm sure you stick your finger up arses anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by The Grim Reaper:
Mali boo boo, as an arse youself you would know first HAND whats up you.

That's right Grim (wink, wink) and if you're offering, I wouldn't mind a bit of your hand thanks cause I think I'm falling head of heels for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back