Autopsy Not quite enough. Pies fall 105-77 - Rd 19, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically any juggled mark is a throw. Any kick where you drop the ball onto your foot is a throw.
You're splitting hairs on a bald man.
He never lost possession.

The rule specifically applies to disposal.
He did not at any time attempt to dispose of the ball.
This is ridiculously wrong, and you should feel dumb for posting it.

I liked the post because anything positive about the velvet sledgehammer is good in my books. Not celebrating an injury, but I do like Varcoe smashing blokes.
Fair enough, and I assume (hope) that was akin to everyone else’s sentiment that liked the post

Jesus this is quite a s**t post, and those liking it aren’t any better.

Love seeing players play hard, but never like to see anyone hurt. Can commend Varcoe’s toughness at that particular contest but to celebrate or glorify another player’s injury out of that same contest is the lowest of form.
Chill dude.
It's all a bit of tongue in cheek type fun.

He is the velvet wrecking ball after all.

Serious question did somebody in Richmond actually get injured?

I missed that.

Serious question did somebody in Richmond actually get injured?

I missed that.

Prestia got a cracked rib, will miss this week. Played out the game and still managed 71% game time.

Love seeing players play hard, but never like to see anyone hurt. Can commend Varcoe’s toughness at that particular contest but to celebrate or glorify another player’s injury out of that same contest is the lowest of form.
Cant really agree. A well executed hip and shoulder is a great part of the game. The intention with it is to block or stop your opponent but hurting them a bit has always been an added extra. Cracked rib , bruised rib, winded, sore and sorry has always been lauded. Don't think the intention of the post is to wish bad things for Prestia but that Varcoe's bump hurt him is part of the aim.

Doesn’t justify it.

TW Sherrin is usually a good poster and comes across a reasonable person so I’ll take it that the intent of the post wasn’t as it came across, and that he was commending Varcoe’s hardness (it was a ripper bump) rather than wishing ill on Prestia, who as far as I remember has never done anything untoward in games against Collingwood, or even his career.

No mate not celebrating any injury. Rather love the hardness Varcoe can bring.

Hey Gone Critical have you changed your opinion about our teams abilities after the Tigers game?

Your comments on the Tigers board peaked my interest.

I couldn’t care less about one of their players getting hurt. All they constantly do is bang on about how we just come up with excuses when we have injuries when in fact it’s a reason not a excuse. Also after them laughing and loving it when Adam did his hammys I don’t care if Pies fans comment on one of their players getting injured.

Technically any juggled mark is a throw. Any kick where you drop the ball onto your foot is a throw.
You're splitting hairs on a bald man.
He never lost possession.

The rule specifically applies to disposal.
He did not at any time attempt to dispose of the ball.

No technically they are not, juggled marks are not deliberately thrown up, when you bounce the ball you do so in a legal manner, when you drop the ball to kick it is also in a 1 action motion, he took possession then threw it up and sideways gaining territory and changing field position allowing him to kick it through the goals.

If he did it on the spot and ball went up and kicked in same spot it would be much closer to a legal disposal.

He quite clearly lost possession when he and the ball went around opposite sides of the post SEPERATED.

Prestia got a cracked rib, will miss this week. Played out the game and still managed 71% game time.

Tough bugger, would of been in a lot of pain, credit to prestia.

Some precious people on here getting upset that people took enjoyment out of Varcoes hit (which was brilliant), it's just a cracked rib, he'll be fine and back out there in a few weeks right as rain. Not like he has done a career or life threatening injury.

Hey Gone Critical have you changed your opinion about our teams abilities after the Tigers game?

Your comments on the Tigers board peaked my interest.
Not hugely but we did a great job. Tigers are still well ahead of us I reckon. I think they did what they had to on Saturday and still had something in the tank. Still see us as a 6-8 type side in the comp. if we can knock off Sydney and PA that will make a difference but it still remains we have only beaten Melbourne of teams in the top half of the ladder so I feel top 4 flatters us. We are there because we have made hte most of a kind draw

That doesnt worry me because I think we have improved like we needed to in 2018. Still feel our best footy in 2017 was better than our best in 2018.

Not hugely but we did a great job. Tigers are still well ahead of us I reckon. I think they did what they had to on Saturday and still had something in the tank. Still see us as a 6-8 type side in the comp. if we can knock off Sydney and PA that will make a difference but it still remains we have only beaten Melbourne of teams in the top half of the ladder so I feel top 4 flatters us. We are there because we have made hte most of a kind draw

That doesnt worry me because I think we have improved like we needed to in 2018. Still feel our best footy in 2017 was better than our best in 2018.
What was our best in 2017? I feel like I must have subconsciously erased that season from my memory. Someone on here quoted something like 17 games for Elliott last year, it felt to me like he didn't play nearly as many.

I feel like games like the Adelaide game and the North game this year are as strong as I've seen us play in a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to agree. those wins against Geelong and WCE last year were real class and showed we had it in us. Good to be consistent this year in terms of beating lower ranked teams, i cant see us doing well in september if we cant flatten the swans AND beat port.

What was our best in 2017? I feel like I must have subconsciously erased that season from my memory. Someone on here quoted something like 17 games for Elliott last year, it felt to me like he didn't play nearly as many.

I feel like games like the Adelaide game and the North game this year are as strong as I've seen us play in a long time.
Beat Geelong comfortably who finished 2nd H&A, drew with Adelaide when they came back and were lucky to catch us, 3 point loss to GWS who were also top 4, beat Syd in Sydney, beat Hawks in a big comeback only time we have beaten them since 2011.

Disagree about 2017 football being better than 2018 irrespective of the draw.

Our football in 2018 is light years ahead of 2017 IMO.

RICHMOND v COLLINGWOOD
10 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
7 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
4 Shane Edwards (RICH)
4 Jack Riewoldt (RICH)
4 David Astbury (RICH)
1 Dion Prestia (RICH)

Disagree about 2017 football being better than 2018 irrespective of the draw.

Our football in 2018 is light years ahead of 2017 IMO.
The difference in 2018 is we have been much more consistent with less bad days. Enjoyable to watch but winning and ladder position greatly adds to that. When you look at our performance against other top 8 sides it has been lacklustre bar Melbourne.

Hawks put us to the sword
Richmond 2 conclusive wins
Geelong easy win
WCE untroubled to win
GWS won in a contest

It doesnt have the same merit as our performance against the top sides of 2017. I am confident we are progressing overlaa but dont see us as a guenuine top 4 side yet. We need to knock off more good sides.

RICHMOND v COLLINGWOOD
10 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
7 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
4 Shane Edwards (RICH)
4 Jack Riewoldt (RICH)
4 David Astbury (RICH)
1 Dion Prestia (RICH)
I backed Grundy to win the Brownlow on Saturday night when pissed at $50. :thumbsu::drunk:

The difference in 2018 is we have been much more consistent with less bad days. Enjoyable to watch but winning and ladder position greatly adds to that. When you look at our performance against other top 8 sides it has been lacklustre bar Melbourne.

Hawks put us to the sword
Richmond 2 conclusive wins
Geelong easy win
WCE untroubled to win
GWS won in a contest

It doesnt have the same merit as our performance against the top sides of 2017. I am confident we are progressing overlaa but dont see us as a guenuine top 4 side yet. We need to knock off more good sides.

Besides Hawks and a bad day against WC we have been very consistent.

We lost to Carlton last year remember? Sydney lost to Gold Coast in 2018?

All I am saying is we have been a vastly better team this year IMO.

Besides Hawks and a bad day against WC we have been very consistent.

We lost to Carlton last year remember? Sydney lost to Gold Coast in 2018?

All I am saying is we have been a vastly better team this year IMO.
Agree we have been better overall this year but our best performances of 2017 were better than our best performances of 2018. We were too inconsistent in 2017 especially against weaker sides and we have fixed that this year. Still we dont have anything this year that matches how we played against Geelong, Adelaide and even GWS in 2017. I would always attach more importance to performing well against the better sides than the lesser sides. We havent been so good on that this year.

From Collingwood site:

Grundy got a 10 from both coaches.

* Brodie Grundy tallied a team-high 147 AFL Fantasy points after finishing with 23 disposals and 48 hit-outs. He's now second in the AFL for fantasy points per game, averaging 118.2. The competition leader is the aforementioned Tom Mitchell, who is averaging 131 fantasy points per game.

* Grundy is now the highest-placed Collingwood player on the leaderboard for the coaches' award after receiving the maximum 10 votes for his heroic effort against the Tigers. He is now 11th on 56 votes, but he's 24 votes behind the leader, Melbourne big man Max Gawn.

* Taylor Adams won seven clearances on Saturday. He is now the leading Collingwood player and 14th in the competition when it comes to average clearances per game. Adams is averaging 5.9. The AFL leader is Hawthorn ball-magnet Tom Mitchell, who averages 7.8 clearances per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back