Not so obvious players to watch out for

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be a little obvious idk not many people rate him that highly but i think Mcgrath will find a new level in the midfield this year! well atleast i hope...
Rogue pick choosing the number 1 draft pick.

So everyone in the media is pumping up Petracca at Melbourne to be a gun.

One that might not be mainstream though is Bailey Fritsch, if he stays injury free he will kick 40 goals no problem for us. He's a special talent

You've been suggesting Harley Bennell so probably him

For Richmond I’d say Shai Bolton. Yeah he was a part of the 2019 Premiership team, but I say that he’s the most talented youngster that we have on our list. He’s building and I’m expecting big things from him soon.

I hopped on the Ed Langdon bandwagon early. Looking forward to how his career progresses at a new club.

Dan Houston
Darcy Byrne-Jones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had pretty well given up hope that Sam Powell-pepper would fulfill the potential he had shown in his rookie season (with port at least).

However he was clearly BOG in the game against the Doggies and influential in the won over the Lions. He seems to be kicking drop punts, hitting targets, making good decisions with the ball and not giving away careless free kicks. So basically the opposite of his last 2 years.

Only preseason of course where many players have seduced fans in the past. But it could be quite a turnaround for the lad who it looked desperately needed a fresh start elsewhere.

Ben Long for us.

Shown flashes of brilliance up forward so far in his career, but we've been hearing the hype about how he's been going in match sim etc over summer down back, and then we saw what all the fuss was about on the weekend against Collingwood.

18 touches to half time and was just killing it, and only slowed down by the fact the ball hardly went down his end in the 3rd quarter.

Will be a ripper if he keeps that up.

Ben Long for us.

Shown flashes of brilliance up forward so far in his career, but we've been hearing the hype about how he's been going in match sim etc over summer down back, and then we saw what all the fuss was about on the weekend against Collingwood.

18 touches to half time and was just killing it, and only slowed down by the fact the ball hardly went down his end in the 3rd quarter.

Will be a ripper if he keeps that up.
Knew there was someone I was forgetting. I've kept a close eye on Long ever since he was drafted out of our VFL side. Was absolutely gutted you guys got him, but never expected him to be so good off half back. Looks like he's set for a huge year

I hopped on the Ed Langdon bandwagon early. Looking forward to how his career progresses at a new club.
Based on pre-season, get ready for more of the same. Amazing runner, questionable disposal.

Re: Harley Bennell. If, and it’s a massive if, he ever returns to the AFL stage on a regular basis then he is by far and away the recruit of the year. He’s lost none of his skill, bloke is absolute silk. I just don’t think his body is up to it unfortunately.

I’m really looking forward to watching Mason Redman and Zerk-Thatcher at the bombers, particularly Redman looks a players.

Based on pre-season, get ready for more of the same. Amazing runner, questionable disposal.

Re: Harley Bennell. If, and it’s a massive if, he ever returns to the AFL stage on a regular basis then he is by far and away the recruit of the year. He’s lost none of his skill, bloke is absolute silk. I just don’t think his body is up to it unfortunately.

I’m really looking forward to watching Mason Redman and Zerk-Thatcher at the bombers, particularly Redman looks a players.

Welcome to the endless cycle of: Harley's back in training...Harley's looking like a million dollars...Harley's coming back through the VFL...Harley's a week away from being named in the 22...Harley's pinged a calf in training* (rinse and repeat for however many years he's on the list).

*Plus endless innuendos from other fans that pinging a calf is a metaphor for drug abuse.

Such a desperate waste of talent and more than that just more terrible bad luck for the individual - because you know what, despite all of the innuendo for mine he is trying so damn hard to get back onto the playing field that I want to see him make - even if it's not in Purple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back