Remove this Banner Ad

Crafted

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
I like watching soccer and am not unfamiliar to the sport, but I am very unfamiliar with the league and what every team is like.

I usually have a particular reason for following a football team (dad goes for Melbourne for example)

Could you guys help me out or maybe even persuade me to support a particular team? Maybe a comparison between certain EPL teams and AFL teams, something like that.

Cheers guys :thumbsu:

Liverpool=Richmond. Fans go on and on about "next season", then go below expectation, meltdown and the pattern repeats

Watch some games and then just see who you follow. I have a mate who swapped between United and Arsenal for years until this year he found out Southampton are the Saints so he started supporting them (St Kilda supporter)

The equivalent of Melbourne might be QPR?

That's the problem. I can't support the team I like the most when I have no idea about any of the teams.
Research Fulham.

London club, beautiful stadium right on the water, nice looking kits, and very passionate fans.

Or if you're interested in West Ham, watch Green Street Hooligans; very moving.

Manchester United is your best bet. Passionate fans, history, haven't sold out to a sugar daddy.
Liverpool also fit this bill as do Arsenal but don't support them!!
United and Liverpool actually have a lot in common when I think about it. Hate saying that

Don't just pick a successful team and brag like you've been a lifetime supporter when/if they win something. See = loads of Man Utd "fans". I like asking these people certain questions to see how real they are

Watch some games, see what team connects with you. I was about 10/11 when I moved to WA from Victoria, seen some highlights show & the game was Arsenal v Everton. I really liked how good the goalkeeper was, so I picked that team. Seaman was good, but Southall was better ;)

Don't just pick a successful team and brag like you've been a lifetime supporter when/if they win something. See = loads of Man Utd "fans". I like asking these people certain questions to see how real they are

Watch some games, see what team connects with you. I was about 10/11 when I moved to WA from Victoria, seen some highlights show & the game was Arsenal v Everton. I really liked how good the goalkeeper was, so I picked that team. Seaman was good, but Southall was better ;)
You old bastard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch a few games with random teams and you'll start warming to certain players and then clubs. If you have football following mates then talk to them, I started supporting City through a friend who originally began supporting the Blues back in 2005 as he liked their working-class, predominantly English squad. How times have changed!

Yup. I knew coming in not to pick Man United.

Being a big NBA fan, I know how bad being a bandwagon supporter is.

1 down...
Watch some season reviews, I think that would be your best bit. Shows stuff from each month from each side, if you go back 10 or so seasons, you should get a fair idea.

he liked their working-class, predominantly English squad.
shaq-laughing-o.gif

glad you added that last bit!!

Just follow Barca, you'd enjoy every game you watch them for starters

If it has to be an English team and something close to Melbourne then you'd have to follow a conference side.

Probably just pick a team that plays attractive football that lets you enjoy yourself at the very least when you watch them

Watch some season reviews, I think that would be your best bit. Shows stuff from each month from each side, if you go back 10 or so seasons, you should get a fair idea.

Cheers mate, will do :thumbsu:

No family roots in England? Join your Dees brother and support Spurs. Traditions of playing exciting, attacking football. Lovely colours. Not full of complete moos like Cruyff's mob. What more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back