Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I occasionally go onto our Website looking up the past players news and really pleased that Daniel Cross is well entrenched with the group.

Among those that deserved a premiership medal and is part of the NMFC conditioning team.

Wasn't sure where to put this, as I couldn't find a general non-footy off-topic thread but anyway, wanted to invite any Doggies over to to a game I'm running over in another section of the forums.

If you've ever played any of the social deduction games that are pretty popular these days (ie the party game Mafia or the variations of Werewolves or the online game Town of Salem), it's similar to those but adapted for forums. Basically there's a day phase and night phase each 24 hours with most of the action/discussion happening during the day phase.

There is a nice little community of people over there that play in the games we run pretty often. There's strategy, there's banter, there's competitiveness, there's melts and it's mostly a lot of fun.

The game will start Sunday evening and runs for about 4 or 5 days and if you're interested you can sign up in this thread, which also includes more details on the rules and how the game works:

Can someone explain to me how it's 2024 and we don't have a Libba bobblehead yet?
dbf64d80007e8fb859129ee77fa70b25.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Concussion and/or legal cases involving the WB might merit a thread of their own at some stage.
But for now I'll just put this here. It's an interesting move from the AFL and one that might actually help us for once.

The AFL is seeking to have all matters dealt with in a single class action, and produced a table for the court highlighting the similarities between the various actions.

Nothing against Bullgod Picko BTW. He put his body on the line over and over again for the club. I hope he gets all the support and professional treatment he needs.

Last edited:
Not Bulldogs specific, but Western suburbs,vale Les.

He was a great Bulldogs man Geoff and played a big role in the Fightback campaign in 1989.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In honour of probably VDMs best game in a dogs shirt. Can you think of any other Dogs players that were generally thought to not be up to it early on, and then managed to carve out a decent career?

In honour of probably VDMs best game in a dogs shirt. Can you think of any other Dogs players that were generally thought to not be up to it early on, and then managed to carve out a decent career?
Eagleton comes to mind.

Matthew Boyd?

Lindsay Gilbee, and in a roundabout way - Liam Jones

Matthew Boyd?
Yeah, I agree. This is usually always my answer when this question pops up.

As a kid, I had the 2002 team poster on my wall. Matthew Boyd was in the front row next to Leigh Harrison. I recall telling a few of my teammates at the time that Matthew Boyd is the worst player on our list and Leigh Harrison would be a star.

In hindsight, I couldn't have been further from the truth. And I really only made that observation after watching a couple of Werribee's matches in the VFL.

The king of quick turnarounds after a very slow start has to be Tony Liberatore.

18 senior games (4, 12, 1, 1) and a heap of reserve games in 4 years under Mick Malthouse.

At that point, most Dogs fans had him pegged as severely limited and lucky to still be on the list.

Then Wheels comes in and recognises an on ball beast. A Brownlow first year in and included in the Team of the Century.

The king of quick turnarounds after a very slow start has to be Tony Liberatore.

18 senior games (4, 12, 1, 1) and a heap of reserve games in 4 years under Mick Malthouse.

At that point, most Dogs fans had him pegged as severely limited and lucky to still be on the list.

Then Wheels comes in and recognises an on ball beast. A Brownlow first year in and included in the Team of the Century.
And the fastest recovery on record from an ACL!

Of the current crop Bailey Dale is another. Though he benefited from the switch in position. Took him until his 7th year to nail down a regular game.

Mitch Hahn
Easton Wood
Peter Foster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back