Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Anyone heard anything about Sam Darcy?

Has he just been stuck in the gym?
Nothing injury related but I've seen him around at a couple of games. He was on the field at the Blues game kicking the footy for a half time stunt. At least we know he exists. He is absolutely ginormous in person.

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
One thing I am not sure about and would appreciate the thoughts of others on is our player development. Is it a real thing? Is our clubs better than other clubs? In a professional program all players should improve- practice makes perfect. It seems to me that the players who develop best are those with the most talent to begin with. Many posters are saying Gardner for example is lmproving. This may well be true but is this due to something our club is doing especially or just the practice opportunities he is getting. For every Gardner, Morris or M Boyd that you can throw up as an example of our clubs excellent development program thee is, imo, a Butler Hayes, Howard or Porter who arrive with the same level of performance they leave with. Which gets me to the theory that good drafting is all important and player development is minor at best.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surely, the not to move on the mark rules needs changing. If a player with the balls feigns to handball and a player moves arms or feet sideways this a reflex action and should not be a 50 metre penalty. It is becoming an unfair tactic to draw a 50 metre penalty and is not in the spirit of the game.

Last edited:

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surely, the not to move on the mark rules needs changing. If a player with the balls feigns to handball and a player moves arms or feet sideways this a reflex action and should not be a 50 metre penalty. It is becoming an unfair tactic to draw a 50 metre penalty and is not in the spirit of the game.
Agree totally. To me it’s like ducking the head to draw high contact. It may be within the rules of the game but not within the spirit.
The rule should be amended so that the moment the player motions off the line it is considered “ play on “ whether or not the umpire has called play on.

Tom Boyd is now a father - congrats.

Finally can rightfully wear the dad mo

Attachments

• 670D607F-64A4-41F2-B646-8A8701AF9409.jpeg
    670D607F-64A4-41F2-B646-8A8701AF9409.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 73

Philthy1

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is it just me or does our BF board seem a lot more subdued this year? Maybe it reflects our team's start to the year...

Thinking about buying another one, Fossie?
Yes its closed now but I got the JJ one! Was bidding on the Toby one but someone was too keen on it :) The Flea one was only about $600 this morning, $1000 10 min or so before the final bid and ended up $2000!

sruss

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Howdy friends. Found a stack of old local newspapers from 1993 in my mum’s cupboard earlier today and have found that I’m now obsessed with reading the sports reports from nearly 30 years ago. Hope some of you find this article about Footscray seconds defeating Essendon seconds as cool as I did. Shoutout your couch who picked up 1 vote according to Neil Branch.
32FFDFA8-DE6E-4E3F-B0BF-4F38E8B601EF.jpeg

lateniter

All Australian
Oct 9, 2012
NSW Hunter Valley
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Norwood, East Perth, Spurs, 49ers
I was pissed off today to see we'd been sucked into a Josh Fraudenberg election stunt.
It's being proudly displayed on the Western Bulldogs website.
There he is, struggling in his own distant and well-heeled electorate and unable to speak there because he's hated so much, dobbing a few pills around Whitten Oval and saying how wonderful the west is.
Fraudenberg has been caught illegally using charities to support him, like the Guide Dogs.
This is not too different. Pictures show our smiling team standing with Josh.
Are we too scared to say no? Giddily impressed by the Treasurer coming to our club?
I strongly disapprove and have emailed the club accordingly.

I was pissed off today to see we'd been sucked into a Josh Fraudenberg election stunt.
It's being proudly displayed on the Western Bulldogs website.
There he is, struggling in his own distant and well-heeled electorate and unable to speak there because he's hated so much, dobbing a few pills around Whitten Oval and saying how wonderful the west is.
Fraudenberg has been caught illegally using charities to support him, like the Guide Dogs.
This is not too different. Pictures show our smiling team standing with Josh.
Are we too scared to say no? Giddily impressed by the Treasurer coming to our club?
I strongly disapprove and have emailed the club accordingly.

Eh. Don't worry about it. We slapped each others backs, laughed & stuck our finger up as soon as he turned his back and walked out the gates.

Seth Meyers Laughing GIF by Saturday Night Live

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
New career for Easton, moving into documentaries

Thankyou for that, SO82, so moving, not only because of the devastation of WW!, but the old Call. Playing footy in the Old Dart ?. It may (or may not) be of interest that there is an annual Australian Rules game between Oxford and Cambridge. Oxford usually wins because of its Australian Rhodes Scholars. In 1976 Mike Fitzpatrick played and dominated. It's Oxford = Demons and Cambridge = Bulldogs. Go, Cambridge.

Anyone who might be interested in post WW1 pop culture might consider

Last edited:
Back