Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I was pissed off today to see we'd been sucked into a Josh Fraudenberg election stunt.
It's being proudly displayed on the Western Bulldogs website.
There he is, struggling in his own distant and well-heeled electorate and unable to speak there because he's hated so much, dobbing a few pills around Whitten Oval and saying how wonderful the west is.
Fraudenberg has been caught illegally using charities to support him, like the Guide Dogs.
This is not too different. Pictures show our smiling team standing with Josh.
Are we too scared to say no? Giddily impressed by the Treasurer coming to our club?
I strongly disapprove and have emailed the club accordingly.
Take comfort in the fact that the second most senior politician in the federal government needs to trot out these stunts to put a human face on a struggling campaign. One that shouldn't be close to being in doubt, but is shaping as this elections Bennelong moment. Assuming that Scott Morrison doesn't upstage them both in the Division of Cook. No amount of soft pr at our club will translate to votes where they count in the electorate of Kooyong. Indeed its likely to be about as effective as Essingtons midfield was on the weekend.

Personally I dont understand why he bothered, nor do I understand why people are so up in arms about it. Its not like it dominated the election narrative, given it was barely a blip on anybodies radar that if not for Bigfooty would've completely passed me by.

Hey all, my son and I have away game access with our memberships. However, for every away game they always provide me with 4 tickets instead of 2. Is this correct and does it happen with anyone else?

Hey all, my son and I have away game access with our memberships. However, for every away game they always provide me with 4 tickets instead of 2. Is this correct and does it happen with anyone else?

4 tickets or 4 barcode numbers? You would be able to change 4 tickets to 2 on the ticketing website wouldn't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have 2 memberships but they sent me 4 tickets in my Bulldogs app wallet. On Tuesday they also texted me 4 barcodes

I only have home tickets, but we've got to use different barcodes for home & away, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

ScragCity what was the name of that style of argument you mentioned last year. Higher ground fortress...come down to a lower area to fight and then retreat to fortress etc. English in origin IIRC. Castle something maybe?
Had occasion to call it out recently and couldn't remember the bloody name of it.....one that got away

ScragCity what was the name of that style of argument you mentioned last year. Higher ground fortress...come down to a lower area to fight and then retreat to fortress etc. English in origin IIRC. Castle something maybe?
Had occasion to call it out recently and couldn't remember the bloody name of it.....one that got away

Motte and Bailey!

Ah yes (kicks self). I was embroiled in argument with a feminist who kept retreating to you are a misogynist when it was inoffensive chauvinism all along

Like this post if you feel sorry for Essendon supporters.
That Sucks The Office GIF

Any suggestions for best place in the inner west to watch game tomorrow with doggy supporters? Meal & comfy viewing preferred.
I love going to the Sporting Globe at Watergardens but it's not a 'Bulldogs pub' which is probably what you're after for a more passionate atmosphere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back