Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree up to a point Draft Pick but don't forget that Cameron had s... on the liver in missing out on the Dogs coaching job and, more significantly, conspired behind our backs to secure Griffen. That softens any sympathy I might have had for the bloke, who, without doubt, was one of our greats.
1. Nothing wrong with someone being disappointed in missing out on a job they had coveted for some time. Don't think he has ever publicly bagged the club.

2. As coach of GWS it is his job to do the best for his club, anyway Griffen leaving has turned out great as it enabled Boyd to come to the club. We were talking to Tom at the same time they were talking to Griff.

Cameron must have known the damage he was doing in secretly negotiating with the then current captain of his old club. As for our club's talks with big Tom's management, we were looking to the following year to recruit him. It was only when Griffen ratted on the club, after promising to stay, that Boydy, through his manager Pickering, came into the equation. Choose to see it as you like mate but you won't convince me that Cameron is some great bloke, whatever his past contributions to our club.

Cameron must have known the damage he was doing in secretly negotiating with the then current captain of his old club. As for our club's talks with big Tom's management, we were looking to the following year to recruit him. It was only when Griffen ratted on the club, after promising to stay, that Boydy, through his manager Pickering, came into the equation. Choose to see it as you like mate but you won't convince me that Cameron is some great bloke, whatever his past contributions to our club.
If Griffen hadn't left, Macca wouldn't have left, and we wouldn't have Bevo and Toyd and we wouldn't have a flag. It was crap at the time but look how it's all turned out. We can afford to forgive.

Wasn't Griff talking to Sydney until the AFL sat on them and then he talked to GWS? Let's not let our anger get in the way of the facts.
But wasn't it all because of general player discontent with Macca? Would Griffen have thought of leaving under, say, Eade? He was a reluctant captain as well. This was his way of dealing with it, right or wrong.

One day I hope we hear the full story...

I agree DRU, I would imagine Griff will be interviewed by Mike Sheahan on the couch and the story will come out.

I didn't feel so angry towards Griff when I saw the tears in that game at Etihad against us. I have met him a few times and he always seemed to love the club, so something drastic must have happened.

I agree DRU, I would imagine Griff will be interviewed by Mike Sheahan on the couch and the story will come out.

I didn't feel so angry towards Griff when I saw the tears in that game at Etihad against us. I have met him a few times and he always seemed to love the club, so something drastic must have happened.

Both you boys are right. I think we have all moved on , made all that much easier after the ride we have just been on.
But I could never dislike Griff , someone pushed him over the edge . No doubt the former coach has his prints all over it.
My guess is he was expected to bash and crash , that seemed to be more the case his last year or two with us ,and the coach may have lacked empathy given Griff has a chronic back problem.
My beef is he had to play for the most unlikable bunch of a-------- in the competition.

My beef is he had to play for the most unlikable bunch of a-------- in the competition.
Maybe it was all a bulldog conspiracy to bring GWS down from the inside.

In the secret meeting between Tom Boyd and Peter Gordon, a shadowy hunchbacked figure emerged and said "I'm well past my best, but I've still got great trade value. How about I head up there, they send Tom back the other way and they significantly overpay me for the next few years while I stink it up. Boydy and I get loads of money, the dogs get a gun key forward and the Giants lose a gun key forward and use up a fair bit of cap space. Win-win-win, hey?"

I'm not the least bit grateful to Griffen for what eventuated.

He was in a leadership position and instead he behaved like a child, burning an organisation and people that had given him everything.

Wish him all the best with his life and headspace, but I'm glad he's amounted to nothing in orange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Johnson part-time forwards coach with Geelong and Barry Hall working with Gold Coast's key position players. Good luck to both of them (although disappointed Baz isn't taking a role like that with us...).

Brad Johnson part-time forwards coach with Geelong and Barry Hall working with Gold Coast's key position players. Good luck to both of them (although disappointed Baz isn't taking a role like that with us...).
So the Geelong forwards will be smiling even at funerals and the
Gold Coast forwards will be punching the suitcase out of the
whole competition, great.

Johnson lives in Geelong (Newtown), has written for the Geelong Addy and done work with K-rock. He's probably looking for a career somewhere, he's at Foxfooty and has some sort of junior program going too. He is a quality person and as we've seen with Bevo, character is paramount.

would anyone take a certain premiership in 2017, if it meant we couldn't win in 2018 or 2019?
Sounds like the sort of question that James Hird would ask......

Just because we managed to turn the situation into a positive doesn't mean I'm ever going to forgive cyclops, he can get stuffed

I agree.

If a stranger ran you over while talking on their phone, and the hospital visit revealed a malignant tumor that would have otherwise gone unnoticed, do you forgive the person that ran you over? What if the driver wasn't a stranger, but was a friend that did it on purpose? Just because it made us decide to get into gear and become a serious football club, doesn't mean we should be forgiving those who deliberately screwed us.

Sounds like the sort of question that James Hird would ask......
Asked by a guy with the name "Substance"

latest

Johnson lives in Geelong (Newtown), has written for the Geelong Addy and done work with K-rock. He's probably looking for a career somewhere, he's at Foxfooty and has some sort of junior program going too. He is a quality person and as we've seen with Bevo, character is paramount.

Newtown?

Did his "great mate" Smithy move too?

After we played GWS in 2015, I was no longer angry at Griffen. Rather I pitied him when I saw him out there especially after he kicked a goal but looked absolutely miserable afterwards.
Yeah this is where I am at. I agree he still totally did us wrong, but after seeing him look miserable and us winning the flag I can't bring myself to hate him anymore. Not buying him a beer anytime soon though either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back