Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Yojimbo trying go be the official stats man? Bring back WallyStringhaus or whatever his name was.
Sorry ScragCity in my life i have never been a supporter of a
reigning premier until this year so i could not help looking for
some statistical areas that helped explain it all. I was about
to post some more statistics, but as they are freely
available on the Western Bulldogs site people can look them
up themselves. Yojimbo out !

Speaking generally, Family law would suggest the lower earning female with a high earning male partner will be set up for life financially getting around 70% of the males assets plus ongoing child support. And that is more than enough to afford a nanny... or two. ..hardly tough times compared to the rest of the population.

Interestingly how losing most of everything you have in a split and then where an ex-partner chooses to take their kids could influence a player's career choices though.

Brutal world but I wonder if interstate clubs are at the low point of offering ex partners with children of target players high paying jobs and low cost accommodation. Particularly if that player's ex partner is from that state.

Just a paranoid NY thought.
You are speaking generally, with a number of assumptions that women don't want to have careers themselves, but want to cash in on high earning men. My experience is that clever financial planning can minimise the amount of asetts that are distributed in the settlement through trust funds and other entities, and making a loss on paper effects child support also.

One case I was involved in was supporting a victim of family violence, who although her ex owned multiple GP clinics and was a multi-millionaire the finances were tied up in other family members names so she got no asetts and ended up living in public housing, getting $25 child support a week.

Also if the father repartners and has another family, child support reduces again, so very rare that mothers kick back and enjoy the good life with a nanny.

It saddens me to see this situation for both Abbey, Jake and the children and the fact they were so young having children. Having a second child is not doubling but tripling the workload. My experience of these types of situations is that things usually go ok until one re-partners and then things can get nasty, having another person in the lives of the children can bring out the worst in the other partner. I hope the club is supporting both of them through this really, really difficult time.

You are speaking generally, with a number of assumptions that women don't want to have careers themselves, but want to cash in on high earning men. My experience is that clever financial planning can minimise the amount of asetts that are distributed in the settlement through trust funds and other entities, and making a loss on paper effects child support also.

One case I was involved in was supporting a victim of family violence, who although her ex owned multiple GP clinics and was a multi-millionaire the finances were tied up in other family members names so she got no asetts and ended up living in public housing, getting $25 child support a week.

Also if the father repartners and has another family, child support reduces again, so very rare that mothers kick back and enjoy the good life with a nanny.

It saddens me to see this situation for both Abbey, Jake and the children and the fact they were so young having children. Having a second child is not doubling but tripling the workload. My experience of these types of situations is that things usually go ok until one re-partners and then things can get nasty, having another person in the lives of the children can bring out the worst in the other partner. I hope the club is supporting both of them through this really, really difficult time.

Not the place to discuss further - minefield IMO, other than to say that being able to afford child care gives a parent career choices so no assumptions made regarding female careers on my part.

Family splits are pretty much always difficult and I'd add private. Tricky if one partner chooses to make things public via social media if the other wishes for privacy. Even worse if the partner preferring privacy disagrees with the public partner - do they respond or say nothing? Tough.

Sorry ScragCity in my life i have never been a supporter of a
reigning premier until this year so i could not help looking for
some statistical areas that helped explain it all. I was about
to post some more statistics, but as they are freely
available on the Western Bulldogs site people can look them
up themselves. Yojimbo out !

Im just teasin' Yoji-bear. I like your stat posts.

With the continued moaning on the Swans board about the umpiring during the grand final I thought it best that I consult my history books and see if the result had changed and the past 3 months of drunken celebrations had been a figment of my imagination. Somewhat to my surprise the result is still the same.

winners.jpg

As I head out the door on my annual NYE adventures, I just wanted to say that youse guys have in equal parts informed, infuriated, bemused and amused me all year. I Look forward to doing it all again next year. CYA.

Go Dogs!

Cheap $105 one way flights to Perth for the Rd 8 clash with Jetstar.
If I wasn't so broke from football finals and Xmas I would be all over that.

Sadly I'm having to save up for this South Africa odyssey in June, but rest assured the return trip from Durban is heading to Sydney in time for the Thursday Nighter against Sydney.

With the continued moaning on the Swans board about the umpiring during the grand final I thought it best that I consult my history books and see if the result had changed and the past 3 months of drunken celebrations had been a figment of my imagination. Somewhat to my surprise the result is still the same.

View attachment 323601

As I head out the door on my annual NYE adventures, I just wanted to say that youse guys have in equal parts informed, infuriated, bemused and amused me all year. I Look forward to doing it all again next year. CYA.

Go Dogs!

hahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they actually sell more papers with the pies on it everyday?

I won't buy it if the pies or bombers are on front and or back page and surely there are many others like me

I'd pay for Collingwood toilet paper. Better yet Norf or Crows paper.

Love to have the yellow and black laid out when my Mad Tiges bro came to stay.

Imagine the sales for Trump toilet paper...

Now there's a marketing idea.

The very definition of random.

Gotta love the Hun.

Headline: 'Former Collingwood player...' - gotta keep the Pies count up. I'm surprised any newsworthy person who supports the Pies doesn't get the headline...'Pies fan.. convicted...wins lotto...gets a makeover...etc. '

Gotta love the Hun.

Headline: 'Former Collingwood player...' - gotta keep the Pies count up. I'm surprised any newsworthy person who supports the Pies doesn't get the headline...'Pies fan.. convicted...wins lotto...gets a makeover...etc. '

I thought they did!

How long have we had Sid as our mascot?
Does anyone know who our first mascot was?
I can remember Scragger, who I think was around in the late 1980s or during the 1990s.

I can remember Scragger, who I think was around in the late 1980s or during the 1990s.

He's actually only about four or five years old. The only other one that I remember was Butch who was the one that humped the Magpies mascot.

Apparently we used a committeeman's pet bulldog as a mascot in 1928, that'd probably be the first

There was one in the late 70s

No idea what it's name was but I remember seeing photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back