Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our superstar got injured and has missed most of the year. I hate watching Kearney and Blackburn work their asses off with no support. Take pick 1 and hopefully get a better list in 2018.
For the game against Carlton, the thread on their board had 255 posts and the one on ours had 13 :oops:

Twilight Grand Final this year it looks like.

Knew it was inevitable, but it still annoys me. I love the day GF.

Glad we got to see one in the traditional time slot at least.
We could be the first (and probably last) team to win consecutive grand finals in different timeslots. To go along with the first team to win from 7th. I like this who "First team to..." narrative we are building. :D

For the game against Carlton, the thread on their board had 255 posts and the one on ours had 13 :oops:
I started a few threads in the off-season but with no real activity I took all my discussion to the main AFL board and the women's footy board.

We really should have a dedicated sticky thread or even a sub-board like Carlton or Collingwood have to make it easier. The activity they have vs ours is pretty average on the two different boards...

I reckon Asics got the colours spot on in our new jumper. But there are many critics that say the hoops are just too low now, and I have to agree with them.

If any are interested there is a solid article on Brendan McCartney out. Mostly about his reflections on the end of his time at the Dogs, his regrets, where he went wrong, and so on.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...d/news-story/422d31dcd1d52280d4e4a3da28622456
Just came on to post about this. Thoroughly enjoyed the article. Kudos and respect to Brendan to owning up and accepting mistakes that he made. He got a fair few things right during his time with us as well, but head coaching might just be too much for his plate.

Sounds like he's doing a great job with the Dees young kids.

I can't cop the "McCartney did all the heavy lifting" angle but there's certainly plenty he can be credited with.

Nice that he's moved on and rediscovered his passion and ability to connect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So quite a few people now think Bob Murphy is a flog. I'm not understanding this POV, what have I missed?
Much like Goodes, when you have an opinion (any opinion) and are outspoken about it and are a sportsman people will hate you.
Let's just hope he doesn't get booed and the AFL don't Streisand effect it like the Goodes situation.

Let's just hope he doesn't get booed and the AFL don't Streisand effect it like the Goodes situation.
Uh oh this won't end well

125.gif

I can't cop the "McCartney did all the heavy lifting" angle but there's certainly plenty he can be credited with.

Nice that he's moved on and rediscovered his passion and ability to connect.
I'm fascinated by the reaction of many (mostly outsiders) to the Bulldogs recent success that it must imply Macca built a great foundation as compared with what would seem a more logical reaction of why was Bev able to get out of the side something that Macca couldn't. Agree with posts above that it's great he acknowledges he inability to empathise with players perhaps didn't get the best out the team and so he was the wrong fit at that time - particularly in comparison with Bev.

If any are interested there is a solid article on Brendan McCartney out. Mostly about his reflections on the end of his time at the Dogs, his regrets, where he went wrong, and so on

IMO McCartney is limited to assistant and development coaching. He might improve and be a senior coach again one day, but he was found out pretty quickly when coaching on matchday.

All good, it's water under the bridge and he was influential on the development of some of our young kids.

Much like Goodes, when you have an opinion (any opinion) and are outspoken about it and are a sportsman people will hate you.
What has he been outspoken about lately?

IMO McCartney is limited to assistant and development coaching. He might improve and be a senior coach again one day, but he was found out pretty quickly when coaching on matchday.

All good, it's water under the bridge and he was influential on the development of some of our young kids.

He was old when we picked him. We replaced an ageing coach with one the same age and a lot less experience.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back