Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stepped away from my role with the AFL itself. Transitioned into other job opportunities. Still involved with the AIS up here, but unlikely I'll see any of Dal at all. Pannalaroz might be your best point of contact there I believe.
We have someone who lives up there, just won the ACT 100m and 200m aths championships. Sarah Blizzard, comes from down this way.

What a depressing, joyless, snitchy and unwelcoming place this board has become. I don't always agree with immortalmike but mate, I do understand your disaffection right now.

I don't blame the mods - most of the decline is beyond their control. It's all of us. I wonder whether it's an unwritten law of the dynamics of social media that forums like this will inevitably be sucked into a downward spiral by the less attractive elements of human nature. And in doing so, alienate those who had come with bright spirits, good will and a love of all things Bulldog. It might even be that it's only a minority of posters, but when they reach critical mass (maybe 10% ... 20%?) they drag the whole place down. Or is this just me? Who knows.

I recently took about 6 weeks off BF and scarcely missed the place. Admittedly it was off-season. I only came back to see if there was much news of how we were going in the pre-season (there wasn't).

There are quite a few exceptions to the above and you should know who you are. Thank you for your positive contributions and being a ray of sunshine.

I'm not signing off completely. I'll continue to post if I have something to offer that I think is of interest. And I'll probably post a bit more when the season begins.

I don't need consoling. I just wanted to say why you won't be hearing as much from me for a while: it's simply that it's not much fun any more.

I'm honestly kinda done with it also; I'm starting to keep mostly to WOOF or another website when I want to talk footy.

Wondering if in Thailand's national sport.? If the Lady boys have a different division ,in mai thai Boxing. Or sense prevails and it depends on weight.There is always one bigger child, on the children's sport ground l suppose.,

I usually forcibly ban myself from bigfooty during the summer months by asking Chief to put my account in dormant mode. I recommend it. A football board with no football is bound to turn to shite. Especially when you follow our lovely but secretive organisation

I usually forcibly ban myself from bigfooty during the summer months by asking Chief to put my account in dormant mode. I recommend it. A football board with no football is bound to turn to shite. Especially when you follow our lovely but secretive organisation

I think it’s amusing that some of the worst posters on here actually think others are bad, more than happy to admit I’m not great but it’s laughable to see one of these blokes sooking when they are just as bad as anyone else lol

Last edited:
AFLW founder Susan Alberti denied entry to Whitten Oval | Herald Sun

Anyone know anything about this?

Can't crack the paywall, unfortunately.
AFLW founder Susan Alberti denied entry to Whitten Oval
Michael Warner, Herald Sun
39 minutes ago
Subscriber only
TWO of the Western Bulldog’s biggest names are at war.

Former vice-president Susan Alberti and current head honcho Peter Gordon will sit down for what is expected to be a tense meeting after Ms Alberti was turned away from the ground she has called home for more than six decades.

The female footy trailblazer said she was “sad and humiliated” after being denied entry to the Whitten Oval for last night’s Dogs-Blues match.

It was the second time this season she has been turned away from the club that has benefited from $4 million of her money.

SUSAN ALBERTI KEEPS PROVING WHY SHE’S BEST ON GROUND

ff21378daf950a283ed6d710932a0fca

AFLW trailblazer Susan Alberti shows her support during the round one AFLW match between the Western Bulldogs and the Fremantle Dockers. picture: Michael Dodge/Getty Images
93842e9517d8a3782a710c753e858fd6

Susan Alberti. Picture: Michael Klein
b2e194b177dd11e0389c9c110a386ee9

Susan Alberti with Katie Brennan. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
“I’m sad, extremely disappointed, but most of all humiliated,” Alberti told the Herald Sun.

“I can’t believe it’s happened at my home of 66 years — that place is a part of my life.

“But I will continue to love and support the Western Bulldogs.”

Dogs and Blues fans watched in disbelief as the woman credited with driving the creation of the national women’s competition was turned away about an hour before the opening bounce.

The Whitten Oval main gate is used for entry by players, club officials, league officials and media, not the general public.

Bulldogs president Peter Gordon shot back today saying he regretted Ms Alberti had vented to the media and he would seek to meet with her privately.

“I stand by the policies and actions of our staff and management. No-one was excluded from the Whitten Oval last night,” he said.

“It is still my hope and judgment that the matter is best resolved by a frank discussion between me and Sue, and the club will make no further comment until after that meeting has taken place.”

HOW SUSAN ALBERTI HELPED SAVE THE WESTERN BULLDOGS FROM EXTINCTION

c3c876033c7361f90e9b8e24777db71a

It’s understood Mr Gordon has now asked Ms Alberti for a peace meeting so the pair can ‘frankly discuss’ the issue.

Alberti, 70, was a Bulldogs director for 12 years, vice-president for three years and has donated more than $4 million of her own money to the club.

Staff told the Bulldogs patron she wasn’t on the official list to enter through the club’s main entrance. But Alberti told the Herald Sun: “I have always entered through there.”

Alberti was with her husband, Colin North and long-time friend Elda Basso.

AFLW boss Nicole Livingstone and AFL staff were made aware of the incident after joining Alberti for a radio interview inside the ground.

She was named 2017 Melburnian of the Year and was appointed as a Companion of the Order of Australia in 2016 for “eminent service to the community, particularly through philanthropic and fundraising support”.

The Dogs smashed Carlton by 73-points with Brooke Lochland bagging a league-record seven goals.

She famously took on and beat The Footy Show in a 2009 defamation case and was made a life member of the Western Bulldogs two years ago.

AFLW founder Susan Alberti denied entry to Whitten Oval
Michael Warner, Herald Sun
39 minutes ago
Subscriber only
TWO of the Western Bulldog’s biggest names are at war.

Former vice-president Susan Alberti and current head honcho Peter Gordon will sit down for what is expected to be a tense meeting after Ms Alberti was turned away from the ground she has called home for more than six decades.

The female footy trailblazer said she was “sad and humiliated” after being denied entry to the Whitten Oval for last night’s Dogs-Blues match.

It was the second time this season she has been turned away from the club that has benefited from $4 million of her money.

SUSAN ALBERTI KEEPS PROVING WHY SHE’S BEST ON GROUND

ff21378daf950a283ed6d710932a0fca

AFLW trailblazer Susan Alberti shows her support during the round one AFLW match between the Western Bulldogs and the Fremantle Dockers. picture: Michael Dodge/Getty Images
93842e9517d8a3782a710c753e858fd6

b2e194b177dd11e0389c9c110a386ee9

Susan Alberti with Katie Brennan. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
“I’m sad, extremely disappointed, but most of all humiliated,” Alberti told the Herald Sun.

“I can’t believe it’s happened at my home of 66 years — that place is a part of my life.

“But I will continue to love and support the Western Bulldogs.”

Dogs and Blues fans watched in disbelief as the woman credited with driving the creation of the national women’s competition was turned away about an hour before the opening bounce.

The Whitten Oval main gate is used for entry by players, club officials, league officials and media, not the general public.

Bulldogs president Peter Gordon shot back today saying he regretted Ms Alberti had vented to the media and he would seek to meet with her privately.

“I stand by the policies and actions of our staff and management. No-one was excluded from the Whitten Oval last night,” he said.

“It is still my hope and judgment that the matter is best resolved by a frank discussion between me and Sue, and the club will make no further comment until after that meeting has taken place.”

HOW SUSAN ALBERTI HELPED SAVE THE WESTERN BULLDOGS FROM EXTINCTION

c3c876033c7361f90e9b8e24777db71a

It’s understood Mr Gordon has now asked Ms Alberti for a peace meeting so the pair can ‘frankly discuss’ the issue.

Alberti, 70, was a Bulldogs director for 12 years, vice-president for three years and has donated more than $4 million of her own money to the club.

Staff told the Bulldogs patron she wasn’t on the official list to enter through the club’s main entrance. But Alberti told the Herald Sun: “I have always entered through there.”

Alberti was with her husband, Colin North and long-time friend Elda Basso.

AFLW boss Nicole Livingstone and AFL staff were made aware of the incident after joining Alberti for a radio interview inside the ground.

She was named 2017 Melburnian of the Year and was appointed as a Companion of the Order of Australia in 2016 for “eminent service to the community, particularly through philanthropic and fundraising support”.

The Dogs smashed Carlton by 73-points with Brooke Lochland bagging a league-record seven goals.

She famously took on and beat The Footy Show in a 2009 defamation case and was made a life member of the Western Bulldogs two years ago.

Thanks, HBG.

Man, I hope this is a storm in a tea cup...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That headline is as terrible as one could expect from the media.

The real headline would be that Alberti was not placed on (or taken off?) what is essentially the VIP list, making her enter the ground like a commoner. Which is still potentially an issue, and suggests some troubling tensions...But the actual event wasn't as draconian as the headline makes it out to be.

Hopefully AlbertiGate is just because the Old Media have nothing else to report. There must be a protocol for Legends/Life Members and their guests to access facilities rather than going through the GA gates. Would it be that a 457 visa security guard not knowing who Susan was and that it escalated from there to a point of no return? Not saying it did, just hypothesis.

Hopefully AlbertiGate is just because the Old Media have nothing else to report. There must be a protocol for Legends/Life Members and their guests to access facilities rather than going through the GA gates. Would it be that a 457 visa security guard not knowing who Susan was and that it escalated from there to a point of no return? Not saying it did, just hypothesis.

JESUS I’m so glad I didn’t say this

Lol lemmings attack!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back