Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne are a better team moving the ball forward and overall when Hogan isn't playing imo.

He leads so well, they kick it to him.... but he slows down play because he can't find another option further forward.

They are better off when he isn't there as they kick forward more aggressively to try and compensate.

"Hoping" we move up the ladder next year. Like Kingy's optimism.

It's the small things too that give some sense we are heading in the right direction.

When a bit of rough stuff occurs Lynch is always there to fly the flag and remonstrate. Great Stuff.

"Hoping" we move up the ladder next year. Like Kingy's optimism.

It's the small things too that give some sense we are heading in the right direction.

When a bit of rough stuff occurs Lynch is always there to fly the flag and remonstrate. Great Stuff.
Your BF username just got a whole lot more currency this year!
Smart moving just making it SPower. ;)

Your BF username just got a whole lot more currency this year!
Smart moving just making it SPower. ;)
No, Truely it is Stephen Power - I am one of the Bulldogs Best ever players. Sorry not to be confused with current management,
Cheers
Regards
Stephen

Got a meeting with Gia on monday.....

giphy.gif

Was privileged enough to spend some time with former Bulldog player and St.Kilda legend Nicky Winmar today.

I live in a community with a large indigenous population and the work he is doing with some of these young fellas is phenomenal.

Could not have been more impressed with the man, full of class, dignity and respect and very praiseworthy towards his time with the Dogs. Fortunately for me he will be spending more and more time in the area so I will get to know him even better!

Foreign Legion and Best Player:

Adelaide: 9 Players, Best Player- Eddie Betts
Brisbane: 11 Players, Best Player- Stefan Martin
Carlton: 19 Players, Best Player- Sam Docherty
Collingwood: 12 Players, Best Player- Jack Crisp
Essendon: 11 Players, Best Player- Brendon Goddard
Fremantle: 7 Players, Best Player- Nathan Wilson
Geelong: 9 Players, Best Player- Patrick Dangerfield
GWS: 11 Players, Best Player- Callan Ward
Gold Coast: 11 Players, Best Player- Jarrod Harbrow
Hawthorn: 11 Players, Best Player- Shaun Burgoyne
Melbourne: 12 Players, Best Player- Jake Melksham
North Melbourne: 9 Players, Best Player- Shaun Higgins
Port Adelaide: 12 Players, Best Player- Paddy Ryder
Richmond: 8 Players, Best Player- Bachar Houli
St Kilda: 13 Players, Best Player- Tim Membrey
Sydney: 4 Players, Best Player- Lance Franklin
West Coast: 7 Players, Best Player- Josh Kennedy
Western Bulldogs: 7 Players, Best Player- Tom Boyd

So Carlton are a destination club or a sewage treatment plant for the West of Sydney
speaking of Sydney only four players in total, but an extensive list of gun rookies.

Foreign Legion and Best Player:

Adelaide: 9 Players, Best Player- Eddie Betts
Brisbane: 11 Players, Best Player- Stefan Martin
Carlton: 19 Players, Best Player- Sam Docherty
Collingwood: 12 Players, Best Player- Jack Crisp
Essendon: 11 Players, Best Player- Brendon Goddard
Fremantle: 7 Players, Best Player- Nathan Wilson
Geelong: 9 Players, Best Player- Patrick Dangerfield
GWS: 11 Players, Best Player- Callan Ward
Gold Coast: 11 Players, Best Player- Jarrod Harbrow
Hawthorn: 11 Players, Best Player- Shaun Burgoyne
Melbourne: 12 Players, Best Player- Jake Melksham
North Melbourne: 9 Players, Best Player- Shaun Higgins
Port Adelaide: 12 Players, Best Player- Paddy Ryder
Richmond: 8 Players, Best Player- Bachar Houli
St Kilda: 13 Players, Best Player- Tim Membrey
Sydney: 4 Players, Best Player- Lance Franklin
West Coast: 7 Players, Best Player- Josh Kennedy
Western Bulldogs: 7 Players, Best Player- Tom Boyd

So Carlton are a destination club or a sewage treatment plant for the West of Sydney
speaking of Sydney only four players in total, but an extensive list of gun rookies.
Interesting list. I see there are three ex-WB players there when the average per club would be obviously be one. However two of those were prised out with the sizable war chest of the expansion clubs when they were assembling their initial list, and the third was a player that the majority here were happy to see leave (but has now become AA at the age of 30).

Each player's case is different. We know that there was a go-home (or go-family) factor for Harbrow and of course the Callan Ward saga has been re-hashed many times here.

I don't think we should draw any conclusions about our list management from such a small sample but it does make intriguing reading. We are, for instance, one of only two clubs to have acquired a #1 draft pick this way.

Does anyone have a solid estimation as to who will inherit the mighty #14 from Clay Smith? Is Billy Gowers a chance? I just have to ask as the previous 14 is the reason my girlfriend is a Bulldogs member.... And boy do we now have a multitude of number 14 guernseys

Does anyone have a solid estimation as to who will inherit the mighty #14 from Clay Smith? Is Billy Gowers a chance? I just have to ask as the previous 14 is the reason my girlfriend is a Bulldogs member.... And boy do we now have a multitude of number 14 guernseys
Darce?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Rhylee West? It was Scott's original number

Having lunch at Barkers Cafe with my brother who is visiting from the states. Who walks by? Chris Grant. Talked to him and introduced him to my brother. My favorite player ever. I'm in heaven.

Aaron Naughton- Rising Star Nominee.
12 x Kicks, 6 x Handballs, 18 x Disposals, 9 x Marks, 1 x Tackle, 3 x Clangers,
4 x Rebound 50's, 1 x Free For, 1 x Free Against, 77 Pts AF, 96 Pts SC.

Taylin Duman- Non-Rising Star Nominee.
15 x Kicks, 9 x Handballs, 24 x Disposals, 8 x Marks, 7 x Tackles, 1 x Inside 50,
1 x Clearance, 1 x Clanger, 5 x Rebound 50's, 3 x Frees For, 118 Pts AF, 126 Pts SC.

You're Duman, unless of course they give it to Naughton based on fan anger. :oops:;)

Aaron Naughton- Rising Star Nominee.
12 x Kicks, 6 x Handballs, 18 x Disposals, 9 x Marks, 1 x Tackle, 3 x Clangers,
4 x Rebound 50's, 1 x Free For, 1 x Free Against, 77 Pts AF, 96 Pts SC.

Taylin Duman- Non-Rising Star Nominee.
15 x Kicks, 9 x Handballs, 24 x Disposals, 8 x Marks, 7 x Tackles, 1 x Inside 50,
1 x Clearance, 1 x Clanger, 5 x Rebound 50's, 3 x Frees For, 118 Pts AF, 126 Pts SC.

You're Duman, unless of course they give it to Naughton based on fan anger. :oops:;)
They have always said they base it on consistency over a period of time not always just that week.

Watched a new ABC show 'Back in Very Small Business' last night. There is a minor character Jordy Sutton, who plays for the Western Bulldogs, and a scene shot at Whitten Oval. Show itself not bad, comedy genre.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caroline Wilson on changes to Footy Show and Barrett:

[https://www]

Toggle navigationToggle navigationOpen search

LISTEN LIVE

SPORT

CAROLINE WILSON TIPS A MASSIVE DEPARTURE FROM THE AFL FOOTY SHOW

Sep 7, 2018

[https://d2nzqyyfd6k6c7]

A new-look AFL Footy Show will go to air next year without its iconic star Sam Newman, says Caroline Wilson.

“I don’t reckon Sam Newman will be on the show,” Caro told FIVEaa. “We know Rebecca Maddern won’t be on the show. And we know it’s going to be a completely new show but we believe Eddie McGuire will be the host.”
“I would imagine though that Damian Barrett will probably not be on the Footy Show next year. I think he’s looking to do some other stuff with his journalistic career. That would be my prediction.”

Caro said reports of a blow up between Barrett and McGuire over a Collingwood story before last week’s show were more than just theatre.

“Neither man backed down. Damian ended up not going on the show, he stood his ground over the story but never ended up going on air and doing it. Things got incredibly heated.
“I think it’s an interesting indication of where things are at the moment.”

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Caroline Wilson on changes to Footy Show and Barrett:

[https://www]

Toggle navigationToggle navigationOpen search

LISTEN LIVE

SPORT

CAROLINE WILSON TIPS A MASSIVE DEPARTURE FROM THE AFL FOOTY SHOW

Sep 7, 2018

[https://d2nzqyyfd6k6c7]

A new-look AFL Footy Show will go to air next year without its iconic star Sam Newman, says Caroline Wilson.

“I don’t reckon Sam Newman will be on the show,” Caro told FIVEaa. “We know Rebecca Maddern won’t be on the show. And we know it’s going to be a completely new show but we believe Eddie McGuire will be the host.”
“I would imagine though that Damian Barrett will probably not be on the Footy Show next year. I think he’s looking to do some other stuff with his journalistic career. That would be my prediction.”

Caro said reports of a blow up between Barrett and McGuire over a Collingwood story before last week’s show were more than just theatre.

“Neither man backed down. Damian ended up not going on the show, he stood his ground over the story but never ended up going on air and doing it. Things got incredibly heated.
“I think it’s an interesting indication of where things are at the moment.”

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
lol Damo.

So, Eddie is host, no Newman. no token, no bin scab... Who wants to be a millionaire has a new time slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back