Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Benedict Cumberbatch movie is called The Power of the Dog.

Surely a sign!

View attachment 1236494
Didn't think they'd make a biopic of our list manager. At least not yet. ;)

The casting of DC isn't too bad though. Not many actors have the eyes needed for the role.

1631794315167.png
1631794150403.png

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m sitting in the park in Koroit with the kids and a young bloke turns up to do some exercises with a Bulldogs next generation academy training shirt on - No 33 & Hampden written on the back? I guess Hampden is the local league
Hampden is the local league. Koroit has won the past six senior flags. Hampden league is a top 6 league statewide as well. Koroit is a powerhouse in a powerhouse league.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Didn't think they'd make a biopic of our list manager. At least not yet. ;)

The casting of DC isn't too bad though. Not many actors have the eyes needed for the role.

View attachment 1237687 View attachment 1237683

DC dogwatch? Have you conflated BC, Marvel and DC, or is Mr Cumberbatch's real first name Dominic or Douglas, or Dougal perhaps, a-la Magic Roundabout?!

I noticed these jams and spreads in a local supermarket today. The brand name reminds me of a certain someone who unfortunately won't get to play in a grand final this year.

View attachment 1238528
Check the use-by date. They're probably past their best now.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is rhe right place for it, but Dogs (and Victorian) defender Charlie Evans passed away last Thursday (16th Sept).

Charlie was a member of our 1961 GF side.

Condolences to the Evans family.
He was my favourite player for a while 😕

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I just saw Fossie posted GDB's initial post in the 1961 GF team thread. Good man Charlie, we both worked at the State Bank of Victoria at the same time, saw him.once, otherwise heard stories about him. Too young to have seen him play (unlike these other fossils! :D), that 61 team is thinning out too. :(
Vale Charlie Evans 🔴⚪🔵

Yep, crazy stuff. Haven't felt anything like it in Melbourne before.

I did once probably 40 years ago and my dear old dad saw the statue of mary shake and rattle and he thought it was the second coming! My sister was down at Geelong or Torquay seeing Dragon play live!

Hope everyone's ok.

Did the earth move for you too?
I was lying in bed and felt my bed shake. I thought one of the kids had sneaked into my room, crawled under my bed and started shaking it.

Nek minute, my kids run into my room to ask why the house was shaking. By this stage I didn't really jerry as to what had caused the shaking.

As I was driving to get my morning coffee, I switched over to SEN and they were talking about an Earthquake. That's when two and two came together. Then I realised it was Josh Bruce talking about the Earthquake and I shed a tear about the realisation he wasn't a part of our finals campaign.

I was lying in bed and felt my bed shake. I thought one of the kids had sneaked into my room, crawled under my bed and started shaking it.

Nek minute, my kids run into my room to ask why the house was shaking. By this stage I didn't really jerry as to what had caused the shaking.

As I was driving to get my morning coffee, I switched over to SEN and they were talking about an Earthquake. That's when two and two came together. Then I realised it was Josh Bruce talking about the Earthquake and I shed a tear about the realisation he wasn't a part of our finals campaign.

He's ok. Taking it well. Next year he said

I thought my bungalow was going to collapse it was shaking so much. I had just flushed the toilet and thought at first that maybe a pipe underneath had burst.

Poor Zsa Zsa is still hiding under the bed after an hour and a half.

My 2 didn't do anything. One was sitting on me, although the other was in the kennel up the backyard (which she never uses), so maybe she was in her doomsday prepper hut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back