Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His heart was in the right place - hope his facts have lined up since, lol!!
I had goat curry tonight from Glenroy. I guess I'm not a vegan, though I sometimes don't shave and don't have a shower for a couple of days when I know I'll be staying at home.

You get protein from heaps of sources lol!! How do you think vegetarians even survive? But you're right - he did play with a leather football.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Imagine being a vegan and Jewish as an American football player who throws a "pigskin". Oy vey. (I just read up on the origin of calling a football a "pigskin".)

I'm mostly vegetarian these days not vegan. I do hate cruelty and mistreatment of animals and want farmers and abattoirs who subject animals to inhumane conditions and treatment to be exposed. But I cannot stand the extreme types like what happened today, or that joke organization called PETA. All they have done is harmed their own cause and not earn any respect towards their cause. Just f wits on a power trip harassing many people who haven't even done anything wrong.

I'm mostly vegetarian these days not vegan. I do hate cruelty and mistreatment of animals and want farmers and abattoirs who subject animals to inhumane conditions and treatment to be exposed. But I cannot stand the extreme types like what happened today, or that joke organization called PETA. All they have done is harmed their own cause and not earn any respect towards their cause. Just f wits on a power trip harassing many people who haven't even done anything wrong.
I agree. I can't understand, when we are soooo close to getting something as large as the cruel live export trade banned. Even meat eaters hate this despicable trade and a lot of the general public would consider this in their voting choice. Why would take you take this devisive action so close to an election when we might actually achieve something for animals? You've just caused backlash. Just dumb and self serving. I can't help but think conspiracy theory - has a national party double agent infiltrated this action group and steered it in this direction? Completely OTT theory, but by God, anyone with a vested interest in the animal products industry will be jumping for joy over yesterdays action.

Serious post, I'm a graphic designer. I'm a bulldogs supporter. Who do I contact at the club to offer my services to drastically improve the state of our membership section of our website?

Surely nobody thinks that the attached is ok..

It makes us look cheap.

1554944918914.png

Serious post, I'm a graphic designer. I'm a bulldogs supporter. Who do I contact at the club to offer my services to drastically improve the state of our membership section of our website?

Surely nobody thinks that the attached is ok..

It makes us look cheap.

View attachment 652174

I would email Ameet Bain’s, he will get back to you. I wrote a letter a few years ago and he rang me.

Just to close with a smile: ABC Radio gardening program this morning, listener's question: "How can I stop vegans from eating my grass?"
"Blood and bone"

Probably not worth a thread, but pre-season people were rating Melbourne and Collingwood as the best midfields. Some opposition posters rated our midfield highly.

Do you guys reckon (apart from our ruckman), our midfield is better than anybody elses? I truly think it is. Libba is back and playing amazing footy. We're finally seeing an injury free Bont and Macrae is still getting his 30+ disposals week in week out. Our 2nd brigade is quite handy with Wallis, Dunks and McLean all very capable.

Guess we'll see how we stack up against the supposedly best midfield in the comp tomorrow night, the Pies.

Probably not worth a thread, but pre-season people were rating Melbourne and Collingwood as the best midfields. Some opposition posters rated our midfield highly.

Do you guys reckon (apart from our ruckman), our midfield is better than anybody elses? I truly think it is. Libba is back and playing amazing footy. We're finally seeing an injury free Bont and Macrae is still getting his 30+ disposals week in week out. Our 2nd brigade is quite handy with Wallis, Dunks and McLean all very capable.

Guess we'll see how we stack up against the supposedly best midfield in the comp tomorrow night, the Pies.
We'd have to be right up there - so far we are the best side for clearance differential. Of course, we've beaten 3 relatively weak midfields so far, but have been stomped in the ruck each time while still maintaining that advantage. Adding Libba to an already strong midfield would have to place us close to the top at this stage. I can see us winning the midfield battle tomorrow. In fact, a win basically hinges on that happening

Depth wise our list of inside mids match it with the best. In a real game we could be but it all depends on the combination we use. If we could arrange it to always have two of Bont, Macrae, Libba and Dunkley in the middle we should have a pretty good chance against the Pies. If it's only one of those plus Wallis, Smith, or a Gowers/Loyd type we could have a problem.

Outside mids are a huge weakness but it's inside where the real battle is won.

Depth wise our list of inside mids match it with the best. In a real game we could be but it all depends on the combination we use. If we could arrange it to always have two of Bont, Macrae, Libba and Dunkley in the middle we should have a pretty good chance against the Pies. If it's only one of those plus Wallis, Smith, or a Gowers/Loyd type we could have a problem.

Outside mids are a huge weakness but it's inside where the real battle is won.
We really struggle when Wallis, Gowers or Lloyd are starting in the centre, I don't know why we bother with it. Between Dunkley and McLean, that seems like plenty of coverage for the mids to have a rest, not sure why we persist with sub-standard midfielders who are far more dangerous up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In today's celebrity tipsters section of the Herald-Sun, Bill Shorten is tipping Collingwood to win by 218 points. Surely a misprint, or does Bill have it in for us?

In today's celebrity tipsters section of the Herald-Sun, Bill Shorten is tipping Collingwood to win by 218 points. Surely a misprint, or does Bill have it in for us?
Hope he didn't consult the impending treasurer!

Nine days between games. This week will be like the off-season!
Here's something to muse on while we wait for the footy to re-start.

The 2019 Time Capsule (locked until October) had 41 entries. Here's a breakdown of responses in some of the general AFL categories.

1555295714053.png

1555296121315.png

1555296283039.png

1555296476727.png

1555296821478.png

And here's some of the WB-specific categories:

1555297748362.png
Median Wins = 9 Average Wins 9.13

1555298242835.png
Median Ladder Position = 12th Average Ladder Position = 12.13

Membership:
Average of forecasts = 41,168
Median (and mode) = 41,654 ... hmmmm, I detect a bit of Fossie's influence there!

More later ...

I noticed yesterday during the Geelong vs Hawthorn game, and not for the first time, that whenever the camera showed the Hawthorn bench, there was Damian Monkhorst sitting with a phone in his hand, seemingly waiting for a voice to speak to him. I have seen Monkhorst in this position many times during Hawthorn games. He never seems to be speaking into the phone, but he obviously has a role to play. Do we have somebody at our club who would be doing something similar on our bench during every game? Perhaps Monkhorst catches my eye regularly because he was a well-known player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back