Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinegar Mess

Team Captain
Nov 18, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is the best construction site wall I've ever seen.
And the western suburbs erupt.jpg

No dietary pressure either.
Not for us, but I did have a bit of pressure for Richmond to lose Friday evening as I mentioned in the Non-Bulldog Footy Talk- Bulldogs Only thread:

Since we're not playing this weekend, I decided to have an unlucky meal for the Tigers. I ordered for the first time from Menulog. (Took forever for delivery.) Since I was cleaned out yesterday for the up-the-butt exam, I had plenty of spare space in my intestines and ordered a Whopper Hunger Tamers Box
1 x Whopper, 1 x BBQ Cheeseburger, 1 x Large Thick Cut Chips, 3 x 100% Chicken Breast Nuggets and 1 x Large Drink. I now feel ill so hope that rubs off on Richmond tonight.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...gs-only-part-3.1178497/page-256#post-61255873

And it worked!

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Am flying over to the round 14 game v Collingwood. Just went to get tickets did not realise apparently certain games are called dynamic games and the prices are increased meaning a $12 increase on what I paid last time and also you can’t use a concession in certain areas.
How long has this been happening for?
Seems purely a cash grab and also no wonder we don’t get the expected crowds at bigger games if the prices are jacked up.

Wouldn’t have thought us against anyone would be a dynamic game worthy of prices being increased.
Our replacement game. Means both teams members get in for free, expecting a bigger crowd.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm so deflated.

We currently have a near fully fit list apart from a couple injuries to solid players.

We have played Gold Coast, Carlton and North at home.

We were sitting 2-0 with huge wins over Sydney and Hawthorn.

Yet we are sitting 15th on the ladder with next to no hope of playing finals for the 3rd consecutive year.

The boys need to dig themselves out of this hole and it starts with a 40 point Carlton thrashing this week.

I actually worked on the '89 commemorative campaign and this was the runner up design. Even though it was a close run thing, the club as is its way didn't have the courage to go through with it. This will remain between us...right!?

89.jpg

Last edited:
I actually worked on the this commemorative campaign and this was the runner up design. Even though it was a close run thing, the club as is its way didn't have the courage to go through with it. This will remain between us...right!?

View attachment 690999
You haven't learned how to spell Gillon yet?

I actually worked on the '89 commemorative campaign and this was the runner up design. Even though it was a close run thing, the club as is its way didn't have the courage to go through with it. This will remain between us...right!?

View attachment 690999

Coulda gone with the Merge Oakley into Outer Space...

View attachment 690999
Want one!!!

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone know who the winner of the comp is?

Oh yeah...its me!

Just listened to the podcast. Nice work, mate. And i like how Bob touched on a few things that we have been mentioned on here regarding the carlton game and Ryan Garner getting a game.

:thumbsu:

Just listened to the podcast. Nice work, mate. And i like how Bob touched on a few things that we have been mentioned on here regarding the carlton game and Ryan Garner getting a game.

:thumbsu:

Thanks.
I honestly could have sat there all day talking to them. The 40 odd minutes was gone in a flash. I listened back to it last night and I was thinking I wish I'd expanded on that or that wasn't quite what I meant etc. there was no real run sheet, Chris had a few notes scribbled down and they asked me a few questions in general chit chat while we watched training and that's where most of the questions came from. It was a pretty amazing experience sitting up on the Mezzanine level with the great Bob Murphy in the beautiful June sunshine, looking over the Whitten Oval, watching a closed training session...not that I saw much!

It's really funny that when put on the spot to ask Bob anything you like, I had to ask him about the vibe of 2016 and his knee..I've thought afterwards of so many things that I could have asked him. You don't know what you can say so I was a bit careful...I loved the way when asked about how the other players felt about Ryan Gardener getting a game straight out of the VFL, he said try harder...I love that..the competitive beast still lives within

If they give someone else an opportunity, make sure you enter, I won't forget the experience ever

Never a good thing.

https://tinyurl.com/y3xj9kwm

Lin Jong to take mental health break
Jun 13, 2019 6:31PM

622859-tlslargeportrait.jpg

Lin Jong will take a short break from playing football while he manages his mental health.
Western Bulldogs utility Lin Jong will take a short break from playing football while he manages his mental health.
Lin will remain in the Bulldogs’ training program, without playing competitively during the next undetermined period of time.
“I felt it was important to be honest about how I have been feeling recently, and the Club has been an amazing support for me, along with my family and friends,” Jong said.
“The Club allowed me to spend a bit of time away from training, but I wanted to be around my team-mates and the football staff, so we decided I would continue to be part of the program without playing games for the time being.
“The environment at the Bulldogs allows players to be themselves and communicate openly, so I felt comfortable about speaking up.”
Jong has endured a torrid run with injuries over the last few seasons, which has robbed him of on-field continuity, including two broken collarbones, a fractured jaw and an ACL injury. This year alone he has dealt with a torn hamstring and a ruptured appendix.
“We applaud Lin for feeling brave and comfortable enough to speak up about managing his mental health. We have created a culture at the Bulldogs which encourages our players to confront any issues they might be dealing with, instead of suffering in silence,” said Bulldogs Director of Football, Chris Grant.
“Our duty is to ensure the health of our players is our priority, and Lin will be given the time and care he needs to work through this period. We are pleased that he wants to remain in our program and continue training.”
“Clearly, improving the impact of mental health amongst players is a responsibility the whole football industry shares. It’s encouraging to see players from many clubs having the courage to publicly address the issue so we can all continue to best support our players.”

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Never a good thing.

https://tinyurl.com/y3xj9kwm

Lin Jong to take mental health break
Jun 13, 2019 6:31PM

622859-tlslargeportrait.jpg

Lin Jong will take a short break from playing football while he manages his mental health.
Western Bulldogs utility Lin Jong will take a short break from playing football while he manages his mental health.
Lin will remain in the Bulldogs’ training program, without playing competitively during the next undetermined period of time.
“I felt it was important to be honest about how I have been feeling recently, and the Club has been an amazing support for me, along with my family and friends,” Jong said.
“The Club allowed me to spend a bit of time away from training, but I wanted to be around my team-mates and the football staff, so we decided I would continue to be part of the program without playing games for the time being.
“The environment at the Bulldogs allows players to be themselves and communicate openly, so I felt comfortable about speaking up.”
Jong has endured a torrid run with injuries over the last few seasons, which has robbed him of on-field continuity, including two broken collarbones, a fractured jaw and an ACL injury. This year alone he has dealt with a torn hamstring and a ruptured appendix.
“We applaud Lin for feeling brave and comfortable enough to speak up about managing his mental health. We have created a culture at the Bulldogs which encourages our players to confront any issues they might be dealing with, instead of suffering in silence,” said Bulldogs Director of Football, Chris Grant.
“Our duty is to ensure the health of our players is our priority, and Lin will be given the time and care he needs to work through this period. We are pleased that he wants to remain in our program and continue training.”
“Clearly, improving the impact of mental health amongst players is a responsibility the whole football industry shares. It’s encouraging to see players from many clubs having the courage to publicly address the issue so we can all continue to best support our players.”
I think this deserves a thread of it's own. Puts a lot of the horrible things people say into perspective. Hope he gets well. Seems like a ripper bloke.

I think this deserves a thread of it's own. Puts a lot of the horrible things people say into perspective. Hope he gets well. Seems like a ripper bloke.

He's a ripping bloke for sure.

Feel free to copy and paste the above and start a new thread.

Edit: Im not really interested in creating a thread that will inevitably descend into being used as a issue to point at perceived issues inside the club, like has already begun in the other thread discussing this news.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He's a ripping bloke for sure.

Feel free to copy and paste the above and start a new thread.

Edit: Im not really interested in creating a thread that will inevitably descend into being used as a issue to point at perceived issues inside the club, like has already begun in the other thread discussing this news.
Agree on all counts. Deserved a thread. Can see why its here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back