Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
By happenstance I discovered the original version of the club song, anyone else piss their pants when they heard it for the first time? will never be able to sing it in the club lyrics ever again.

From twitter :p

Gil on AW today was asked what he thought of the EK Whitten game. Said he hadn't seen it and that it's not an AwFL event. I thought maybe he should be interested in a fund raiser in the name of one of the game's greatest players.

Hope they improve on this year's event next time though.

Gil on AW today was asked what he thought of the EK Whitten game. Said he hadn't seen it and that it's not an AwFL event. I thought maybe he should be interested in a fund raiser in the name of one of the game's greatest players.

Safe to say we won't be awarding a Gillon McLachlan Medal to the best player, then.

I'm going to chip away at you and Leon :D
LOL I used to have original I HATE RICHMOND and I HATE COLLINGWOOD badges from the 80s. Remember how they used to sell them right outside of the train stations as you walked to the grounds? I lost both of them. My current ones are cheap knockoffs I got at Vic Market during one of my visits.

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Question for the older supporters (or those who have heard stories): How good was Herb Henderson and who would you compare him to

Question for the older supporters (or those who have heard stories): How good was Herb Henderson and who would you compare him to
Never saw him play (or was too young to appreciate the fact) but he was reputedly the only bloke who could handle John Coleman, who was possibly the best FF of all time.

Here's one link FYI (it includes the Coleman bit too):

I was also too young, but my father said Herb was the only FB who played the ball, instead of trying to smash him physically.
Apparently, physicality fired up Coleman.

Herb kept him goalless twice, I believe. The only times he failed to kick one. He never kicked more than 3 against Herb.

Don't know who to compare him with!

Shane Crawford and someone else want players playing in the finals games to tap each other on the bum throughout the games to raise money for prostate cancer. Er... might the players have something else to think about, Shane?

Never heard of anything so ridiculous.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

As good as Herb was, he was part of a unit of 6. In the last line, Wally Donald helped Herb out, while Dave Bryden took care of the “heavy” work. Whitten, Martin and Gallagher were a formidable half back line too. What we really missed for sustained success in the 50s was a genuine chf to work with Jack Collins. Sound familiar? We’ve rarely had 2 quality kpfs together in our VFL/AFL history.

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool

Did one of the radio people mistakenly call it the EK Whitten game (instead of EJ) or is that a typo on your behalf? Or was Gil the Dill the one who called it the EK Whitten game?

Did one of the radio people mistakenly call it the EK Whitten game (instead of EJ) or is that a typo on your behalf? Or was Gil the Dill the one who called it the EK Whitten game?
Hah my typo :)

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool

There was an elderly Footscray player on The Footy Show maybe last year or 2017. He had either just turned 80 or 90. At the end of the interview he was asked who was the greatest player he had seen. Instead of stating the obvious EJ, whom he said he did admire greatly, he chose Herb Henderson. Can't remember the old player's name. I just happened to be channel surfing at the time.

I'm hoping someone may be able to provide an expert opinion here...

For the second time in less than two years, I have received a nasty surprise with a hefty water bill.

Last time I applied to have a percentage of the bill waived by the water company, but I was unsuccessful because they told me the leak was detectable.

We've had a plumber come out this week and it was confirmed I did indeed have a leak. The leak was caused by a frost protection valve attached to a solar panel on our roof. This information is written in the report.

How am I likely to go in this situation? Are they likely to say that was a detectable leak?

I mean, am I expected to get on my roof every week to ensure I don't have any leaks? It's not something I have ever considered doing before, and something I wouldn't expect anyone under the height of 12 feet to do either, unless you have experience in that field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back