Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had 2 leaks in the last 3 years. The first one was discovered after a whopping bill, the second the council advised us our usage was unusually high so we got it checked - the leak was under our driveway. Luckily the plumber was able to fix it without digging up the driveway.

The first time we put in a claim and were successful in having the bill reduced on the proviso that we couldn’t make another claim for 3 years. Bad luck about the second leak :(.

Neither of our leaks were visible, being underground. We now regularly take meter readings as our plumbing is nearly 40 years old and we don’t trust it!

It will depend on your council or water provider but go for the claim. At least now that you’ve had this particular problem fixed it’s probably unlikely to happen again.

All councils are different I would think, and love making up rules to avoid losing money.

Just a thought - would your house insurance cover it?

Good luck.

Pep_x

Team Captain
Nov 15, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Heard Robbo mention on 360 that Jake Landsberger had left the dogs.

I'm sure the club will have a decent send off organised, some servant he has been.

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Heard Robbo mention on 360 that Jake Landsberger had left the dogs.

I'm sure the club will have a decent send off organised, some servant he has been.

Wow. Dr Landsberger has been there forever. Will be different in a sadly weird way not seeing him there. Loyal servant who deserves recognition for his contribution.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Wow. Dr Landsberger has been there forever. Will be different in a sadly weird way not seeing him there. Loyal servant who deserves recognition for his contribution.
I'm sure they will recognize him in some way at the Sutton Medal Night. Probably deserves life member at the club if he's been around as long as people say.

W
I'm hoping someone may be able to provide an expert opinion here...

For the second time in less than two years, I have received a nasty surprise with a hefty water bill.

Last time I applied to have a percentage of the bill waived by the water company, but I was unsuccessful because they told me the leak was detectable.

We've had a plumber come out this week and it was confirmed I did indeed have a leak. The leak was caused by a frost protection valve attached to a solar panel on our roof. This information is written in the report.

How am I likely to go in this situation? Are they likely to say that was a detectable leak?

I mean, am I expected to get on my roof every week to ensure I don't have any leaks? It's not something I have ever considered doing before, and something I wouldn't expect anyone under the height of 12 feet to do either, unless you have experience in that field.

Who says renewable energy isn't costly....

And think of the water you have wasted by reducing your reliance on coal....

In all seriousness, I don't know how they can say you can't claim again for 3 years. No one is there to help anyone anymore, it's all just a big rort and no matter what people and companies say they are doing for the customers, the planet an the environment, in reality, someone is lining their pockets.

gimp!

Standus Operatus
Feb 20, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Watching the teams run out got me thinking about the video they played on the scoreboard before the Dogs ran out, EJ giving his speech. Is there any footage of that floating about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
In today's Herald-Sun there is a photo of Toby Nankervis and Dustin Martin tipping the drinks bucket over Damien Hardwick. Is it correct to state The Bont was the first AFL player to do this? Have we created a tradition of sorts?

In today's Herald-Sun there is a photo of Toby Nankervis and Dustin Martin tipping the drinks bucket over Damien Hardwick. Is it correct to state The Bont was the first AFL player to do this? Have we created a tradition of sorts?
They copied everything else from us, why not that?

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Morris take on a role as Development coach

Jordan Russell moves from that role into midfield coach

Stephen King will move from defensive coach to opposition training and strategy

Rohan Smith will return to defensive coach

Steve Grace has moved on to look for other opportunities in the AFL

Jamie Maddocks moves from opposition and development coach, into a development manager role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back