Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in on the Doggies! How do you guys feel about the upcoming season? I'm intrigued to see how your young players perform (especially BAZLENKA!)

Just checking in on the Doggies! How do you guys feel about the upcoming season? I'm intrigued to see how your young players perform (especially BAZLENKA!)
I think most are excited given our acquisitions during the trade period. I personally think anything outside of a top four finish will be disappointing given our list and fixture (barring a devastating injury run). Seems like the consensus is we should be in for a good year both on and off the field.

Really excited. We've patched some gaps and we have Moz on our coaching team. I'm also a Baz fan and excited to see what next year brings for him.

Just got my membership pack. I’m usually pretty satisfied with the offering but the dark blue cap is horrendous. So thin and cheap. It sticks out weirdly at the sides and the velcro feels like it’ll last about a week before it loses its connectivity.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just got my membership pack. I’m usually pretty satisfied with the offering but the dark blue cap is horrendous. So thin and cheap. It sticks out weirdly at the sides and the velcro feels like it’ll last about a week before it loses its connectivity.

I've learnt to never opt for the hat.

I know it must be hard to come up with a different design every year, but a dark navy blue cap? Not sure what the Carlton and Geelong caps will look like next year as possible clashes but surely we can design something a bit closer to our Bulldogs blue?

Fox Footy currently playing the 2015 final vs Adelaide. Such an entertaining game with both sides very attacking and open. Gee footy has changed so much in 4 years.

Fox Footy currently playing the 2015 final vs Adelaide. Such an entertaining game with both sides very attacking and open. Gee footy has changed so much in 4 years.
Bring back the third man up!

It's due to climate change, didn't you know?

I know it must be hard to come up with a different design every year, but a dark navy blue cap? Not sure what the Carlton and Geelong caps will look like next year as possible clashes but surely we can design something a bit closer to our Bulldogs blue?

Good call. Will be hard to distinguish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else on here a Ballarat add-on member? I usually get both packs at once and haven't got the Ballarat one yet.. Wondering if I should call the club or not.

I rather like the cap colour, for a change. The navy has been sneaking in, in other garments such as training gear, polos, for a few years now. Wonder why.

I rather like the cap colour, for a change. The navy has been sneaking in, in other garments such as training gear, polos, for a few years now. Wonder why.
I have no evidence for this but it wouldn't surprise me if the answer to your question is in your opening statement - that at a neural or unconscious level the deeper blue is less jarring. It's easier on the eye, as the expression goes, especially when alongside a bright colour like the Bulldog red.

For similar reasons it may be that people are more prepared to wear it, which of course translates to greater merchandising revenue in the end.

1575809002034.png 1575809040787.png

Then of course, I could be entirely wrong ...

The “Same Photo of Cody Weightman Every Day” from the 2020 Grand Final won’t be quite as colourful 😁

84B5A12A-1429-4A88-BD16-308C82504C5B.jpeg

I have no evidence for this but it wouldn't surprise me if the answer to your question is in your opening statement - that at a neural or unconscious level the deeper blue is less jarring. It's easier on the eye, as the expression goes, especially when alongside a bright colour like the Bulldog red.

For similar reasons it may be that people are more prepared to wear it, which of course translates to greater merchandising revenue in the end.

View attachment 791013 View attachment 791015

Then of course, I could be entirely wrong ...

And Melbourne’s navy blue as well as Geelong and Carlton’s.

The polo and cap colour is purely just to appease a mass market. It’s more wearable everyday away from the footy and this is a key reason they filled the colours down. The marketing team would have done plenty of research on it.

I agree with the strategy. I’d be much more likely to wear a dark blue polo or hat than one similar colour to our playing strip. I love the jumper but it’s not everyday wear.

Does anyone know where I can find footage/highlights of Dale Morris' first match? It was Grant's 300th, so I'm surprised there isn't anything available on YouTube. It was also the night I knew we'd win the Grand Final that year with Darcy kicking six goals. That was, of course, until he did his knee the following week and subsequently not play again for another 700 days.

I wouldn't read too much into it because there can be many factors involved, including just plain administrative or procedural errors, but according to the WB website Height and Weight stats here are the variations from last year's official list:

Bailey Smith - 1 cm shorter :huh: (now 185) and 1 kg lighter (now 82)
Zaine Cordy - 4 kg heavier :thumbsu: (now 90)
Buku Khamis - 1 cm shorter :huh: (now 189) and 1 kg heavier (now 80)
Ben Cavarra - 2 cm shorter :eek: (now 173)
Billy Gowers - 1 kg lighter (now 87)
Lachie Young - 1 cm shorter :huh: (now 189)
Jordon Sweet - 2 kg heavier (now 106) :devil:

However the most mystifying - and pretty obviously wrong - is that Tim English is still listed as being 93kg. I'm pretty sure someone posted on this board that he is now over 100kg, which sounds about right for a 205cm ruckman heading into his fourth season.

Maybe they'll do another update in Feb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back